1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Abpt roles or parts in movies ?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by WeekendWarrior, Jun 20, 2005.

1. WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior Big Dog

I cant think of any movies that I have seen that featured a pitbull. I know rottys and dobys are always in movies. Just wondering if you guys know of movies or tv show's that had pitbulls playing a role or just making an aperance. Thanks mike

2. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

The Little Rascal's had Petey, who was an APBT.

3. WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior Big Dog

Oh yeah forgot about that one.

4. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

The movie "Black Dog" has a black APBT in it

5. X

X Banned

Are you sure? I'm actually planning on watching that movie tonight... I've watched it before, but I don't remember seeing one.

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Yup...she's sure, it has a Black Am Staff looking dog in it.
    BB

7. WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior Big Dog

Thanks guys keep it goin

8. X

X Banned

Well, there's a difference between an Am Staff and an APBT... so which is it? Lol

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Your right and it barely stopped there. The RCA dogs in ads were pits named nipper and lil nipper before the media changed them to Dalmations type things sometime in our Generation and their slogan was "His Masters Voice" showing a pit sitting in front of an old horn type radio with a tilted head. The idea for the slogan was that the sound from their product was so good it could fool a pitbull. As far as good recent movies I am stumped to come up with one, I mainly come up with products or Mascots like Sallie or Stubby who were famous war Mascots. There has also been products with pits as the ad man, like the Pitbull padlock systems or the hoist company named pitstrong or something like that with a picture of a Pit as the advertisement, this is obviously an arcaic attempt to show the products quality but still was prevailent and popular into the 80s. There is what I call some "B" movies with dogs in them one was a movie with some black kid who had this killer and he ended up hanging it from a fire escape and shooting it thats all I really remember about it and another with this black man with dreads who teaches his car thief friend what the dogs taught him...the funny thing is neither must have been good enough for us to remember the names I made several calls and we all forgot...maybe I will call blockbuster. I am sure as soon as I hit submit I will think of these 2 movie names and 3 more I forgot too, as well as 9 or 10 more products but for now this will have to suffice. I will upddate the info later and I have lots of cool pics from a pit being on the Cover of Life magazine to the RCA dogs etc if anyone wants these old things for their collection email me and I will send them to you.

10. 440rider

440rider Guest

death hunt- charles bronson
    ammores perros- mexican film
    white fang
    bullet: w/ mickey rourke & tupac
    good son

11. B

B CH Dog

Does anyone remember the movie from the 1980's that had a white pitbull trained to attack black people? The dog had attacked several and a man took it as his mission to rehabilitate the dog and show everyone that it was owner and not animal that created these type of behaviors. I forgot the name of the movie and I saw it MANY years ago. The movie was a good one and had a good principle to it. I would love to watch it again.

B

12. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

id like to see it also... if anyone has the name of it please post it!

13. WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior Big Dog

Havent seen any of these besides white fang and cant rember a pitbull. Did pitbulls play and decent size roles in these movies or just a quick glimpse. And are there worth watching. I would also like to see that movie you are descriping

14. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i dont know at the name of that movie but i have watched amor es peros and it has a lot of pitbulls fighting.i watched it back in mexico.

15. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

in white fang the pit was actually fighting white fang right before fang was saved from the ppl who had stolen him..

16. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

17. 440rider

440rider Guest

B&D, who was in the movie do you have any more info on it? Characters names, the dogs name?

18. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

19. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

rock,

dont hate , just cause that "pit like" animal got leading k-9 role in multi million dollar movie. shit half the so called pitbulls ant pitbulls anyway, if its postive its a pit! lol

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Ok, this one is more for the ladies. For some odd reason I tape Days of Our Lives (no comments please! ;) ), & Bonnie Lockhearts dog is a black & white pit bull. I haven't seen it aired lately, but last summer the dog had tons of airtime........:D