1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

any luck

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by 12 gauge, Oct 11, 2011.

1. culabula

culabula Big Dog

the k.c registered wheatens arent the ones used for breeding lurchers-distant non working relatives of the dogs that ought to be used.If it were me id go with straight greyhound x airedale

2. I have an Irish terrier bull grey
    He's a good dog on fox

Bran 12months.jpg

3. thefonz

thefonz Pup

12 gauge have a look on gumtree Ireland. always wheatens for sale,was a cracking one on other day and not the kc stuff,might still be there atb

4. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

thanks thefonz, anyone have any idea of working whippets in the US?

5. thefonz

thefonz Pup

sorry m8 keep forgetting this aint a uk site

6. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

always ? must be garbage.. dont think real stuff are easily acquired.

7. thefonz

thefonz Pup

yeah blackpoison it must be garbage cos its on gumtree?theres plenty on good wheatens out there,and anything can be acquired if youve got the money.its not abreed with restrictions onit

8. thefonz

thefonz Pup

A friend of mine got a nuttall dog off the old nuttall lines off gumtree,the dog had 25yrs of proven dogs behind it,nuttall himself dosnt even have dogs this good atb

9. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

A Beddy/Whippet X Grey

Attached Files:

10. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

Saluki/Grey X Bull/Whippet

11. pockets

pockets Big Dog

12 gauge depends on what size of dog your looking for what u r hunting is it just rabbit dog or something for reds and things
    DSC00217.jpg
    000_0549.jpg post-304-1125091338.jpg 12-342A9212-1156369-960.jpg 000_0520.jpg

12. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

yeah its for fox and yotes. theres a friend that has good staghounds but i want something smaller with the same capabilities and speed, like a 3/4 whippet with a 1/4 good cross

13. pockets

pockets Big Dog

whippet wheten or beddy would be the one if you were wanting the coat and plenty of fire. otherwise bull cross or hard cattle dog.friend of mine is breeding collie/bull/grey to irish terrier/wheten /grey both dogs are as silent as dogs come have no reverse gear.whippet grey is a better base to get small and quick blood than most first cross whippet crosses or 3/4.or saluki whip cross then add the other working type you want.had a few whippet whetens and first crosses and would have loved to had the chance to work them on yotes lol great lamping dogs

14. pockets

pockets Big Dog

you pay for shipping and ill send ya a young dog to hunt with lol collie bull grey

15. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

16. pockets

pockets Big Dog

lol not a problem lol the offer still stands