1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Battle Crosses

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by waitingformytime, Nov 23, 2008.

1. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

I first read that article about 16 years ago and havent found any evidence to the contary, id say it hits nail on head jmo

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

by rights....if the story is right....nellie was found and then campaigned.....so maybe not intentionally bred for sport......just pure luck of a find.....if stories right....:cool:.

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i aint read up in a while.....but i cant remember reading that ch flash was cross??:confused:

4. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

i was refering to the article, but i thought flash and sunny were both pure but i may be wrong:confused:

5. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

can not remember flash's ped off the top of my head but sunny was 1/4 stafford i believe

6. Hairy Kelly

Hairy Kelly Banned

the catch dogs and pit dogs are all the same just bread for different things. from the start the big ones from a litter going on to catch and the smaller ones going to the pit and some being put back to game terriers and if the catch dogs were getting to heavy then they would get a dash of the pit dogs. Johnson put show English bull dog and leavitt bull dogs back in to his dogs for the pet market he did breed some good dogs but now the jonson line is good for fxxk all. today EBT lines would have no use in pit lines today but many years ago it was a different story but pit lines in good EBT lines makes a good battle cross a good dog for a hunter :)

7. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

The only modern battle cross dog with another breed that was a fastlane pit animal is gr ch IBM who beat sck nico...
    I beleive his dam was half stafford

8. molly

molly Banned

Im not sure if them dogs names at the bottom were wrote by the author of that piece. Someone may have added that part.
    Sure Sunny had staff blood in him.
    I'll have to look on Flash,or someone else can say.
    I have a ped given for Nellie,but whether its true is another matter.
    As to the truth on that article. It was wrote by one of the most honest & hardest to please lads out there at that time & his staffords & conditioning were very hard to beat. It would be good if his name was not mentioned as he never sought recognition back then & would'nt like it now..........

9. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

the bottom was added i think cos its not on the origanal article, i didnt realise sunny had stafford in him cheers

10. peppapig

peppapig Banned

CANT FIND MY FECKING BOOK LOL....:rolleyes:

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

whats the book called i ll have a look;)

12. peppapig

peppapig Banned

lmfao.....im sure ye know tha one....lol....:p;)

13. peppapig

peppapig Banned

ahhhhh......flash....;)..rambo x scarlett......i think flash was pure looking at the ped here lads......found book

14. peppapig

peppapig Banned

flash's ped goes t 4th gen .....bolio,heinzls,reids etc.....

15. dutchboy

dutchboy Big Dog

Didnt even notice CH Flash at bottom of that article when i posted, thats how i had that article saved, CH Flash was bred from Rambo/Scarlet, Rambo been from Bo/Duchess and Scarlet from Bo/Gypsy. Will put full ped up if anyone wants it.

16. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

Pretty sure CH Sunny had a little psycho blood in him