1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone want to co-own a dog

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by sam, Jul 20, 2005.

1. sam

sam Pup

I need a co-owner for a pup. The mom is from Floyds yard and the dad is from Terry's yard. Let me know and I will go pick up the dog, must be responsible and know the breed well enough to stay out of trouble.

2. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Got Peds? How Old? Where Are You Located? The Pup Is Where?

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

and what exactly do you mean "co-own."

4. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

That's what I wanna know...

5. Chaos

Chaos Pup

why would someone want to co-own the dog, doesn't that mean to owners who don't know eachother?

6. sam

sam Pup

Basically, I dont have room for another dog, we want to keep rights to him so we have access to breed if we want. The only thing is we will be on the papers so you cant just up and sell him becuase he is well bred. Will get the ped soon as I can.

7. 440rider

440rider Guest

what u gonna do with the pups when they hit the ground if you dont have room

8. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Co-own a pup is like saying co-own a cur cause thats what it is untill proven otherwise. So where does this help me if your on the paperwork and I see fit to breed him or whatever. I know how this stuff plays out and people don't get along well in this kinda deal. Here is the low-down! You dont have to do the hard work to raise it so that means I would have more rights than you to the dog and in a perfect world say he does work out then you come around wanting more than what you put into the dog! If I see he is not fit to live later then he has just cost me a good year to two years of food. I'm putting him down with or without ya!

9. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Co-own a pup is like saying co-own a cur cause thats what it is untill proven otherwise. So where does this help me if your on the paperwork and I see fit to breed him or whatever. I know how this stuff plays out and people don't get along well in this kinda deal. Here is the low-down! You dont have to do the hard work to raise it so that means I would have more rights than you to the dog and in a perfect world say he does work out then you come around wanting more than what you put into the dog! If I see he is not fit to live later then he has just cost me a good year to two years of food. I'm putting him down with or without ya!

10. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Maybe I'm coming from the conformation end of this but isn't co-owning when you take care of the dog and everything for someone else, and when it get's a title then it's yours? But then again I could be completley wrong, I just know some people who have done it that way.

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Sounds more like he will give you the dog, just wants to keep the “breeding rights” on it. Which will never work out in doing that will unknown individuals. If said “keeper” of the dog does nothing put feed the dog and never works or proves it’s worth, what good is having “breeding rights”?

12. sam

sam Pup

Basically, that is why I came here instead of other boards, I thought someone would want a pup from good breeding ( I know he may not turn out and then would have to be put down) But anyway, I just cant right now have any more APBTs Just want to make sure that if I get back to where we can I will not lose this blood.

Sorry to have upset anyone.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

We'd all like to co-own it...it can be the game-dog gamedog...we all shall put in equal portions to meet your half for purchase, I will mail you 17 cents on Monday. Everybody thats a member in?

14. What most have said about co-own is right but, what i am abut to say may make all of you look again . You may want to check with the Kennel Club he is with but, if the dog has a co-own the co-owner get half of the amouunt made off each sire be it a stud fee or if the owner breeds it to his own. If the dog is sold the co-owner get half its sale price. THE OWNER HAS TO PAY HALF THE DOGS EXSPENSES. THAT IS WHAT CO-OWNERSHIP OF A DOG IS.

15. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

the kennel club he is with should have nothing to do with profits made from breeding, fortunately they are not the government and you do not report back to them about monies made from the dog, getting half of monies from breeding would be totally a private agreement

16. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

So You Want Someone To Keep The Dog Until You Can Have Him , Then Get Him Back And The Handler In The Mean Time Not Even Get Breeding Rights Until You Can Take Him? No Thanks Pal.

17. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

you need to wait until you can provide for ur own animals.......
    lol.......cake n eat it to??????

18. 440rider

440rider Guest

what u do whith your animals when they dont work out for whatever reason does not have to be a public matter!

19. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Thank You People Need To Realize What They Are Saying Instead Of Getting Caught Up In The Moment

20. sam

sam Pup

You arent understanding, The contract will be between the two of us. I will not profit of of any breeding the co-owner does. I will not take the dog back at anytime unless they need somewhere for it to be for awhile. Anyway, Sorry to get you all riled up. I have some very interested people and thanks for all your help.