1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

badger trial dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by blanch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

You would not have shit only for the dogs we CREATED! Our dogs were fighting before America was even discovered, you get over it. Fact is that you think you have everything the rest of the world does not. You take things and claim them as your own.

Japenese Akita (original) - American Akita, Pit Bull Terrier (original) - American Pit Bull Terrier

Pit Bulls were here long before they were there and will be here long after they are gone there. That is why I call them pit bulls and not "American Pit bulls" The only dogs you created were Bandogs and Bullies.

Check your history. One of of the best dogmen you ever had used to import dogs from Ireland, FACT. Colby!

Next time when you are out hunting badgers send your dog down the hole and see what happens

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
  2. blanch

blanch Big Dog

yes but like has been said different badgers and in the badgers habitat is different to letting a big dog catch an under size american badger in the open,would you not agree?

3. popper

popper CH Dog

llol we just agree to disagree.. i dunno what you got , but i got an AMerican Pitbull Terrier.... you may just have aplain ol staffy

4. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Oh we do not need wild critters either trust me. Oh how little you really know. Can you name one Ch or Grand Champion outside your own country? Not without looking it up you can't.

You have got some balls to claim you created the Pit Bull Terrier, please don't make me laugh. You created nothing. These things were given to you and you stamped your own name on it.

And what did your do only f**k up the whole breed with all this Bully, American Staff crap. You created them though.

5. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

I got Staffs and Pits my friend and they are anything but plain.

6. popper

popper CH Dog

you a funny guy

7. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yeah bud, i can name plenty of Chs and Gr Chs from overseas. i might even know a couple fellas on YOUR side of the pond, but im not a name dropper. yall crossed the bulls and terriers, but we refined them creating the APBT, fact. otherwise the eastern Europeans, Asians, and our friends down south of here would have imported YOUR dogs when looking for gamedogs.:rolleyes: kinda makes sense doesnt it? im only stating facts man. nothing more, nothing less

9. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i agree with that but it depends on your definition of gameness. i define it as the willingness to persevere through extremely stresfull situations. so if a dog is gettin his ass handed to him by a badger and is being ripped apart but never makes a sound and continues after his quarry then how is that not game

10. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Tell me what needed to be refined about these dogs. As far as I know America only made them bigger, what else did you do,please tell me. These dogs were already game when they went to the US.

The reason why people import from the US is because alot of name dropping goes on there and the breeders are well known. We keep our business to our business. You will not find an Irish game dog or even a Pit Bull breeder site, you won't.

If we advertised all our dogs like you do, I am sure we would be able to export alot of dogs too, but again we don't advertise.

So fact is there would not be an "APBT" only for Ireland, England so please do not claim you have created anything, because fact is you did not besides making them bigger. These dogs were already game unless you claimed to have added that to them too.

11. Boze

Boze Top Dog

colby imported the gamest lines he could from ireland and england, but he was more impressed with the irish strain. this is a fact, and yes i am from america but i am not ignorant enough to think we have the best of anything. truth is if it was not for the irish fighting dogs there would be no apbt.

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

gameness is proven by willingness to scratch into certain death. i guess im yet to see a badger thats gonna cause a dog to stand the line, thats why. gameness is defined in the [ ], not hunting. otherwise wed be calling MANY breeds game.

13. blanch

blanch Big Dog

not trying to stir any more shit but would you not agree that the dogs of old were better dogs,i mean when it was legal to test them? how have they changed?and werent many of the best of them old dogs imported from england and ireland?

14. blanch

blanch Big Dog

but woody d have you seen a european badger?and if you give the advantages to the badger do you still not see it as a test?

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

sorry blanch, but the dogs of more recent times were better than the ones of old due decades of selective breeding and the understanding of diet and contitioning. there are AMERICANS being paid big money right now to help with the men in Europe and Asia catch up in those aspects. thats where you go for knowledge, our former dogmen

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

why would an animal that doesnt want to be there a fair match? how about a lion for Christs sake? they dont wanna be there, but they can fight, so fuck it right? WRONG. willing dogs will go for hours cuz they WANT to thats gameness. a fuckin bear will kick the shit outta an APBT, but does that make it a gamer animal?

17. pit101

pit101 Big Dog

Hi Boze, thank you! I am glad someone recognized what I am trying to say. There is more than one way to prove Gameness and Badger baiting is one or should I say was one:) If a dog is getting it's face tore up on the way into a sett and still mouths that badger and drags it out and kills it, I think that is a show of gameness. Just because it does not last three hours does not mean it is'nt game.

I have nothing against American pit bull owners personally, only the ones that think that the breed originated there when it did not.

One of the most famous strains of Pit Bull OFRN were Irish dogs. They originated from where I live in Cork and also Kerry. That is what my ancestors named them except it was not OFRN, but plain Old Family. I own one and I did not import her from the US.

I don't know how it got to this, but we were just discussing Badge baiting before it turned into an International slagging match lol

18. popper

popper CH Dog

many dogmen of the past have said the samething

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont get me wrong, i respect the breeds history and where they came from, but what we have now isnt what was imported. i just feel strongly that wild animals are NEVER gonna be what it takes to deem an APBT game, and it sounds plain foolish saying so.

20. blanch

blanch Big Dog

thanks for the reply woody d,i guess we'll never really know which were better,but you do make some good points.
    just because an animal doesnt want to be there doesnt mean its not a even match (not sporting imo but equal)