1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Am I right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by B, Oct 18, 2005.

1. B

B CH Dog

Every week I browse the community board in a handful of stores, gas stations, and feed stores in my area. They are mainly in a direct line from my highway exit to my home. I live in a fairly rural area so it is a decent length drive from the highway to my house. I usually do this when I go grocery shopping or some other venture that brings me into town. What do I do?

I remove all ads for "pitbulls" for sale.

I've seen some mighty ignorant people posting these ads. Back awhile ago I actually used to call these people and try to talk to them a bit. After much frustration and general ignorance I decided it was better to simply remove these items from the board.

Here are a handful of postings from a few weeks of my removal service:

Gamebred purebred american bloodline 100+lb pitbull puppies for sale 2M 5F $250/M $300/F

Rare blue, black, and tan pitbull puppies 100% purebred. For sale $200

Game bred Eli Gonner (trying to spell Garner) Rednose puppies $300 w/shots up to date

pitbulls that are 100% purebred 5 weeks old $200

pitbull puppies from 75lb blue female and 88lb rare red/blue nose male $400

Does anyone see how bad things are with this breed? Do we really need more people breeding pitbulls?

I honestly would like to know who feels that this is either right or wrong of me to be messing with people's business. There is a fine line between right and wrong but in my opinion these people shouldn't even own these mutts. Just so you know, many times there are new listings with new litters with the same phone number. That means these people are basically breeding their females every heat and selling the dogs. These dogs make money for the people. I have visited one of the postings above and I can tell you they were the most ignorant dog abusers I have ever seen. Before you get all worked up, their dogs were in decent shape but they lived their lives in breeding kennels making as many puppies as they possibly can. There isn't an "illegal" abuse but that doesn't change the fact that these people are dog users and abusers.

So give it to me straight... am I right or wrong? You can be very honest and I won't get upset. My best intentions are for the breed as always.

Best Regards,

B

Jenn, rocksteady and Verderben like this.
  2. jankab

jankab Top Dog

Well B all I can say is if they are BYB F'em... I would tear down their adds to. They are in this breed for the wrong reason and obviously that reason is $$. I wouldn't condemn someone who is honest and is properly educated and looking out for the best of this breed, BUT...I haven't seen that once in a posting in a supermarket, local store, ect...

So no I personally don't disagree with you and feel your actions are justified if it is just another BYB posting. Someone needs to stop them, and that someone is us.

3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I think that only responsible breeders with a waiting list should breed any kind of dog. So many dogs go unwanted nowadays. The person that we got our puppy from was giving the pups away because he couldn't affoard to feed them. My pup and his brother were only getting fed once a day, every other day. Then, once we got the pup he said that when his other female came into heat he was going to breed her too. I just don't think that people like that should be allowed to breed their dogs.

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I would say this is a case of a responsible Pit Bull breeder/owner policing irresponsible breeders/owners....something MAINSTREAM dog owners say we refuse to do.....you get a thumbs up fom me.............

Posting those types of adds in that manner cannot be good for the breed or the folks trying desparately to improve the publics image of those associated with the breed. Removing these adds does not negate these peoples right to breed and sell their dogs, but it may force them to do it more responsibly.

5. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

honestly i say keep up the good work.. less of these puppy mill type dogs going around the better..

6. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

I Would Do The Same Thing. There Are So Many Bad People Out There That Are Not Raised On How To Care For Animals Let Alone Know What Is Right And Wrong To Do To Them. More Power To You To Have The Balls To Do This To Many People Are Scared To Do Any Thing.

7. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

Bnd For president... oh sorry yea i agree man to many adoptable dogs to be buying "pure" pits from BYB... i only adopt for that reason

8. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Being that I got my first dog by way of the news paper. I agree with you B! I was uneducated and foolish when it came to the breed and even more uneducated with the BYB that was out for my money. I will only buy from a breeder or If you get to know them they will give you one for that matter. I, like you B have had the runaround with byb and have called them to see what kind of crap they would tell me. I go as far as emailing them as well and pulling their punk card. Like this ByB here Moore's XL A.P.B.T.!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  9. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah i was driving around last night on my way to dinner and i saw a huge sign in a shortcut i tak in a neighborhood and it said "Pit bull pups rare color's" so i just took the sign down and tossed it in the trash when i got home.

