1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

APBT Books.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NavasInc, Apr 15, 2008.

1. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Anyone here recommend any good APBT books?

How about training? :confused:

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

How 'bout
    Pitbulls for dummies.J>K

3. Virgil dogs

Virgil dogs Big Dog

You cant go wrong with Richard Stratten.

4. masta of game

masta of game Banned

The Complete Gamedog

A Guide to Breeding and Raising the American Pit Bull Terrier

The Complete Gamedog would be a valuable addition to any serious American Pit Bull Terrier owner's library.

This 396 page full-size hardbound book has been described by some as the definitive "how to" book on the APBT. The book is in two parts; Book One contains stories and interviews of interest to gamedog fanciers, and Book Two (about two thirds of the entire book) is devoted to the breeding and raising of the game-bred American Pit Bull Terrier and is comprised of the following chapters:

The House Pit
    Feeding & Nutrition
    Housing, Chain Setups & Yard Maintenance
    First Aid & Health Care
    Gastrointestinal Problems
    Internal Parasites
    External Parasites
    Infectious Diseases
    Breeding the Gamedog
    Puppies: Birth to Weaning
    Keeping Your Bulldog Fit

Also included are over 300 photos and illustrations, many interesting pedigrees, an extensive listings of books and suppliers as well as a comprehensive index.

This book is a "MUST HAVE" whether you own one APBT or a yard full.

Due to the increased cost of book printing, the new price of "The Complete Gamedog" is listed below and is effective 1-19-06.

Price: (includes shipping) $59 U.S. orders or $65 U.S. funds all other countries

Money orders only, made payable to Ed Faron.
    Mail orders to:

Wildside Kennels
    P.O. Box 990
    Millers Creek, NC
    28651-0990

5. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Cool thanx for the reply I will be looking into that!

6. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Yeah alot of people have talk about that author. thanx for the reply!:cool:

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You will probably like the Stratton books. A lot of history there. I myself have a copy of the Complete Game dog & it is an awesome book.

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

The Stratton books are good. Complete Gamedog was interesting. Colby has written some good books, too. I'll probably get funny looks for this one, but liked The Working Pit Bull. Shows Pit Bulls doing things you don't see in a lot of other books, like agility and therapy. (Author throws in a lot of personal biases, but still a worthwhile read.) If you want a complete collection, get a variety of books.

9. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Yeah definately looking at different books thanks for the reply.
    ?Anyone know of any breed specific books on APBT training? Any types of training.

10. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Complete Game dog seems to be the most popular book I used to own it long ago. Thanx for your reply!:cool: