1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by PREACHER, May 22, 2009.

1. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

Does vinegar help in a keep? What are the benifits? I have a Dog I would like to show And I was informed that he needs to be tucked some more.I remember a guy telling me how Apple cider vinegar can pull the fat down on a dog. And if so how much should be administered? If not what type of suppliment could be used to tighten up a dog for a conformation show?

[​IMG]

2. There's no magic pill to tighten up a dog. Work, a balanced diet, and time is what you need.

ACV does help suck some water off the dog and tighten them up A LITTLE. Show people typically give it for 5 days prior to the show. A teaspoon on their food is how much you need. ;)

3. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Some time ago it was also recomended for human trimming. It never really worked. Also it suppose to help women with cellulite if they rub it on their legs. I don't believe it works either.

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

who ever informed you about that needs their head examined- the dog is 10 months old correct? no need to try and cut or tuck or dry em out whatsoever- got another 8+ months before you should be thinking anything like that.
    show him as he is, its the puppy class after all

5. I agree that if the dog is 8 months old (an important fact the OP left out) working it for shows is not a good idea. Take the dog in the condition it is in and leave the work for the adult classes.

6. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

Is that the 10 month old pup in the pic on your post?
    He is good looking...but I think you need a bigger chain for him.:rolleyes:

7. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

I see we got jokes:D:D, I just saw this post I use what I have to so that I avoid all accidents.

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That thick a$$ chain won't be any good if that weak a$$ lap link you use comes unscrewed, you should use the ones you have to pound down with a hammer if your truley worried about an accident. A chain set up is only as good as it's weakest link and thats a real weak way to link it all together....Even with lok-tite or anything like that, those things eventually will unscrew......JMO:rolleyes:

9. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

A teaspoon over dry kibble right before you feed so the food is not soaked in vinegar, or put a little water in the food with the vinegar. But, there is no magic with ACV everything works better in conjunction with exercise. And if you feed twice a day then put the ACV in there twice, just monitor the dog for weight loss and stop acorrdingly.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Good post AGK. Most of often it is not the chain that gives, but rather a swivel or snap. There is NO need for a chain that thick for a grown dog but esp. on a pup unless you want to ruin the vertibrae in his neck. Plus, it just looks thuggish & gives fodder to any AR freak that sees it. :(

But back to the OQ, I have not heard of ACV being used in keeps, but I have heard folks using pickle juice (crazy, I know, but I've heard of it.) It supposedly does the same thing as ACV is supposed to do, slim down & tuck up. I guess the concept is the same since pickle juice is made mostly of vinegar anyway.

I have heard ACV has many benefits. Do search on it & you can find the thread.

Good luck!

11. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

ACV is/was used to cut internal fat, during pre-keep.

Total bullshit if you ask me.

You want to get one to tuck good, and round up ass end do the following

1. run it on carpet mill or turn table.

2. Run it up and down steep hill.

3. Jump it in and out of the bed of a truck.

This is REAL rear end work.

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I guess this is OT sort of. Question for you Stillwater - this is just something I made up for one of my dogs. I have one that has crazy high ball drive. I put a weight pull harness on him & use a donut tire for a weight (I've found gives just enough resistance, but isn't too heavy). Then I play fetch with him on grass. He takes off at a stand-still & runs like a wild demon while dragging the tire. Will this give him a muscular hind end you mentioned & help give him a tuck? I was just wondering this when you said one good way was to have them jump in/out of the truck. Of course, we warm up before hand to thwart or at least reduce the chance for any muscular strain. He seems to love it.

Any opinion or input is appreciated.

Thanks!

13. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

[​IMG]
    Health Extension Lamb & Rice

Our new Holistic Health Extension Lamb and Brown Rice formula is specially prepared with all-natural ingredients for the complete health of your dog. With New Zealand free range deboned Lamb as our #1 ingredient, you can be assured that this food provides a wholesome and pure diet–all with a great taste dogs love. Additionally, this hypoallergenic formula can help eliminate pet food allergies while ingredients like nutritious brown rice and sunflower oil provide efficient sources of energy that support exercise and endurance. Such nutrient-rich, whole foods help to fulfill the unique health needs of your dog–something you can feel good about. As with all of our Health Extension foods, we guarantee excellent nutrient digestibility through our patented digestive tract system, which includes blue green algae, prebiotics and |probiotics along with wholesome grains and natural fiber to help maintain a healthy intestinal tract. All of this in a great tasting, hearty formula made right here in the USA!

