1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Backyard Bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Roadman Jr., Jul 24, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Sad thing is there is a guy on a bunch of the MSN boards who has a few NICELY bred chinaman bitches, and he is breeding them to blue garbage bred dogs and calling it "Blue Chinaman" bloodline.

2. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

And this is exactly my point, its not TG's fault, what this schmoe is turning out. Blue Chinaman? This is specifically why I feel, each breeding becomes a bloodline, no, your bloodline. It may not become famous enough, to stand in its own right, so it gets considered as a continuation of its primary bloodline. Now if this blue chinaman, GR.CH's. in every arena, TG would glady take credit for his part. But in this case, the failure would be all the schmoes. TG has the legitimate excuse, that this breeder isn't quality. The counter would be why did he put the dog in this idiots hands..ETC. Recounter : I didn't know he was an idiot. Re counter - counter, You should've checked. etc. etc. That why I feel, each breeding, carries your name, dynasty and reputation for years to come. If you buy two good dogs from a good breeder and produce good pups, you are generally not celebrated as much, until you show consistancy with your breedings. Think "ONE HIT WONDER".

3. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

omg, i was looking through the paper and came across an ad for an APBT. when i asked about bloodlines the dude said it was canary island blood. no seriously, i almost hung up. if it weren't for my sense of humor, that would have been the end of the conversation. needless to say, the fella didn't much like what i had to say. i mean, if you want to pass off a presa canario as an APBT, don't tell people it's "canary island blood". i'm really getting tired of s. florida's ignorant wannabe breeders. time to move back to virginia i think.

4. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

almost like gospel edogz.

5. binker

binker Big Dog

My favorite is "Are your pits American or English?"

6. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Funny you said that. My first dog was an "ENGLISH PIT", white, large, 88lbs, not muscular, but not fat. Excellent "conformation" , standards, and had working inerds. This dog was a hook up, for my cousin. The sire was Samson, owned by "The Almighty K.G.", of the Cold Crush 4 / Brothers. For you non old school hip hop heads, TAGK was a pioneering M.C. (think "RAPPER"), and although living in Jackson Projects, had bought a $1,300 dog. (& a Benz etc...) My pup born in 1981. We paid $150 for a pup. My whole family from the entire eastern seaboard was calling to tell my cousin was an idiot, and to cuss him and TAGK out. $150 was considered an absurd amount to spent on pup. (Newports & Marlboro were $.55, a slice of Pizza and a can of soda was $.65 down the block from the boys club.
    I often wondered if that was real. Was that dog what is was, and TAKG, just knew quality when he saw it? He was not a "DOGMAN" per se but he knew he had the baddest dog around: he produce great imo

7. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Look in one of my first posts on this thread, I spoke of English Pits also. The ones that I have seen where nearly identical, except thier snouts were stubbier than usual, and their lips were somewhat looser, like an American Bulldog. Come to think of it, the "English Pits" that I have seen really resembled Scott type bulldogs. Does this sound right?

If you think about it, I live in Oklahoma. EDOGZ, you probably live elsewhere in the US, others have heard of "English Pits" in other regions, is this an underground BYB trend? Are people labeling ABs incorrectly, or what? Most of these so called "English Pits" have been solid or mostly white from my collecting of info, correct? Weird.

8. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Yes just like that although this wasnt the gamebred apbt we know today. So to that end it wasn"t mislabled. In reality we didn"t know the difference either way, but, TAKG was told it was an english PIT. APBTs {unpapered} were twenty five dollars. This was twenty five years ago< at that

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  9. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

I heard another one.

Red Tiger.

Yeah.........................

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I was talking to a toothless man who described his old brood bitch as a "Colby Cur".

11. its not a bulldog its a pit bull!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i like this story the best. lol

12. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

I was in Pets Mart over the weekend to pick upi a bag of dog food for my aunt and a guy walking a pit mix asks me if my dog is a regular pit or a "blue pit" I tried very nicely to explain about blue dogs but as usual no one wants to her it....So i then proceed to go to pick up some flea stuff for her and the girl behind the counter tells me she has 2 pits and is going to breed them and when i ask her how they were bred she says well their "blue" and she just gonna breed em because the puppies will be pretty...Seriouly guys lets not let the game bred become a thing of the past....those squatty big does are really not my thing and I don't want the APBT to become that.

13. sapitbulls

sapitbulls Guest

Last time i called about a ad. I called and was talking to this girl about there ad and i ask what was the dogs bloodline she told me american pit bull terrier. I kinda laughed inside and then she said well my husband told me the dad a razors edge. Well i went and looked at the dogs. Both nice and decent litter it was just funny. The guy even grabed his dog collar and was like yup all registered and everything. I was like ya for rabies. Then i told him why dont you have papers. He said the dad he got from flordia and was moving at the time so he lost the papers and then admitted the mom never had papers. Then i mention that razors edge dogs where going to get there papers pulled anyway (was the rumor at the time) he was like naw its legal to own pit bulls around here. Once i heard that was like well ill give you a call NOTTTTTTTTTT.

14. strom22

strom22 Pup

hey old school , im from augusta , and i never heard of that line, but everything down this way of I-20 is jeep line , i got jeep line. of really whos jeeps mom? uhhhhhh???? maybe honeybunch

15. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

King, there's an ad in the Baton Rouge paper stating that they have "regular pits" and "blue pits" for sale.

My current local favorite is the one for the German Red Nose Pits.

16. monsta409

monsta409 Pup

i heard tiger stripe blood the other day

17. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I heard "white tiger striped" about 5 minutes ago in an old thread on here. :rolleyes:

18. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

Mia,
    I just got off the phone with a friend a few mins ago and he had a litter and had a couple females he wanted to get rid of and a guy called and asked him if he had any tiger striped or gators he said and that point he had to just hang up the phone.

19. promoe

promoe Top Dog

pure bread puppies makes me laugh.......

20. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I had a guy tell me the other day that he has a rednose bully pit.