1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

awesome non papered dogs..

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by okeefes pit boss, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so what about the folks that are bringin an outcross to theyre yard, would you bring a grade A performer with no pedigree? (under the assumption that you dont know how the dog is bred)
    as long as its a good dog right?

2. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

A dogs pedigree is only as good as the dog and breeder behind it!!!!!! Registration papers don't got nothing to do with that fact!

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

you think just because a reg. says the dog is bred such a way that it makes it so??? LOL sorry man but thats funny. pece of mind, why would you deal with a person you your self didn't trust to give you a honest dog, or a pup from honest parents??? its all about who you gt your dog from not what the paper says the dog is... but to each their own... but i'll take that pup off that un reg. CH over any pretty papered unknown ANYDAY.....

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

what other folks do is THIER biz. not mine, i do what i do, if YOU don't like it then get a dog somewheres else, if i like wht 'so and so' is doing then ima get a dog off them...

5. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

you guys arent getting it... i'm agreeing with what most of you are saying, its just id rather have a talented performer with reg papers over a talented performer without papers. At the end of the day, for every honest bulldog with no papers, there is a honest dog with papers. So i wont settle for a dog without papers when i know i can find one just as good with papers....

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

thats fine mate, thats your pref. but don't call it "settleing" but tell me... WHY must it have papers? so the pups can be sold or stud fees? or what mate?

7. preme

preme CH Dog

w use are dog we dont pedle so we dont reg never will dogs earn they sheets not the other way around ....

8. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

my thoughts exactly....UN papered dogs that prove to be one hell of a dog is something to bring down just because of papers?

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

If i'm gonna spend my time and money on something. Enough time to create a bloodline, i'm gonna want it as professionally documented as possible. It puts more of an importants to your work and allows less room for error as apposed to people writing and trying to remember 5 generations of dogs by heart. Its all about peace of mind. And Everyone who knows me, knows i will never ever be a peddler or anything in that ball park. Hell, when as anyone ever seen me post a breeding that i was doing.... never. I believe these dogs are not meant for the public, JMO

10. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Ive seen some good looking pits out of non papered dogs. My boy silas didnt come with papers. But I have to agree with Pure, that if you're trying to achieve something like create a Bloodline you want recognition for I would get papered dogs. But if your breeding the dogs for your own personal use and to keep in your family like I plan on doing, theres really no point, especially if you know the ped.

11. power

power Pup

Many years ago I knew a man who had a couple of pit bulls. Nothing special, just bulldogs. He decided to breed the dogs and had a litter of 6. About that time he became interested in weight pulling. He had a young male that could pull a little but was not registered. To be able to enter A.D.B.A. weight pulls he made up a pedigree using the pedigrees of several other dogs. A.D.B.A. accepted the dog and gave it a pedigree.
    After weight pulling a while he decided to begin showing. He won a few times in A.D.B.A. then decided to single register the dog in U.K.C.
    He showed a few times but nothing outstanding.
    He had faith in his dog and kept showing and finally won best of show at the U.K.C. nationals.

He never bred any of the fake pedigree dogs and finally had to cull them. One bad thing, out of the original litter of 6, 2 had to be culled early as they looked more like collies than pit bulls.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ok ill take the good dog, but i wouldnt add him to MY breeding program.
    id breed him, see what happens.

13. preme

preme CH Dog

Id breed a good non paper dog in a heart beat are you crazy ... So wat if you find out the paper dog you got is a fake some one hung some sheets wat then you still not gonna ad your dog , bullshit ... Know where you get your shit from is the most improtant thing ...its the man or female behind the dog ..
    Keep em honest and the rest will fellow..

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

well yea, but i thought we were under the assumption that we had no idea where the dog was from?
    if i got the dog and the dogmen who produced him knew exactly how he was bred then sure id take a chance, as long as i know the info to put down in the handwritten ped.

15. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Most everyone I deal with when it comes to the dogs, DO NOT REGISTER their stock! They know the breedings and dogs behind everything they own! And keep their peds straight! I stopped registering with the Adba when they decided to allow muts to be registered, damaging their integrity as far as I'm concerned! Theres sites like online peds for anyone who don't wanna hand write anything, or even free sites like Bullybreeds thats got a free pedigree data bank for people with issues about paying someone to do what can be done with a pen and paper, Bullybreeds pedigree database gots thumbnail pics going as far as 9 generations.
    Copy and print is all thats is needed for papers that look better than any ADBA peds I've ever seen! Besides all that, registering with a paid registry like ADBA is giving the opposition a known name and address for the haters to track you down and destroy your dogs!

16. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

the only reason someone would want papers is to sell the dogs. i could care less about registration and peds as long as i know how the dog is bred and does its job. if i ever bred a litter id keep them or farm them to people i trusted and if they had an issue with them not being registered then its obvious they dont deserve the dog.

17. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Copyand print! What more would a person really need?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
  18. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

19. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Everyone is entitled to there own preference. My preference is with paper work, from reputable breeders. I have never asked anyone on this site for a dog off any breedings eve posted, nor do I advertise a litter for sale or otherwise. So to say that a person only wants papers to sell dogs is just way off base. I have problem finding real bulldogs with accurate paperwork. So for me, keeping a dog on my yard or anywhere with my kennel name attached to it, is settling. It may not be the same for some of you, but I have no issues from any registry and any breeder that wants to give me a dog, shouldn't mind registering that dog with the adba or aadr exactly the way the say the dog is bred. I show my dogs, weight pull and many other fun activities with my dogs, so having papers simply allows me options with each dog.JMO

20. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

yea there was a post about a fight between a paperd and unpaperd dog and the unpaperd dog destroyed the paperd one they were same weights and all but that thread got deleted for obvious reasons