1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

about ed on tucson craigslist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crazycooter, Sep 30, 2009.

1. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

Cool stuff in the site that you posted… Thanks
    http://www.workingpitbull.com/Page1.html

Think Twice About What You Wish For...
    I've seen a lot of chatter lately about the death of Ed Farron's pit bulls in North Carolina. Seems that it is fashionable to blame the HSUS exclusively for the death of those animals. Old Ed, facing his second conviction for dog fighting got off pretty easy, even though he took a plea deal which involved him signing his dog's own death warrant; in the craze to blame the HSUS everyone seems to have forgotten that those 100+ unsocialized, bored-to-tears dogs were put in that position by Ed and Ed alone. Dog fighters suck. They make the dogs victims.
    Personally, I thank the HSUS for its efforts to put dog fighters out of the fighting and puppy mill business. Do I think that the HSUS staff does it out of love for the dogs? I'm not that naive. Wayne Pacelle, like all radicals, is not about the issue at hand, they are about power and the perception that the entire world should conform to their personal viewpoint. You know, "only they know what is best for everyone". Most people grow out of this megalomania in their mid twenties - but not all.
    Does the HSUS, PETA, Unchain Your Dog and other groups working to make dog ownership more and more restrictive have as their ultimate goal the cessation of all pet ownership? Absolutely. I'll give this to PETA, at least if you press them they will admit it. And who supports these anti-pet groups? Pet lovers. It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. But people are sheep.
    People really are sheep. Ordinary dog loving folks who would cringe at the thought of boarding "Fluffy" for a week at the most posh boarding facility in town hugged each other in the streets with joy that the majority of Michael Vick's pit bulls got life sentences at a glorified "collectors" out in the freezing/burning desert. Knowing pit bulls like I do, I failed to see what was wonderful about dogs being forced to spend years and years in 10 x 20 foot kennels without an owner, without a purpose, a job, a life. I failed to see what was wonderful about putting them in the hands of people so ignorant of the breed that they proclaimed sad faced to the TV cameras that the dogs exhibited post traumatic stress disorder - evidenced by the way they played so hard with their toys. Oiy vey.
    Just about anyone who loves dogs wants to see the victims of dog fighting treated as victims. Treated with respect and kindness and fairness. This, unfortunately, does not include the HSUS. They continue to call for the wholesale killing of these animal abuse victims "just because". This is inexcusable and quite frankly lets slip a view of their real intentions. But on the other hand, those who mindlessly work for the opposite extreme "save them at any cost" (and the cost is to the dog) let slip a view of their real intentions as well. Strange, isn't it, that the ultimate goal of these two extremes is the same? Money. News coverage. Name recognition. Perceived importance.
    And the dogs? They end up dead or the "living dead". Which is worse? Personally, I have no hesitation in knowing that I would chose humane euthanasia for my beloved pit bulls to a lifetime of "boarding" at a facility with well over 500 dogs. My dogs hate to be boarded so why would I think a lifetime of it is a gift? There are worse things than death for a dog. Endlessly waiting for your owner is one of them.
    So think twice before you cheer efforts to move dog fight bust dogs to what I like to call "an above ground pet
    cemetery". As an animal control officer for over 20 years, I saw my share of animal collectors. They all shared the same traits: they all felt they were "helping" animals by collecting far more than they could give a quality of life to and they all felt that anyone who would buck up and euthanize an animal for which there was no appropriate home was "horrible". Some collectors were poor and ultimately busted for neglect, others had lots and lots of money and ended up with their own TV shows. But the reality for the dogs which are trapped in the situation is the same.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1399616763