1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Beef Liver

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Finkle, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Finkle

Finkle Big Dog

Found a line on some human grade beef liver for 50 cents a pound, was wondering if it would be a good pick up for the hounds. More or less curious if it can be fed on a regular basis like every second day supplemented with there kibble, or would it possibly be a bit rich for them to eat consistently.

2. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i dont know were you are located but that is a good deal. i usually go to walmart and they sell a package of beef livers with 4 strips of them inside that package. the whole package is 1lb of beef livers for about $1.35 more less. your only suppose to feed 2oz of beef livers in a serving about 2-3 times a week. since the package i buy is 1lb and has 4 strips of livers inside of them it makes it easy to give the serving amount by cutting 1 strip into 2 pieces and that will be roughly 2oz. if your feeding it with the kibble and are just giving it for the hell of it just stick to twice a week in the kibble. if your feeding it with the chicken quarters make sure to remove the pieces of liver/kidney or what not that is left on that quarter. it sucks having them have a runny butt on you and cleaning up the mess. youll know when they had to much liver when you see it lol