1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bathed

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by purplepig, Feb 24, 2007.

1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Here's one for you. And before you answer this, know that how you answer will tell allot about what kind of an owner you are. Here goes:

How often do you bath your dog(s), and what is the ritual you go through.What do you use, and where do you use it at?

2. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Hmmmm. I give mine a bath once a month. If bathe them at work. I bathe them with Fresh and Clean oatmeal shampoo. If i bathe them at work I express thier anal glands. I AM NOT about to do that at home. LOL

Or I bathe them at home. And I use Hydra-pearls.

At home I bathe them in the spare bathroom (no1 uses). Tell them to get in the tub. They hop in and look pathetic. Sit there till I am done. I clip there toe nails clean their ears with Epi-Otic. Then I scrub the tub with cleaner.

Hmmm I am curious to see what kind of owner I am!

Stay Blessed!

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

About every 3 months. It depends on what they need a bath for and I do it in the tub unless it is warm outside...

Durring the summer I will give them a good soaking about twice a week but I will rub cool water on their chest and body daily.

4. I bathe them I would say once a month and at the same time I Also clean out their ears and clip their nails. I do have a 1 dog that I bathe more often but it stays in the house. I Use a flea shampoo and oatmeal depending on wheather or not their coat is dry or flaky.

5. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Same here...housedog gets bathed at least every 6 weeks!
    Baby Shampoo and if needed Betadine Surgical scrub.
    Ears cleaned and nails clipped also!

YIS

6. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

That's what i use too. I wash them, clean ears and clip nails once a month. After drying they get their once in a month Frontline dossage against the flees and ticks. I clean the sleapingplaces with Detol and give them fresh bedding.
    And after that they get dirty again! :)

7. Michele

Michele Guest

Every 6 or 7 weeks. I also clip the nails, clean the ears myself. I use an oatmeal shampoo on my pooch. His fur is like silk.

8. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

I agree..at least once a month, but OK...I don't buy special Shampoo I just use mine on Big Girl (Tres Semme) and I use my daughters on Paco (Just for Kids) clean the ears clip the nails....Although Big Girl bites her nails and keeps them pretty short herself...Does anyone elses dog do this? Its a first for me..and I have to use this tear remover stuff on Paco because his eyes water. Bedding gets washed every week because she sheds and at our house bedding is Blankets on the couch. We don't have to buy anything for fleas because it is a non-issue since their HW meds have flea repellant in it.

9. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

every 4 wks it's a dog day; heart gaurd, clip nails, ears, and bath.

baths are outside, wheather permitting, but in the utility room we have an old concrete drain basin with a spigot, hook the hose up, and wha-la!

the jrt has a broken coat, so every 6 to 8 wks he gets trimmed with shearers.

they get biospotted the same day, and i got a flea & tick spray i got from the guy at the feedmill that gets sprayed around the ege of the yard

10. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

Well, Since both of mine are indoor dogs they get a bath every two weeks, in the tub with Hartz shampoo. I clean ears with rubbing alcohol and condition with baby oil.... During the summer months they get bathed outside..Nail trimming is only necessary during the winter months because the rest of the year I run them almost daily on the paved roads and sidewalks..This summer will be intense workout time because Zues is about 10-15lbs overweight....

11. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Legend gets a bath every two weeks. (Sometimes once a week depending on how dirty/stinky he is.) He gets in the shower washed with Espree Energee Plus Shampoo, gets some Leave In conditioner, and then brushed out and spritized w/ his doggie Polo Cologne. I put him up on his grooming table clean his ears w/ Espree Ear Cleaner w/ Peppermint. Brush his teeth w/ beef flavored toothpaste. Clip his nails and then nail grind them to file. And then some Espree Paw Balm goes on his feet.....And then 1 every 2 to 3 months he goes to the groomer for a Spa Day! lol

12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I wish I was your dog!!LOL

13. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

...You want to take a bath once every two weeks? ;p

14. Michele

Michele Guest

me too!!!!!!

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Shoot yea! We go once every 1 1/2 months here in the winter time, but Once a month in the summer. And I aint never been to a day spa, but it sounds like allot of back scratchin goin on. If that's the case, I'm all in!!LOL Also, if she does all of that, can you immagine the other pamperin? belly rubs, etc.?

16. Usually once a month in the dogs bathroom (yes we have a bathroom for only dogs) they get their ears cleaned every month regardless, when it is nice out (summer) they get bathed more often and outside, and before every show. Don't have too much of a problem with nails.....we use different shampoos for different dogs, depends on what one needs. We use 8 in 1 black sheen, all natural fresh w/baking soda, natural oatmeal, betadine scrub, tear-free crazy dog, bio gaurd, and camomile conditioner, inside dog get sprayed with top paws powder fresh.
    Yes I know we use a lot of different shampoos, but every dog is different!

I too am scared to see what kind of owner I am!

17. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

LOL, I forgot to mention that I brush their teeth about once a month...
    LOL, Legend gets Pampered...:D

18. Phebes

Phebes Guest

Phoebe is 12 years old almost and she has never had a bath or a shower. She has a very silky coat, has never had any skin problem, only had fleas once in her life and that was about 8 years ago. And she never smells.
    Sil and Duds have been hosed off alot and they have had a couple showers. I have a handicapped shower that measures 6' x 6'. The shower has one of the spray hoses that you adjust the pressure. I just put on shorts walk them in and give them a shower. I use doggy shampoo on them, but they only get a shower when I feel they need it. Phoebe never dug holes and played in the mud the way Sil and Duds do.
    Example below
    [​IMG]

19. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

LMFAO, Do them mud boggers have four wheel drive??? LOL

20. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Our dogs get bathed when they need it, which is about once or twice a year depending....

They get their nails clipped and their ears cleaned before the bath. We use Epi-Otic ear cleaner, squirt, massage, shake your head dog LOL and then use gauze squares and Q-tips to clean the ears. They do get their nails and ears done between baths as well.

They get bathed in the tub, we put an old bathmat in the tub to help them get a grip and save the porcelin. The shampoo is oatmeal based. Soap up, rinse, close the curtain....shake it off dog LOL, towel dry and depending on the weather, in a crate or outside to dry.