1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best and worst

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by malakimax, Feb 14, 2010.

1. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

I'm not asking what your personal favorites are, but wondering what you think are the best three game bred lines are of today, and what you think the three worst ones are.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I'd like to get your opinion. This sounds like an extremely hard question to answer. I take it by 3 best/worst game bred lines you are talking about lines that a majority of people are actively taking into the box today?

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

hmmm i agree with naustroms, but hell ill play for shits and giggles!
    top best not really best but random)
    1.) Eli
    2.) Red Boy
    3.) bolio

top 3 worst

1.) razors edge
    2.) gotti line
    3.) goatermouf

4. yoel

yoel Big Dog

top 3 worst

1.) razors edge
    2.) gotti line
    3.) goatermouf[/QUOTE]

Thats not fair, every one knows those are shitty. I feel like your evading! :D

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

with any "game line" your bound to find shiteaters & aces, so it wouldnt be fair to single out individual bloodlines to whos "best or worse".

your yard of eli dogs may all be top notch aces!!

my yard consisting of the same blood may be only good for eating sleeping & shitting.

its not fair to blame to good qualities and bad qualities on the bloodline itself, blame the men behind the dogs!

but those ^^^^ ones (bully lines) on the other hand are all shitty compared to the real deal!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Doesn't count, not game bred lines, let alone apbts. I'll bite though. I'll play top 3 because I don't know nearly enough dogs to tell you the worst.

Top 3
    1)Redboy/Jocko/Tombstone/Bolio
    2)Maverick/Sixbits
    3)Frisco(doubled up or crossed into Eli, Eli/6Bits, Carver, RB/Jeep, RBJTB)

7. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

Ya those worst are not gamebred, but I have to be honest. This is harder than I thought. If you say Jeep, then which strain, or Eli, then which strain, ugh

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

of course theyre not, that was the point i was trying to make. there arent any "BAD" bloodlines persay, there may be bad "men" behind the dogs, but again thats unfair to take out on the bloodline as a whole.
    so i threw bully lines out there because compared to APBT bloodline they dont even compare.

we can go on about "good" bloodlines all day,
    but what would YOU consider a "bad" one?

its almost a non answerable question.

i guess you have to study the percentages, look and see whos producing what and go from there.

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Theres too many variables. First you have to account for the amount of dogs in that line not being looked over at all. Then there are the great dogs who are never contracted at all, just tested and either sold or kept on a few yards. The only way you will hear about these are if you know the persons involved or see it for yourself. So the only thing you really have to go on are the few dogs that are contracted and then the percentage that win, curr out or LG.

Sure its easy to look at the Mayday dogs (basically RBJ/TB) they were snapping up SDJ DOYs left and right and that cross had a lot of winners.

Frisco is top of the rom list for a reason. Many say that a lot of his offspring never even saw a box but the ones that did, did their fair share of winning.

To make an assessment like 3 worst you would have to see a whole hell of a lot of dogs or be in deep enough that you can get trustworthy results from around the country.

Run what you brung and let the dogs decide.

10. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

It's a really easy question to answer. In your opinion what are the three best and three worst of the gamebred strains. Logically if you can say that you think that you have an opinion to the best three, (then by following a chain of reasoning) you can follow that list you created alllllllllll the way down to what you think are the worst fastlane game-bred strains of today are. I understand that you might be afraid. You might hurt someones feelers because you choose a line that someone else here likes. But isn't what this is a forum about? Bring differnt opinions together, or considring different view points that you haven't before? Okay let me re- phase, list the worst three if your not afraid what others might think of you. My three worst are Colby, Lonzo (Zebo) and Mayfield (Alligator)

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

NIL, its against the law TODAY.........:rolleyes:

12. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

1. Black Jack
    2. Machobuck
    3. Frisco

Bottom
    1. Colby
    2. Zebo
    3. Alligator

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

ok ok ill juss appreciate the game for what it is and play along (not saying there arent good dogs out there from these lines, but what the hell right?) and im just basing my decisions on HEARSAY, as i wasnt around to witness these dogs go.

Top 3 Worst

1.) zebo (from what i hear had a shitty production record)
    2.) ofrn (i know its a FAM of bloodlines, but hey they went a little on the designer/show side for the most part but i hear theres still some good stuff out there)
    3.) watchdog (went bully)

14. popper

popper CH Dog

im wit ya on those 3 worst

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

frisco isnt a bloodline, he's a chinaman dog. i personally wouldnt want frisco in my pedigree,
    beside is it true that all he did is have sex?

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

just out of curiosity why do you choose colby?
    the only thing i see wrong with em (the name, not the dog)
    is its a household name for peddlers to sell pups, that and everybody with the cash buys a "colby" pup cuz its the only name theyve heard of then breed them untested to sell ultimately throwing out more currs (this is the case for a TON of bloodlines though not just colby)
    the ones that are tested and bred selectively are still good stuff!
    i believe (again i may be wrong) but i believe that some of BR's dogs are crossed into colby lines. or am i thinkin of rally racer's?

17. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

And Eli is a Blind Billy dog, Red Boy is a Colby dog, Bolio is a zeke dog and Zebo was an Andy dog. Or an Eli dog, depending on who you ask.

Point being, people have established a line off of frisco. And he not only had sex but he produced winners. Many dogs are having sex and not producing shit.

I'm guessing Malakimax listed Colby dogs as one of his worst 3 because (like zebo, ofrn, and some strains of eli) a lot of them are show dogs and not many are being tested.

Not my opinion because I don't know enough Colby dogs to make that judgment but you don't really hear about Colby dogs doing work anymore. But I'd like to see some of the Colby dogs you're talking about. Being bred and tested right. Hit me up in pm if you'd like. Would definitely like to see a few of them. Always liked the look and history of those dogs.

18. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Theres good and bad in all lines just as good dogs get ruined by inexperienced handlers,average dogs can look good in the hands of experienced handlers .As for watchdog ,gotti or razors edge dogs i dont even count them as bulldogs.
    I think its quite simple in my opinion you can have a line thats peddled and are rank, you can have that same line worked by a working kennel and the line does alright ;)

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

MY POINTS EXACTLY OLDTIMER TANK YOU! but nobody wants to listen to a "greenhorn!" lol :rolleyes:

20. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

to the non fancier, the word Colby is the pit bull. You all have seen it in the classifieds, red nose colby pups with papers. Back to the topic, if your able max, study from the reports and make your own judgement from that.