10. 440rider

440rider Guest

To tell you the truth I have alot of passion for bulldogs and it's very upsetting to see the direction this breed is heading, unfortunatly there is really nothing I can think of to change it. Do I think you are in the wrong for taking down flyers and for sale ads for bulldogs..NOT AT ALL but that is just my opinion ...although these pups are already on the ground and it's happening weather you tear down every flyer in town....I would never waste my time calling what's the point that is not your business to school someone on bulldogs or to tell them what you opinion is on their dogs..what's to gain from it...beside more frustration?

I agree but there are also people who believe we shouldnt own real bulldogs as well with all the BSL and breed bans. I raise the dogs I choose to have the way I like and they can raise the dogs they choose they way they like..None of my business to interfere with someone elses yard..weather I like what he's breeding or not...and most of what I see on flyers and in the paper it's a NOT.

11. CB

CB CH Dog

LMOA that must be where PR Bootay got her dog from lol.

12. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

THOSE DOGS WERE UGLY! HE WANTS TO TRADE A ENGLISH BULLDOG SO YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING ALL THOSE DOGS LOOK CROSSED WITH MASSTIF, BULLDOG AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE.

13. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

i agree with ya 100%. i also got my first ones from byb. i was ignorant as was the people i got the dogs from. my male came from one of those i have "pits" i am a bada** punk types. true his female was a bad lil bitch. i wish there were some type of law against breeders like that. breeding every heat and most if not all can't afford to feed em or take proper care of the bitches or pups. okay done ranting.

14. puregame

puregame Big Dog

I definetly agree with taking them down, Way to do your part ;) . I live in south florida, not exactly what you would call rural, but there are just as many of those kinds of ads and postings.

The most popular bloodlines in these parts are 'rednose' and 'brindle' and they go for about $150-300 most no papers. :(

puregame

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

If you were also posting flyers then yes.. I would think it would be wise to mind ur own ... But since you dont post flyers or sell dogs for that matter... why stop with the pitbulls?? Im sure a few hundred other breeds could use your help...... ;)

16. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I Agree completely with you taking the flyers down but it won't stop these breeders from selling their puppies. I was told the German shepherd registry is strictly regulated where they won;t let just anyone breed and sell those dogs. They have to meet strict guidelines in order to breed. Maybe something like that would be a solution to our problems. On the other hand, I work for the humane society and they won't adopt out any puppies unless they are spayed or neutered first. You know how people do, they tell you they are going to get the animal fixed and then for some reason, don't. If these people who are responsible breeders spay or neuter their pet quality pups (it can be done at 10 or 12 weeks of age) before they sell them. Another way would be to turn these peoples information over to animal control so they can check out their operation. You know, see if there is abuse, shot records, etc...,
    Not only are byb's breeding like crazy, other supposed reputable kennels do the same. All for the sake of making a dollar. I know of one kennel now who has 40 puppies on the ground. Top picks start at $2,000. The people I got my dogs from also seem to keep having puppies. I bought my four (2 females from Alabama, 2 males from Florida) with the intention of breeding each bitch once and selling the pups then getting them spayed. Now I am not even sure I want to do that. They are almost 2 yrs old and that is the age I was going to breed at, but one is very dog aggressive and one of the male's conformation isn't the greatest. Besides, my state is considering BSL and I am scared. Why would someone who loves the breed consider putting pups on the ground just to be euthanized later when the crap hits the fan?

17. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

If anyone could give me some feedback on my thoughts, I would appreciate it.

18. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

I say if that's your rule DELETE THEM!!!!

19. WWII

WWII Banned

I'm kinda torn between it being right and wrong. I agree you should throw them away, but chances are, the BYBs are having litter after litter, and if no one is calling or showing up to get a dog, then they're being overwhelmed with dogs. Then what? Chances are they end up taking them to the pound instead of possibly getting a loving home. Remember: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

20. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

it's bad when you get out in rural areas and find the same ole shit..people trying to pass off byb for a little cash. knowing the dogs aren't up to par.(for the most part,,i'm assuming. but i would do the same. and possibly make your own postings on the true apbt standard, and responsible ownership, breeding policies, and fixing of these dogs. just to make your voice heard. hell, put a number one it and educate some of these people about what the breed is about, and what it's being turned into by byb's like these fo;ls. jmo.