1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

bandogge

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by keelo11, Nov 24, 2011.

1. E-Dog

E-Dog Pup

davidfitness83 posted :
    What kind of work have they done ?

I guess you directly that towards me ? If not here it goes.

I original competed in weightpull with a couple of my foundation dogs, currently involved with basic obedience( learned from a wise old dog lady that fully titled her dogs in AKC Obedience, I make sure my dogs have a AKC C.G.C (Canine Good Citizen), I recommend getting that for APBT owners because it will allow you to get home owners insurance here in Cali. Some home owners insurance companys will drop you if you have a dog they deem dangerous.
    The dogs I'm interested in have to have extremely great temperaments, nerves of steel, a sound dog is a must to be in my yard, extremely athletic, clean breather and all must have a protection instinct.
    I don't compete in Shutzhund, French Ring etc. Don't have the time to title a dog, my grandchildren keep me busy and they are turning into lil dogmen and dog women because they see my love for the dogs and help me care for them and work them.
    When I mean work, flirtpole, swim them, run them, bike them, etc. Just enjoy life with the dogs camping, boating or just laying around.

My dogs excelled in basic obedience ( which should be the foundation before putting in protection work) they excell in home protection and just being a stable member of our family and the friends and family who have owned some of my off spring.
    My dogs have proven themselfs to me in many ways protecting us from outside influences, throw some meat or something tasty in my yard ( even when I'm not home), dogs won't touch it, when I tell them off something, even in full flight putting the bite on something, they're off and waiting . Step into my home or yard with bad intentions and you'll see what kind of work they are capable of=)
    I'm all about Manstoppers that are extremely stable that can live at peace in an urban setting but turn on when needed.
    That's all the title I need.

2. E-Dog

E-Dog Pup

3. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

8 months old AB (performance blood) x APBT (Chinaman & Maverick). Looks like I will be sending him down to central Florida to test him out on wild boar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 year old AB x APBT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kitchener

kitchener Pup

What's he weighing at, now?

5. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Guess round 75lbs

6. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

he looks good pug ugly what feed do have him on?

7. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Thx, He is with my wifes cousin rt now so I'm not sure. I did suggest to him what I feed, TOTW wetlands, Diamond extreme athlete, and mix in meaty bones when available.
    I have a female here at my place that is not mine but down from my dogs. I got a bag of feed that she was eating... pedigree, purina, or something like that. Mixed it in with the regular food, all the dogs crap has nearly doubled in size and more than doubled in stink. Gonna try to convince the current owner to get her on some better food. Its almost gone and looking forward to getting it out of my feed bin. Should have thrown it away.

8. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

yeah i used dog chow for yrs til i got hip to diamond it wont hurt em but yeah they do shit big ass piles on it. and shit alot too.

9. Raindog

Raindog Pup

There is no standard breeding to the old Bandog of yore, per se.

They were simply massive, brutal beasts that could do hard catch and bait work.

Their name comes from their lifestyle, of being a "Bond Dog" or dog that needs to be kept on heavy chain until work. A market butcher's dog usually.

10. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Both these boys just turned a year and are AB x APBT bandogs.
    Rooster
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Cesar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Hey guys

Any suggestions on good breeders of smaller agile bandogs? I really like the dog mickyG posted. Arround 75 pounds range

12. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Brody 3 years about 70 lbs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    clearing the yard
    [​IMG]

13. jairod83

jairod83 Pup

anybody know of any bandog kennels ?

14. Inkman

Inkman Pup

There are a few mentioned in this page that are serious breeders...american sentinell kennel is breeding a nice line of dogs...and they are testing there dogs and selective breeding...you might find what you need.

They know what they are doing and where they are going...contact them they will be happy to answer questions.

15. Genghis

Genghis Pup

I love all dogs...and bandogs (game bred pit x ....) are always better performers than the original Moloss the pit was crossed with... But in my personal (with no disrespect to anybody)...you are just producing inferior performers in all aspects when compared to game bred pits.
    Kind regards

16. Genghis

Genghis Pup

*although I confess that pit x boerboel is 95% of times an AMAZING dog!!!

17. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Family manson kennel has some compacter bandogs but think they dont sell their dogs to everybody just like that but i could be wrong...i was looking into bandogs myself but i cant find what im looking for...the ones that have a nice program breed them a lil big for my taste...and with bandogs you have to be a lil lucky to get what you want there are so many diffrent dogs in one litter.

18. jairod83

jairod83 Pup

are they not as athletic over 100lbs?

19. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Maybe some are athletic for there weight, but compared to a lighter dog not as agile.
    Did i say something stupid?