1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone like it on their back?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NYSTATEOFMIND, Oct 25, 2015.

1. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

I have a young scatter bred Colby/ Patrick male who will always "play" fight on his
    back every time. The female he wrestles with is a smaller girl, so not sure
    if he's just taking that into account. He's injured her eye twice cause when she goes for his neck he's upside down and kicks with his rear legs. I've heard of stifle dogs, head dogs, leg dogs,.. what's your opinion of a bottom dog? They say dogs take after their owner..as 4 me I only get "Reverse Cowgirl" on my birthday and Christmas!! Lol

2. war machine

war machine Big Dog

God bless b days and Xmas lmao. Are we talking a pup pup? I had one who would let other pups whoop on him and he'd lay there and take it. Then he's snag one by the neck then drag it around as he matured he'd quit taking shit is why I ask

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I wouldn't put any thought into play fighting.I got a male who gets along well with a female I got and he will lay on his back and even run just to get her to play harder.But he ain't like that any other time..But she is a laid back dog so he invents ways to spike her interest to make her play harder and rouhger..Smart dog.

4. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I read Ch Alligator fought from bottom. I think it would get one killed or mauled with that style! I wouldn't take him out if that was his TRUE STYLE, not play. Sharks in the water!!!

5. rayface

rayface Pup

My male does the same thing when he's playing with my female but he's only 11 months old, but here lately they been gettin in real fight and I got to separate them but when they really start fighting he ain't on his back no more, here lately I haven't been able to let the get some time off the chain cause they go straight to fightin, I knew it was only a matter of time til they couldn't be loose together,

6. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

He's only 8 months, but I've had pups before who would "play" fight, but by grabbing the neck/ear but never just flip right onto his back. He's just a pet so I'm not worried about it.
    C-note, that was exactly what I was looking for. Are there any Historical accounts of "back" dogs that fared well? and did they pass this trait on?
    Ray-this is exactly why I have them playing together, cause I know it won't belong before I can't get them to exercise together.I did have a Male/female that never quarreled
    once, so I was hoping to take the "Edge" off if they spent alot of time growing up together.I passed up on a Male who had what I wanted recently cause It's just too
    much trouble to try and house 2 males inside a home here. It snowed 22 times last winter, Freezing cold! You just can't stick them out to a barrel where I'm from.
    Hay don't mean shit at 5 degrees.