1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Aggression!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Yung-One, Oct 5, 2004.

1. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

hey i didn't believe it but i saw it and i was so damn surprised. i just went up to her an made sure she was ok and gave a treat. she's strong for her size and can pull a large amount. like they say don't judge a book by it's cover, never judge a gamebred pitbull by its size. ;)

2. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

heh i know id love to have a 26lb dog....i just dont see one throwin a big ass dog like that around. after the cur dog gets winded i could see the bully having the upperhand...

3. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

true , i don't have the best dogs in the world but they are pretty damn tough and strong and get the job done in anything. you'd be surprise what an apbt could do if it want something so bad for so long and finally get it.lol

4. Marty

Marty Guest

Well I have a situation that involves a neighbor that has a dog running loose, I contacted them and told them to chain up there dog, they are old friends, I explained to them about APBT's having a bad rap told them in detail what could happen and the dog is still running loose all I can do as a responsible dog owner is try. If her dog come's in MY yard and my dog kills their's it's my fault because I own APBT's and that is not right!! What is this country coming too? :mad:

5. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

all i can say is true but sad. it's just people who don't own pitbulls and irresponsible apbt owners who try to make them look bad , but it's up to us to prove them wrong.

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I have 2 that fit that weight range, and a few more just over it LOL Lots of small ones here...
    BB

7. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

mine is okay with some dogs [mostly females], hes still a pup but hes at the age were hes trying to find his place

8. CRG

CRG Top Dog

i had an incident occur about two weeks ago. these people a street over always have their akita in the front yard with them off chain,no leash.when ever i see this i take cyrus in a diifferent direction. well we turn arond and go into the field across the street. i am walking an the people start yelling. i turn around and here comes this 70-75 lb akita running. now these people are 200-250 yards away yelling he is not mean he is not going to bite.i pick cyrus up into my arms an start yelling for the people to come get their dog. they do not move just keep yelling for the dog. the akita comes up snaps at me and cyrus he is in my arms and the people are still not coming. the akita keeps trying to get at cyrus so before either of us got bit i unleashed cyrus an dropped him.cyrus ended up getting him good in the front leg while i am getting him off with the breaking stick.the owners finally get over ask if my dogs alright then they noticed their dogs leg.well next thing police and animal control are at my house i show them cryus rabies tags an city license an tell them what happen.they tell me to have a good day an went and ticketed the akitas owners for not having their dog leashed or chained and they had to pay their dogs vet bill. i try to avoid these type situations at all cost but you never know what is going to happen.

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Glad it worked out ok for you and that the law opened their eyes and seen who truly was at fault. In a situation like yours, I woulda done the same thing cause I'm sure not gonna let myself get bit LOL

BB

10. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

My big roll males like that too... big, lazy and dumb, till ya drop him in a [].... Hes also a real gentleman with the ladys!!
    [​IMG]

11. pingers

pingers Pup

it sounds like your puppie is still learning it's way around town mate! Just do good things as you already is, taking him for walks and take him around the back at home when it's you and the family home make him chase the bone on the wire for twenty minutes, and then tie him back up at his or her kennel, brush the dogs fur every once a week but keep him in the family. But if you do all those things keep eye watch on the dog because they chase then bite anything they dont know that doesn't occur to the dog. teach your dog well and it will listen to you. Remember pittbulls impress there owners if your a bad owner it will be a bad dog. goodluck.
    Pingers. NZ.

12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I have a 45 pound female that took down a 80 pound male like nothing .. and the male is solid muscle.. (threw him down..) He wont mess too much with her .. he's a lover lol and they were playing ..but just to see the smaller dog do that is amazing. Their stamina and endurance .. she's never on all fours much.. shes a brute .

13. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

i believe you too , lol. there are alot of curs around my area , people don't chain their dogs up.
    and they always come in my yard tryin to "get some" , but my females are really aggresive against unknown dogs(dogs not in my yard). i was inside and a big black cur came in my yard. i guess he thought he was gonna get him some , next thing i know i heard my dogs barking i went outside and my female has the dog by the chest just shaking him i didn't panic went got my breaking sticks. i always have some just in case. and when i got back outside the ccur was on its back being shook from side to side , he atleast had to weigh a good 80 to 90 lbs. when i broke her loose that cur hauled ass , limpin with a hole the size of a bullet hole in his chest. she had not one scratch on her. so i just washed her off and let it be. till this day i haven't seen that cur.