1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any one run Sportsmans pride food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Finkle, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Finkle

Finkle Big Dog

Anyone use this in their yards, I've used it for about a year now and had nothing but good results and the quality to price ratio is real good in my estimation. I use professional in the summers and then the adult in the winters. Anyone else have an opinion or experience with this feed? apparently they also produce the food for Eukaneba which i've seen some people run their dogs on.
    sportsman's pride home

2. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

never heard of it ..where is it sold ? i use diamond naturals myself .

3. Finkle

Finkle Big Dog

On there website they show there dealerships, were im from they only have it at one place in the whole province but it seems to be more common in the states, it cost me 50$ for 50 pds, evo and wolf cub ran me about 80$ for 30pds and thats not a price i can justify. I see a few people on here run that diamonds natural, i've never seen it how is it priced? good quality?

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

ingredients?

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Here are the ingredients for the premium Adult. I called the closet dealer near me and can get the Professional Adult bag for $25/50lb

6. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

theres better foods for around the same price

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Oh boy..just a bunch of junk thrown together. :rolleyes:

8. kirkland chicken and rice is a much better food for around the same price ime

9. msdogman

msdogman Pup

i feed pride not sportsmen pride reg pride 24/20 in the black bag its 18.50 for 50 pounds been feeding it for years to me one of the best

10. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

fed it a few years ago....did OK with it...it is a decent hunting dog type feed...not as good as say, Buddy Boy or Black Gold, but along the same lines....i used those types of feeds when i was feeding 50-60 dogs...every dollar per bag was huge with that number of dogs...
    another recent post covered this subject also...as i quit running dogs year 'round i used the extra feed money 'higher' quality..more expensive feed...i did not see the miracles in looks/performance/weight maintenance suggested by the companies or the testimonials from other users....now that i'm down to 12-15 dogs i feed pretty much straight raw...i do use commercial feed every now and then to do a veggie mix/liver blend....i di see soem im provements from high grade feed to RAW moreso than cheap feed to high end feed...s