• No By-Products
    • No Rendered Animal Fats
    • No Corn
    • No Glutens
    • No Soy
    • No Artificial Preservatives
    • No Wheat
    • No BHT
    • No Ethoxyquin
    • No Added Sugar
    • No Artificial Flavors, Colors or Dyes
    Available In: 4lb, 15lb

Ingredients

Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Salmon Meal, Oatmeal, Sunflower Oil Stabilized With Mixed Tocopherols(a natural source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Quinoa, Alfalfa Sprouts, Fresh Whole Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Whole Carrots, Peas, Whole Flaxseed, Atlantic Kelp, Sea Salt, Whole Blueberries, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Yeast, Salmon Oil Stabilized With Mixed Tocopherols (a natural source of Vitamin E), Spinach, Chicory Root Extract, Fresh Garlic, Sage, Basil, Green Tea Extract VITAMINS AND MINERALS: Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Astragalus, CoQ10, DHA, Gingko Biloba, Ginger, Primrose Oil, Glucosamine, Condroitin, DL Methione, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Coral Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Niacin Supplement, Choline chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ester C, Biotin, Inositol, Omega 3 / Omega 6 Oils, Polysaccharide Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Calcium lodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Colostrum, Blue/Green Algae, Pectin, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger

14. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

I could see that happening with someone who doesent check thier equipment periodically, fourtunaly I check my stuff everyday for any changes as well as my dogs.They are not just left on the chain and that is it, I do know that possibilties of these coming unscrewed. I walk my dogs some what frenquently so I use it for the easy access. I thank you for your input but in the future please refrain from the profanity when addressing me cuase i would never do it to you. Take heed to the Handle (PREACHER) not just a name my calling. Once again I do appriciate your input Thank You and God Bless.:):) As for ABK, we know we have our differences, These are the type of chains I have access to so I use them, Not all of my of my chains or this thick but I do like them and have never had any trouble with any of my dogs using this chain.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  15. The person who told you to use the pound together link is exactly on spot with their advice. Ignoring it and making excuses is not a good idea. No matter how much you check it, the screw together link is a liability that has failed many many people and their dogs. That is why the person was giving you good advice to remove it from your set up.

What's with the "take heed to the handle" crap? Your calling has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of safety on a chain.

16. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

instead of a "screw together" link, the technical term of the "pound thru"
    link is called a "cold shut". i use them here, then TIG weld it shut. it wont be coming apart in my lifetime

and PREACHER was reffering to the use of profanity in the post directed at him, not about the safety callout

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I weld mine also!

18. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

RR Address the reason I said what I said. Plus if you use read my post I never dismissed his effort of helping me, I said I appriciate it that was not said in sarcasm I meant that. I will take his advice in consideration, I just feel a person dosent have to use profanity to get thier point across. I will never disrespect anyone on here by using it to get a point across no need. But I thank you also for your input.:)

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

:cool:There was no sarcasm in what I posted! Thats how I talk, it's how I type, and well it's basiclly me and for those of you it bothers, to bad, you'll get over it, are we grown folk here or what, I wasn't cussin at preacher, I cussed in my post SO WHAT SUE ME! It wasn't ment to disrespect anyone, Just be happy I used symbols instead of just typing the actual words. I never claimed to be a perfect christian and I don't suspect your one either............The fact of the matter is I gave you sound advise and you can choose to ignore the fact that the chains you use are wayyyyy to thick for your puppy (at 8 months old he is still just a pup) or even an adult dog for that matter, bigger chain does not equal higher strength, it just makes your dog look ghettofied and the links you use to connect everthing is not safe no matter how many times a day you check it (one of these days you'll go to check on a dog that won't be there). Everyone whats to say their a responsible owner yet pictures like that show otherwise.......:rolleyes:
    Oh yeah and one more thing, you might want to invest in some swivels too so that thick Ol' (lol umkayy) chain you use don't wind up tangled up leaving your dog either no where to go or being choked out by his chain...... All in all it's a poor set-up and lacks the things necessary to not only contain responsibly the dog but also could become hazardous to said dog........

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  20. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

Look I said I Appreciate your advice.I accepted your advice for it was sound.I do have swivels on all my chains, (Ghettofied) Your words not mine that being said your thoughts not mine. Plus this thread is about APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.So in Your last response you totally ignored that I said basically said your advice was sound, as for my chains like I said before it is what I have access to So it is what I use, I and mean I have never had any problems with the chains and who said anything about strength you assumed that is why I had him on that chain. Plus it really isnt gone to matter much longer I am getting pens built to hold all my dogs. Finally, I want even deal with your comment on Chirstianity But here is some encouragment for you MATT 5:48.

This why I am here to correct mistakes I may have made in this arena. So, I will make the nessary corrections in my set-ups. (Follow peace with all men...... HEB 12:14)

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009