1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Allergy on particle board?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by WNK, Aug 26, 2013.

1. WNK

WNK Big Dog

Is it possible that a dog has an allergic reaction against particle boards?
    I know a dog which has big health problems, the owners are very often at the vet and diverse diseases were excluded. Now they thought about his kennel and dog house (particle boards), and ask theirself if this could be the reason.

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Anything is possible and sometimes it can be the strangest things.

Reason I say it is that I built my shop in the early 90's. The particle board/OSB that we used for sheathing had an out rim painted/sealed in a blue substance. All was well. The next load we bought was painted/sealed in pink. I broke out with a blistery rash. It took three outbreaks before I identified the one thing that was setting it off. So not being a doctor, I would say if it is possible in people it is also possible in dogs.
    Change the house to see if it helps. It would be a cheap alternative to continual vet bills. S