1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Average head size

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by da boy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. da boy

da boy Pup

I was wondering is it unnatural or abnormal for a full blooded abpt terrier to have a large head 22 24 inches any thing like that or what's your apbts head size?

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

feck dude.....have you not even looked at the pics on here of members dogs....they come in all different shapes n sizes.....some look short legged when young then grow into rangy looking ones....even in the shittiest of pbt books it makes the point that the pbt is not a uniform dog....all colours,all shapes,all sizes.....and i dont mean them feckin hippo bully type muttleys.......

3. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

last i checked i dont measure my dogs fuckin head.

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

.....psssstttt.......that question demonstrates you are TOTALLY clueless. Go to some "Bully", "American Bully" board to get anywhere with it.

Dreamer

5. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

6. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

Everyone know its the size of the tail that matters. The longer it is the more striking power he has.

7. peppapig

peppapig Banned

if he actually has the dog hes on about......id LOVE to see a pic.....lol...

8. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

22-24inch? sounds like them showcase razor edge hippos, bred for head size and colour.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

omg! his head is LITERALLY bigger than his body. I have no idea how that dog can balance his weight lol

10. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i wouldnt have a dog without a head 30 inches or more :lol:

11. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

lmao tellem serpant

12. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

People should have to answer at least 10 simple APBT questions before being allowed to join the forum:mad:

13. bullandterr

bullandterr Big Dog

lmao! agreed :D

14. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Sorry but you got exactly what you asked for with such an ignorant question..but no its not common for a APBT to have a head that size..there not bred to have a Rottweiler head on a Dachunds body...

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I have no idea what my dog's average head size is,I've never measured a dog's head before.I can't get none of mine to wear hats anyway so I never figured I needed to know their head size.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

The only people that measure their dogs heads are people who plaster the number on their website to increase profits lol who gives a shit. i dont know wtf a normal dogs head measures cuz ive never measured one. where do they do that kinda shit at lol

17. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

help me out here if i looked at my dog an felt da need to go an whip out the measuring tape n wrap it around da planet sittin on top of my dogs neck that woulda been my tell tale sign that dat shit was abnormal unless that was a goal of his breeders n in dat case u got what u paid for im wit sea serpant on this one ill bet u his dog is da spittin image of the one serpant posted

[​IMG]

18. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I posted something similar under site suggestions a while back, but nobody liked the idea...

Anyway, I don't think the OP suggested he is wanting that, just how common it is or how indicative it is of a pure dog or not. As others have mentioned, I have seen dogs with tiny terrier heads and some with bowling balls for heads - good and bad of each - although I don't really know what the actual measurements are. I have measured a lot of necks for collars however(just looka t all the opportunities I've missed to get those precious head measurements :D), and they are usually 14-18", so I would just say I think it would be quite rare for an APBT to have a 24" head,

19. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

....and that's exactly what the OP wants to hear! HE has a RARE breed of Pit Bull!

Dreamer

20. Robber

Robber Big Dog

They aren't as rare as a Grey blue nose Razorback(that's a new one I heard the other day)...

Maybe this is a new line - the "Twenty-Fo'" line...:D

Imagine if we could get some Razorback Twenty-Fo's going...