1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Battle Crosses

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by waitingformytime, Nov 23, 2008.

1. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

Justifying cross breeding on a pit bull forum? Hm... not intentionally perhaps, but that is what the result is.

for me a battle cross is when you outcross a bloodline with another bloodline to reach certain results, and both dogs are _APBT´s. How can anyone think that anything would be better with producing mutts?

2. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Lol, anyone that would breed an APBT with anything other then a APBT in the hopes of getting good game dogs also beleives in the tooth fairy!

3. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Wardogkennels....have a look back through this post two have been mentioned here already,its FACT that it can work,the proof is in this thread alone:confused:

Did you not read through the post because if you did surely you wouldnt of posted that;)

I have actual hands on experience with good crosses im not making it up LOL

Maybe its hard to take in for some people as we are talking about the AMERICAN pitbull terrier being crossed:eek :p

4. masta of game

masta of game Banned

lol cutt man u still throwing jokes lol :D:D

5. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I don't agree with cross breeding. with that said it's been proven to work. but as stated it don't last. those battle crosses don't seem to produce themselves. The offspring don't have that "vigor". .... . I guess its all aobut what your personal goals are. if you lookin for a competitve [] dog and that is all. then do what you do i supose. if you want what works and that you can depend on. then breed these dogs the way they meant to be bred. the way thats got the APBT were it is today. THERES A REASON WE HAVE THE APBT AND NOT SOME HYBRED BREED OF DOGS. CUZ THE APBT WORKS BEST FOR THE JOB [PERIOD]... to each his own.

Vic

6. Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog Big Dog

Don't mean to be a **** here but someone speaks of education and can't even spell or fails to realise they've spelt their country of origin incorrectly :D

For the guys that have worked this cross, are they used for breeding aswell as sport, and if so do the desired traits carry over to the offspring? I'd have thought the second generation would lose that certain something?

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

If your talking about the America being spelled wrong someone brought that up already nothing new and it will stay that way.
    Cause I love being myself and uneducated as you may think I am you really know nothing about me except the fact that I use incorrect spelling on a website WHO GIVES A FUCK!

half of the old timers that names are in your dogs peds probly couldnt read
    or write well
    but you didnt see them going around mixing breeds

and as far as the dogs that were posted as being beat by these mixes they probly wouldnt have lasted as long as they did with true bulldogs most of the dogs mentioned were patrick dogs which I will not feed, shit just cause a guy can sell alot of dogs dosnt mean he has the best dogs or good dogs

this shit cracks me up

trust when I tell you that I am no dummy but hell I am country and just dont give a fuck about being Mr. English 24/7

8. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Yes atomic dog,from what i have seen work anyway,the first cross was to add mouth and when a bitch out of that litter was put back to a apbt (think it was that way round) produced a very good bitch......

Pepsi

9. alabama

alabama Big Dog

If she carried on to produce good dogs i dont know but im sure either dutchboy or sunbeam will know??

10. homer39

homer39 Banned

i agree fully with what frankdublin is saying,you may get a few dogs from this cross but very few so why bother unless all you have is a bull bitch

11. peppapig

peppapig Banned

its proven that mixes of other "bull AND terrier" breeds can create something worthy of punt.....but.....as also history shows alabama the amount is not a rule....more an exception...when it comes to mixing its more hit and miss than pure to pure.....

12. alabama

alabama Big Dog

I dont think its been done enough to warrent that comment actually peppa.....

13. peppapig

peppapig Banned

may be a reason for that though bama mate....im sure if someone was still doing the game(which is illegal and should never be done:p) and was approached by a fellow sportsman wanting a show with a cross he would snatch his hand off to get it on....odds are heavily stacked against......imo...

14. alabama

alabama Big Dog

I once knew a cocky little 16 year old that would not only want to match you peppa.........he would of given you 5/1 odds just because you say he has no chance:p;)

15. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

Allways thought a 'Battle-cross' was 2 proven dogs of the SAME breed but from differnt lines...a dog like CH Stormer is a Cross breed (2differnt breeds)...to be fair it is almost impossible to judge his worth as a producer as he only produced 1 litter

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

:D:D:D;) too true brother...too true...:D

17. peppapig

peppapig Banned

funny how terms can used for different things....:D

18. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

seems so but iam easy confused...:D

19. peppapig

peppapig Banned

could be just any "bull and terrier" breed crossed and used for sole purpose of battle....:cool:

20. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

A good battle corss would be this inbred Eli to Jocko Or better yet let's make it even rought Rdboy to a 100% Eli dog