1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allergies

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by XxKonnectionsxX, Jul 5, 2004.

1. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Hey Shon or anyone out there who may help. I just found out today my pup is allergic to mosquitos. I went to my dad's house out in the country and we were outside and the mosquitos ate me and my pup up. When we got home her face looked like someone who had just finished a boxing match. Any suggestions on what I should do? My vet told me it was safe to give her children's benedryl. I just hope it works. If not we have to take her in to make sure she is gonna be ok. I'm sure she is because when she got home she was trying to play tug of war and every other game she likes to play. So I'm prayin she's gonna be ok. If anyone has any suggestions as far as her getting an allergy shot I would love the input. Oh by the way she's a house dog so that may be a reason she is allergic. Either way I won't be letting her out especially if the bugs are bad.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

If the pup seems to be alright, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye on the dog, if it shows any sign of problems give the benadryl. But watch the dose, give a little then wait, if more is neede give a little more etc.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

ok...thanks. I appreciate that. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I damn near had a heart attack. Hell she's like a kid to me.

4. AC

AC Big Dog

Yep benadryl works great. Used it for a dog of mine that had an allergic reaction to a b-12 shot and it cleared it up in a matter of minutes.

5. Maybe you wanna try some of that Bronco spray they told me about here before you take the pup outside again to help rebel any bugs from bitting it..(just my 2 cents) hope it works for you.. And hope the dogs fine.. PEAcE

6. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

OFF........Spay it on a cloth and wipe it on the dog, before you take it out side for now on, Be careful of the eyes....For now give the dog a oatmeal path then put the meds on him or her?...It would be a good idea to take the dog to the vet ( If you have the money ) to get some meds to keep on hand, just in case you need them at a later date........

7. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

ok Thanks. I did that. I knew what to do. Seems like everything came natural to me. Plus I've done my research. I really appreciate everyone's input. ALl of her swelling has gone down and she's doing better. Now I see why this is the best group I've ever joined. Thanks guys.:)

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

They make a mosquito / fly spray just for dogs. I use a spray called horse and stable.. you can use it on the dog and the yard. Works pretty well..keeps the flies away, too