1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

anybody have a good way to set up their dog room

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by wisconsingame, Nov 30, 2009.

1. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

so today the AC came to my house. They said they been getting complains that my dogs are barking and killing small animals that come into my yard. The part about the animals is true but i didnt tell him that. Damn Squirrels shouldnt be trying to bury nuts in my yard. But anyways they told me they dont want to see my dogs in the yard all winter. They do have heated dog houses. So i have been toying with the idea of bring them inside this winter. I dont want to cage them tho. So i was thinking of turning basement into a kennel. if i do decide to do it i will make them my self with 9 ga fencing and plywood. So what do u guys think and dou think it will last all winter?

2. Re: anybody have a good way tro set up there dog room

From the kennels that I've seen in basements, the best ones used what you plan on using. Just make sure you use the best material you can afford, and put down some carpet with fresh pads.

3. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

Re: anybody have a good way tro set up there dog room

and i am a Contractor so doin isnt the problem. Im just worried about them tearing up the plywood and getting out. This is the first time ive ever had to bring all 5 of my dogs inside.

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i think that you can rightfully tell AC to FUCK OFF! its your yard, your property and if theyre arent any laws against keeping your dog outside than do as you please! its not your problem that small animals come into YOUR YARD! on YOUR PROPERTY!

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

but hey dont listen to me im been known for giving shitty advice from time to time! lol just my 2 cents!

6. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

thanks arizona

7. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

It must me in the air or something, lol. They came to my house today too!

8. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Tell them to F*ck off, your home, your property, as long as your in accordance with all local laws then screw them, what business do they have telling you what to do? Do they knock on the door of every cat owner when there cat kills a mouse? I dont think sooooo

And I wouldnt use timber if you decide to bring them in, I have had a dog eat through a solid pine door before (dont ask me how he got his jaw under the door to start) bordom and timber spell problems imo

9. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

Why did they come to our yard wardog? i ve told them to f off but they keep comin last time they came they said i had to to many dogs and gave me a ticket. this time its barking the ac hear doesnt see to many apbt so when they do they r all over u. ive been stop on my bike before bc of my dogs before i live in a little town

10. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

i was thinkin of making the door the weak point out of two 1 in thick plywood but putting the chain link fence between them.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

if you have the legal limit, f-ck em, if not id get rid of a few or move to the country.
    if you have a ban then hmmm..........i dunno move?
    but if there are no LAWS that you are breaking tell em to f-ck off and if you hear from them again your going to press a lawsuit against the department for harassment!

i mean if you want to do the dog room thats your choice but i hate to see people being put out in a major way just becaus there are folks that are prejeduce against theyre breed of choice!

12. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

the problem telling them to f off is that they got me in ther cross hairs they asked my friend the only person i get along with around my house if i train my dogs to fight and Offered Him 5 grand to rat on me. He just LOL AT them when they ask. if u look at all my dogs but one they dont even have a Scratch on them and my oldest dog got into a fight with a racoon That is how he got scared up.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

its not what they know, ITS WHAT THEY CAN PROVE!!-training day

lol id fight the shit,basically i would never lay down or roll over to the benefit of the HS but hey to each is own, i mean i guess if i *was* doing some kind of extra corricular activity then i would do whatever i had to do to avoid them, BUT again if im breaking NO LAWS, then what do they have on you besides another pitbull owner to harass.

again im not trying to deterr you in your decision, whatever you want to do by all means do it! but if your looking for a way around this breed specific bullshit, id fight it with all my power!

best of luck whatever you decide!

14. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

i do live pretty much in the country i live on the edge of town. a town of 700 people. milwaukee the biggest city is over in hour away. The Sheriff Stop me a week ago and told me to take my getto ass dogs back to milwaukee. ever one around here has hunting dogs of some sort. and i cant move and i dont want to i move out here to get out of the city. I drive to work every morning to milw.

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

brew city huh? well good luck! and next time the cop stops you to tell you to take your ghetto dogs back to mill town, tell em to take his porky ass back to mayberry!!

16. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

They came cause one of my neighbors said I had a dog in the backyard that was limping and wounded. The said he was in a pen in my backyard. It was total bullshit! They knocked on my door and I was actually in the backyard cleaning up after them. My wife called my phone and said they were pounding on my door. She just pulled in from work. I went out the front door to greet them and that is what they said. The conversation didn't start out good cause I asked if they had a warrant, lol. They didn't like that. I said look, I am just trying to protect myself. They asked why would I need protection? I say I don't but I just like to excersise my rights. Basically we made a verbal agreement that if they find anything wrong they will give me a decent amount of time to fix it. I said ok. The only thing I was worried about was the amount of dogs I have and they don't have licenses. They said My set up looked good. I told them I had so many cause I was keeping them for a friend who was trying to sell them. They asked quite a few more questions. Some I was having trouble giving a good answer. My dumbass forgot to close my garage door and they saw a treadmill. I said it was my buddys too. I told them i had nothing to hide and they could come over anytime I was here. They seemed to like that, lol. They didn't bust my balls for the amount of dogs I had or for the licenses. It pisses me off a bit cause they remembered me from 12 years ago when they confiscated my dogs! Shitty day cause i was trying to fly under the radar till my stupid neighbor brought attention to me. So now I am back on the watch again, grrrr...... So no wounded dog and my neighbor pissed me off!!!!

17. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

i am just tryin to stay lowkey so i figured if i do this the might leave me alone till i get my 2000 sq ft. Garage built then no one will be able to see me or my dogs summer or winter!

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i feel privileged to live in CA, where we arent totally affected by BSL. the only downfall around here is the ANTI-TETHER law, we can only tether for up to 3 hours!
    but hey its worth living out here cuz as long as we follow the laws they cant touch my dogs!

19. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

yea when the sheriff said that i said why dont u go back to eating Donuts u fat pig that didnt go over so well it going to cost me 110.00 dollars but that is my fault i shoundnt of let my mouth get the best of me.

20. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I don't think it is healthy for dogs be in a basement. They need sunlight for health.