1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

another view

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by DEACON ROM, Jan 3, 2005.

1. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

"

Gameness In The True Sense Of The Word Is What The American Pitbull Is All About. It Is Something That We Should All Be Proud Of. The Apbt Is Nit The Only Gamedog, But There Is Only A Handful Of Dogs That Can Be Proud To Share This Noble Title.

Gameness Is A Willingness To Please. It's Not An Easily Identifiable Term. It's About Courage, Loyalty, Tenacity And An Immense Love Of Life. It's About Lack Of Fear, Total Trust And Unending Devotion. In Refrence To The Apbt, It's A Dog That Never Questions It's Master Decisions And Follows Them Through Witout Complaint. It's About A Dog That Would Surrender Its Life For You And Sadly Its Also About Those Poor Mistreated Animals Who Have Been Abondon Or Beaten, Yet Still Find It Within Themselves To Respond With A Wag Of The Tail And Loving Eyes, To An Outstretched Hand Or A Soft Word Without Knowing What Consequences Their Actions May Bring.
    Haven't You Ever Seen Or Heard Of Someone Attempting A Seemingly Impossible Task And Heard Someone Remark How Game They Were? Thats Gameness The Same As Our Dogs.

Do You Remember Being Young And Foolish And Somebody Would Want To Do Something Forbidden? Did You Ever Remark "i Am Game If You Are."thats A Willingness To Please... Its's Also Gameness.

Never Condemn Anyone For Saying They Have Gamedogs. We Should All Try To Breed Our Dogs True To Type, For If We Don't, They Become Just Another Dog. Ask Yourself Why You Own A Apbt And If It Is For Any Of The Above Reasons Or If It Is Just Because Od The Gameness.

You, As Owners Of These Wonderful Dogs Should Try To Find The Gameness Within Yourselves To See Things As They Are And Realize That Because Of This Indefinable Word, That Feeling That Lacks Description, The Sence Of Knowing That Somehow These Dogs Are Different, That Special Something Is Gameness And Nobody Should Ever Try To Change That.

If You Can't Live With That Word And Somehow Think It Is Linked To The Breeds Dark Past, Then Maybe These Dogs Were Never Really Meantt For You, If You Can't Look At Your Dogs Past With A Sense Of Pride And Realize That It Was His Pst That Made Him The Dog He Is Today, Then Maybe You Should Seriously Consider Qwning A Poodle.

Look At Your Dogs Past... The Fighting Dog Of Yesterday Standing Proud And Tall. He Didn't Fight To Kill Or Hurt The Other Dog, He Fought Because Of His Do Or Die Attitude And Because He Was Proud To Please His Owner... He Did It For Love.

Open Your Eyes And See That Gameness Is All Around You. The Tiny Newborn Pup Struggling For Life Itself, Soon Becomes Your Pruod Baby Puppy At His First Show, Clowning Around To Hide His Fear, Being Brave Because You Are There So It Must Be Ok.

This Pup Soon Becomes A Strong Weight Pull Dog With Muscles Straining Against The Harness, Pulling To Please Refusing To Give Up Even When His Body Says No. Or The Hunting Dog Bringing Down A Pig Tens Of Times His Own Weight. Why They Do It? Simply Because You Set Them The Task And They Will Prove They Can Do It.

Then One Day Comes The Time When You Prove Your Own Gameness. When He Is Old And Frail And Comes To You With That Look In His Eyes That Says "i'm Sorry But I Can't Win This One".then It's Up To You To Be The Strong One To Say Goodbye And Comfort Him And Let Him Know That Sometimes It's Ok To Lose And I Those Final Moments He Will Become Your Hero When In Reality He Should Have Always Been That Way. Don't Wait Until It's Too Late To Realize The Truth.

Stop And Think When You Hear People Speak Of Their Game Dogs. Maybe They Have Already Learned The Truth. Don't Condemn Them For The Pride They Feel. Try To Understand What They Really Feel And With That Understanding Comes Appreciation And Acceptance Of What The Pitbull Was. Is And Always Should Stay... A True Game Dog."

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

excellent post

3. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

Excellent post

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Again, excellent post. How true, how true.........There is no other like this breed, nor can any breed even come close in comparison.

5. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Man that was the best damn post I've seen in a long time. I wish we had a song to play while reading that. lol All kidding aside, excellent post h&l. Keep up the good work

6. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

a song lol just curious you have one in mind? lol "we are the champions?"

7. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

LOL good one h&l

8. 5555

5555 Pup

hl
    damn near brought a tear to my eye, alot of people think the gamedog life is one of animal cruelty and dont see the bond a man and a dog have. great post, u kinda got around to the good part about how the breeds bloody past dictates the dog of present but a damn goot post at that.

9. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

excellent reading.

10. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Good post! I have seen men put dogs down because they did not perform good but it was not lack of gameness but ability! They gave all they had and was willing to take the death because of their master. When a dog gives his all and cant go anymore what is he? He is a trusting friend! What is a dog that goes in and then stops? He is a cur! I have been taken by men that say they know the game and they have yet to show me the right way to go. They are all about going as long as their dog looks good but when the tables turn they want to bend the rules to their advantage. I have been dealing with gamedogs for about 4yrs now and been led down a wrong road for the most part. But lesson learned and they will never see me coming the next time. I am proud to know what I know and still have to learn down the road. I will give up ability anyday for gameness and take a beating and shake hands afterwards for another lesson learned! Thanks for the motovation, Bgfu kennels

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Wow, great post.

12. ibcbt

ibcbt Pup

nice, left me speechless

13. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

wow, made me cry, and THAT is why i love these dogs.

14. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Nice post indeed.

15. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

EXCELLENT post HL!! You couldn't of said any better!!

16. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

I have seen men put dogs down because they did not perform good but it was not lack of gameness but ability! They gave all they had and was willing to take the death because of their master. When a dog gives his all and cant go anymore what is he? He is a trusting friend! What is a dog that goes in and then stops? He is a cur! I have been taken by men that say they know the game and they have yet to show me the right way to go. They are all about going as long as their dog looks good but when the tables turn they want to bend the rules to their advantage. I have been dealing with gamedogs for about 4yrs now and been led down a wrong road for the most part. But lesson learned and they will never see me coming the next time. I am proud to know what I know and still have to learn down the road. I will give up ability anyday for gameness and take a beating and shake hands afterwards for another lesson learned! Thanks for the motovation, MAN SOME 1 PUT THIS POST IN A BOOK.VERY TRUE

17. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

this is an article i was sent yrs ago. i saved and have since probly read it 15 times or more and enjoyed every time just wanted to share it.

18. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

amen! Excellent post and so very very true! I wish the whole world could read this article along with this pitbull video....i'm sure everyone here has seen it, but i show it to everyone that walks into my house not knowing what to do around my pitbulls.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2005
  19. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Hey have you ever listened to the words to that song on the pitbull video??
    That is definitaly the song that should be played for this great breed!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2005
  20. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

damn good flic. Never seen it before. That's something that needs to be sent when a petition is going around. Very Motivating and convincing.