1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any events in NW Missouri?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Pit_Fan, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

Does anyone know of any events coming up in missouri? (pulls, shows, competitions of any kind) Any info would be appreciated.

thanks J.

2. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

theres a show in ks this month, just remember that if you want to be in these dogs, you will have to travel more than you ever thought you would. the adba show in mo was in may, and that is in sedalia. as far as i know, there arent any shows in nw mo. i live in mo and so do a few others on here.
    j

3. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

i appreciate the heads up on the show. do you know when and where? i would really like to see one of the weight pulling contest. is there a website i should go to.

j.

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

5. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

No weight pull at the KS show in a couple of weeks though... 3 shows... its in Newton, KS I do believe

6. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

thanks everybody. i am still learning to get around on the site. shortly after i posted i started finding some info. but thank you for the help.

j.

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Your right about the traveling part.I'm in Missouri too except the other end of the state from the OP.Not much close without some drive time unfortunatly.

8. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

the traveling dosnt bother me much. im usually traveling on the bike all the time anyways. besides i dont really want to get real competetive or start breeding dogs. i just enjoy the breed and im not in any rush to get another pup. i just want to take my time and see some dogs first hand and find a line of dogs or a litter that i like.
    j.

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Any particular line of dogs you like or are interested in?

10. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

Im pretty open minded right now. if i found a dog i liked the pedigree dosnt mean alot to me. i had a dog out of kansas city half staffy half (red nose). nothing real impressive on his papers i think some watch dog or something on one side and he was probably the best dog i ever had. i left him to friend when i got deployed and they banned bullies where they lived so they gave him to a guy but i was supposed to atleast get breeding rights but obviously i couldnt keep track of this guy and i have tried to find the dog several times but without luck. long story short had a good dog couldnt get a pup out of him so now i have to start over.

11. Pit_Fan

Pit_Fan Pup

chinaman, eli, ofrn would be neat (if i could find something decent). i like the athletic dogs with nice heads on them. nothing to short and stocky. and not the great big tall 90-100 pounders. 50 to 70 maybe. i would prefer a male.

12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

what ever happened with that sdr thing?

13. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

not as many interested as I thought there would have been so its on the back burner. I havent given up on it, I just have had zero help and am looking for someone that wants to help with it. If you are interested let me know and we can meet up. If you are going to be at the KS show, we can meet up there.
    J

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

ill be there, we'll talk around that date

15. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Good advice in these dogs, meeting new people is for the dogs and should be taken with extreme selectiveness and shouldn't be done at all in reality, nothing is good in the midwest for anyone and situation like BSK should be a prime example of the government willing to do anything to put someone in the hot seat. No disrespect intend to anyone in this but if I lived in the midwest still and thank god I no longer do, I wouldn't talk to anyone or anything not even showing dogs, let alone introducing myself. You must becareful of things and people now days even if you aren't seriously doing a damn thing wrong, this is how dogs get stolen and how people show up to your house handing out search warrants or better yet start rumors of so called dry snitching. But has I travel to shows which is becoming less, I see more people taking notes of who is there than participanting in the show, I get approach by idiots asking way to many questions to be not narcs or some type of PETA type extremist, and my best advice, leaving them where you found them, sometimes you take a chance but that is never smart and only draws attention. DOESN'T EVEN MATTER IF YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL OR LEGAL, YOU TAKE A CHANCE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WITH OWNING BULLDOG EQUIPMENT, i.e. treadmill, break stick or historical papers,books, mags or whatever. Be a nobody, keep to yourself and don't let people know where you live. Being a pet owner isn't even safe.

16. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

wtf?? Hey dream, pm me your number and I will call you when I get there.