1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

APBT info for the ignorant!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by misterdogman, Aug 19, 2006.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

One day years ago Myself a girlfriend and some friends were at a lake swimming and having fun ...well bambam was there chasing bees and swimming..He even made friends with a Spanish Water dog Bitch that he swam circles around...and that was her Forte...
    Anyhow everyone I didnt know was just enthralled by Bambams kindness around strangers and unknown children...except one woman...who was guarding her little girl around 6 or so who just wanted to pet Bambam...Well everytime he came within 20 feet of her area she grabbed her kid and yanked her close and kept giving the evil eye...my girlfriend was like come on lets go shes just having a fit over there...but I was like Eff that look at everyone else enjoying him...Majority rules and he was behaving himself...so I went about my beer drinking and fun in the sun and suddenly out of nowhere there was that little girl playing with Bambam and just giggling up a storm when he nuzzled her...Then immediately her mom came over like a laser and was like...Sir what kind of dog is that??? I kindly replied i'll give you 3 guesses. She said is it a Pitbull? I said yes he is isnt he great...And she said , well I really dont feel comfortable around that dog and I wish you would just go away...other people around actually came to Bams defense...one younger girl said that dogs nice...but I decided to be a smartass like usual but in my inuendo sort of way and I tiod her ok fine you win...but before I left I I turned to my girlfriend who already had in her hand these little cards I made...
    I call them APBT info for the ignorant...print them out and use them ...give them to anyone you feel needs one...Ive seen similar cards online but I made this one myself around 2000...right after I got Bambam and I been passing them out for years.

APBT info for the ignorant

The APBT is by far one of the most loyal dogs in the world.
    It is the only breed ever to receive Presidential commendation in time of war.
    It is one of the most used dogs in advertising. An APBT was a star of the "Little Rascals". "Petey". It used to be the all "American dog" that everyone trusted and wanted. It has one of the lowest bite rates of any breed...lower than even Labs/Shepards. It has been owned by many famous people from Helen Keller to Teddy Roosevelt. It is pound for pound the strongest dog in the world and one of the smartest. They have a rugged appearance but tender heart and would never show hate to a human unless protecting its loved ones. Its in their nature to be a people dog since they were bred to be of stable mind and body around people. They show amazing love even in the hands of people who abuse them, again and again...They still keep loving. They would never show predjudice. They would never be evil, They would never judge you, like you did them. Next time you see an APBT think of the one that you let media hype allow you hate today.

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Oh jeez which one now Webster...lmao

3. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

I bet she had a stupid look on her face after you gave her that card. that is one great idea did she say anything else after you gave her the card?

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Oh no she would have felt stupid ...and I think she was reading anyway...I just gave it and left...like I was too good to wait for a response from her anyway...lol. I dont even think I looked back...

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Is that the only one? Wow I actually spell real good considering the new internet language... I expected like 6 or 7....Now go check my punctuation and see how many you can fix there. Thats definitely one thing I gave up on since I got on a computer...but if I wrote you a letter on old fashioned paper(made from trees) with one of them things we use to use... called pens(Ink of various colors) or even the older more extinct pencil(#2)(Lead, Graphite) it would be much better. Jeez, thanks for making me feel dumb and worthless. I should have went to school instead of running away.

6. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Had the same problem but when my dog was like 4-5 years alrdy, at first before all the "TV pitbull atacks person" bombing we had on spain, i could walk freely (but controlling my dog) on the beachs and ppl would come to him and say "wow what a beatiful dog i've never seen one before" even moms would let his kids play with him, infact my little bro was a kid by then and he would throw sand to him and he would eat it! then dog throw sand to my lil bro heh.

Well,pitbulls,amstaffs,bull terriers,rotweiler,presa canarios,filas,dogos argentinos etc became so famous here in spain and ppl would buy one just to be k00l.

Many of them were house guardians on summer house, dogs that never had company from their owners and they grown "wild",if one of those "wild" dog would get out of home, he atacked everything. So in matter of months TV bombed us about "dog atacks person", day by day, for months... then slowly ppl started calling them "assasins".

I remember walking him on street, and ppl would look bad at me, they would say "hey look thats an assasin dog",finally i couldnt even bring him to beach again coz ppl would RUN from him and i didnt feel confortable anymore.

Worst part is when everyone started "giving away" or abandoning their dogs coz all this bad hype, i remember a friend who had a 8 months bulldog and his mother wanted to give him away coz the puppy would grow and be "assasin", i had to go explain his mom that NO DOG is aggresive and it depends on owner,a good family dog would never be human aggresive if right educated, and bulldog wasnt even on the list of "dangerous dogs".

Well, this show how ppl can be ignorant,even good ppl and how TV and bad hype can ruin and give bad reputation to nice dogs like ours.

Sad but true.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

That must mean you like me since your picking on me...hahaha my mom was right...come on hit me we all know what that means too...lmao

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yeah what can I say...There was number dispenser back in the old days...Now its just a normal sized line...I guess im losing it...lol.

1 person likes this.
  9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I wouldn't be too worried about that Mister [​IMG] LOL!
    Yes, a brilliant mind... [​IMG]

10. Attila

Attila Guest

I love it. Perfect.

11. Great...will exactly this information for my fight here in germany! Will translate it and use it. Good idea^^

12. Made the same mistake ,I watched my game flowl while my friends went to school.My grandpa always said: Boy try to be good at school and later it will be easy for you....well it is very hard for me today...lol...now I know he was 100% right.