1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any hunters out there?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BamaBoy, May 28, 2006.

1. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Here's a recent one we caught. He was a rank one. Most all the dogs beat up/cut down. Wound up losing a catchdog and a strike dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Riptora likes this.
  2. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

when you say "losing a catch dog and a strike dog" does that mean that they died??? WTF????thats what your animals mean to you?? GRRRR!! that isnt right AT ALL! :(

3. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Did u have the dogs protection on? Sorry to hear about the dogs but nice catch. Kinda hard to see anything for me in the first pic though.

Aaron

4. hum HELLO!!!!!!! ever hear about useing a vest and collar???!!!! that was not a very smart thing to do..idiot....

5. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

I appologize.....I thought this may be a working dog site! Obviously you know nothing about the destruction that feral hogs do to the farming and ranching communities. Millions of dollars each year are lost due to this destruction. Wild (feral) hog removal by dogs is by far the most effective, efficient way to assist in the control of feral hog depredation. All hogs harvested are utilized to feed the less fortunate. The meat has been donated to orphanages, women's shelters, and others that have a need for it.

And for the record, until you seen how the dogs love their job, or until you have spoken to me personally, you have no idea what my dogs mean to me. As a matter of fact, I can guarantee the vast majority of hunters take better care of their dogs than non-working dog owners. So, you can GRRRRRR all you want because you don't know shit!

6. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I like the idea of hog hunting with dogs. I think its legitimate, useful work. But how common is it to lose dogs on a hunt? Seems like it would have to happen from time to time but I'd hope thats really the exception.

I've gotten the feeling that some people almost never lose dogs during a hunt, while others lose a lot of dogs. Love to hear from some of the experenced hog hunters on here about that.

7. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Another obvious non hunter...yes we vest and collar as well as use tracking collars on all our catch dogs. The curs dogs wear cut collars and tracking collars. Thanks for assuming dumb ass!

8. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Pennsooner, that is the first two dogs we have lost in the last two years. During that time we have caught well over 200 hogs.

9. B

B CH Dog

First, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. There are plenty of "petbull" people on this site that have no idea how to actually use a working dog so please excuse their ignorance. Things happen when a dog is used for work. The dogs love what they do but sh** happens. Nice catch and keep up the good work :)
    Kind Regards,

B

10. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

For the record, here's how we outfit the catchdogs.

[​IMG]

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Hey BamaBoy, I'm sorry for your loss, nice (and tasty) looking hog. It sounds like you guys are over-run with the things.

I wasn't trying to jump your case, I don't guess its possable to have a dog do that sort of work risk free. Glad to hear your percentages are as good as they are.

12. Marty

Marty Guest

Your doing a great job with the dogs man, keep em working ;)

13. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

No worries man, we do everything we can to minimize the potential injuries. Always run 3-4 catchdogs because you never know what kind of hog your going to find.

14. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Sorry for the loses :( Always hurts to lose one. But whats worse- Loosing a few dogs or loosing a breed? Keep 'em working man, great catch! Looks tasty. Your doing good with the protective gear. But like B said, **** happens.

when you say "losing a catch dog and a strike dog" does that mean that they died??? WTF????thats what your animals mean to you?? GRRRR!! that isnt right AT ALL! :(

You make petbull owners like me look bad :rolleyes: . . .

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm glad to hear some people are still working their animals. The environment thanks you (as well as us) for helping to curb the overpopulation of these pests.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss(es), I'm sure the dogs went out with a smile on their face and a big ole taste of bacon to take to the other side though :)

P.S. Cant see the first pic at all, its too dark, but judging by the teeth on the lower pic...that was a mean boar!

16. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Bama i hope you dont think i was jumping on you because it was not intendended that way. I dont have any problem with working dogs at all ....nice job on keeping them working.

Aaron

17. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I lightened the photo up a bit, if no one minds ;)

[​IMG]

18. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Sorry about the first pic, I'll see if I can find another. It was about 3am when we took it. The hog was 400+ pounds. His chest cavity was about the size of a 55 gallon drum.

Maybe this pic will show better.

[​IMG]

This hog was this dogs first catch. No cuts on this one, just beat up a little.

[​IMG]

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Looks like a big one, congrats again.

20. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Bullboi, no worries man!