1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Australian Breeders

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BigDaz13, Jan 20, 2010.

1. BigDaz13

BigDaz13 Pup

Hi, i'm new to this forum and am from Australia. I'm looking to buy APBT but don't want to buy from a dodgy breeder. Has any one got any info on good breeders, or anyone on here from Aus breeding, and what lines.

Thanks Heaps

2. SA pits

SA pits Pup

Are they legal in some parts of Oz , I'm looking at re-locating and was wondering if pits where legal in Western Oz namely Perth !:confused:

3. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

They've been outlawed in oz for a couple of years now,same scenario as the u.k. dogs already there have to be desexed,micro chipped,registered and insured etc . Its also illegal to import the dogs too.Laws are pretty much the same in N.Z.

4. Rebs

Rebs Banned

All states are different, In the territories thy are legal and theres no bssl or at most very minor BSL such as the number you are allowed to keep in residential areas, Katherin townsip in the NT for example has a lmit of 2 in the city limits.

AS for dodgey breeders well thats a minefield and is subjective, if you mean byb trash of no known lines, they are easy to spot, and easy to avoid.

Get to know some people, or look on hunting sites.

5. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

good bloody luck. to the op, in this day and age you will have a very hard time finding a good breeder in any state, the way the laws are over here there wouldnt be a single person worth their salt that hasnt battened down the hatches and closed their circle by some degree.

that being said there are plenty of good dogs here its just a matter of being lucky enough to meet someone who has em and is willing to show you.

to SA , Rebs has hit the nail on the head regarding laws and states. they are all over the place and it could be a matter of wheather or not a certain council will or will not take new registrations.

you can have em but its hard.

6. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

welcome to game-dog,
    dont rush in head first, their is lots of byb rubbish out their, but if you look hard and long you will weed out the bad and find some good dogs. get to know the dogs behind the pup you go for, dont be a tight ass either, be prepared to build an enclosure or setup that will contain your dog, cos its irresponsible owners who dont contain properly who f##k it for the rest of us. other than that dont get peddled with paper, if you see a dog you like thats unpapered and the parents are good dogs go for it, just remember its the dogs that make the paper not the other way around so if the dogs are good and you know it f##k the papers, get it desexed and microchipped and you will be well on your way.

7. BigDaz13

BigDaz13 Pup

Thanks Heaps guys, i will keep looking and take my time.
    Cheers

8. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

take your time buddy lol.....
    there are so many byb's out there lol... its going to drive you insane:p
    good luck on your search. there is one peddler id say to stay away from but i aint going to mention his name, youll find out soon enough when you start look'n lol...
    actually, if i was you in this day and age, id look for another breed:D.

9. masta of game

masta of game Banned

LMAO true

:D

a breed like this maybe " picture below ". i made the switch man, wanna join me.. lol still love pitbulls, but man, its tough these days

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  10. masta of game

masta of game Banned

thats my new pup, 7 months old, old nuttal/ken Gould. a patterdale terrier .

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

thats a nice look'n little pup;)

12. AGame

AGame CH Dog

welcome to the best apbt forum on the web and good luck with your search

13. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

Very typical looking for an old Nuttall x Gould dog.
    Do you tell me the pedigree?
    ...If you like via pm...

14. gredan

gredan Pup

MOG, what happened to the two cross breed patts you got?

15. sydking

sydking Pup

i was lucky enough to find a good litter of apbt pups, did about 6 months research prior to even thinking of getting one tho, but there all over Australia, BSL or not fuck em, just talk to the right people.

Good luck mate and keep the breed in a positive light.

16. hey welcome to the forum im new to this one..well i did have a old account on her but i wanted to make a new one..lol..

Where abouts in Aus r u located?..Im in WA..:D..i havnt had one bad comment from the public about my gurl lol..i guess cos shes one hell of a stunning gurl lol..hence the name STUNNAH lol..

Well i wish you luck ay..also u can find pitbull pups for sale on boardogs.com

17. mullos

mullos Pup

yeah with papers there so over priced its ridiculous, still spuin at what i paid. Any particular line your after? could have one here. just kidding good luck not easy to find, i came to the conclusion most people breeding these have to lie so it does seem to come natural.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010