1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know Of Anyone Attempting To Recreate The Pitbull??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by olympianbulldogs, Sep 4, 2004.

1. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS EVER TRIED TO RECREATE THE BREED IE. CROSSING AMERICAN BULLDOG TO MANCHESTER TERRIER MAYBE OR SOMETHING ELSE SINCE THE WHITE ENGLISH TERRIER iS EXTINcT?? IM NOT REALLY TO KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT THIs,JSUT CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT THE ReSULTs wOUld BE. THE OLDTIMERS dID IT & LOOK WHAT THEY CAME UP WITH.

2. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

The American Pit Bull Terrier is the "Real Thing". You cannot recreate it. Many have tried but how much can 1 breeder do in 30 or 40 years?Compared to hundreds of generations.

The old timers already had the foundation dogs that came from Ireland and England. They just kept breeding for the performance we still look for today. In other words forget the rest. Our Pit Bull is second to none.

3. GOOD POINT BLACKBEARD.... I seen a website where a guy tried to recreate the ancient ALAUNT by crossing greyhound with something anyway it looked like a pit but then again everythng does. So I was just curious on anyone trying to recreate the pitbull with good results and if anybody knew any websites where people were doing this. Pure Curiosity. Thanks for feedback.

4. i like that...