1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

best carpet mill plans/blueprints?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by BringBackup, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

thanks slim, i'll try that.

sewed it again, seems to be holding better this time but it isn't a permanent fix.

2. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Ya living in the wrong neighborhood BB. Neighbors across the street are running a jack hammer at 10 p.m. AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    thats music to my ears!!

3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i sewed a couple, then paid to have one sewed and the threads on the bottom side always wore down. I could not get a zipper to work as well as i would like...i tried seaming tape for carpet...I eventually used the contact cement and it worked best for me...and much easier and cheaper than the other two....US1

4. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

hey i found a site that you can get the steel rollers for around $20 a piece... i think for my 1st experiment imma just buy a belt from GCM & work around that... post or pm those plans...lol... keep us posted as to what the finished product looks like & how it handles...

5. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

The belt was the last thing we put on, mistakeningly, so we couldn't buy a belt from GCM even if we wanted to!

6. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

emily you are going to have to PM and give me some instructions on your build so far ;)

7. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Come out to the Aug 29th show and you can see it yourself, we are selling the first one so we can build another one without playing guessing games lol

8. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

haha your good with luring me in I see ;) but yeah that's the fun with learning to build something even though it can become a pain after a few guesses have gone wrong :p

9. no pictures? cmon man......

10. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

folks i have been useing a zipper over 15 years now on my mills.cant say i've had a problem yet-just get the right zippers. I use the #4 brass ones dan http://pitbullkorner.org/

11. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

I had one of your mills Dan that I got in a deal yours and a slat I paid $100 for both and sold the carpet for $100 it didn't have a belt I could have got more with one but could figure out how to put one on.still came out ahead.

12. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

boy you came out like a fat rat on that deal didn't you-lol.anything i can help you folks out on i will be happy to-dan

13. Rebs

Rebs Banned

read gredans build along too mate, it has some good concepts. he's a memember here.

14. Rebs

Rebs Banned

FFS! .........fucking edit time! Fuck it off!

Ausapbt's build along sorry.

15. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

????? Rebs

16. rareblood

rareblood Pup

PM me the info. Link you can not buy it from.

Thank's

rb

17. the drawings for carpet mill.has anyone else got them.has anyone worket to them thanks

18. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

that steel mill sure looks sweet. if i knew how to weld i might change my design-nice work. naw- the shops all ready set up for wood lol. wheres some more of them pics of the mills ya'll are building. i all ways like seeing others ideas. dan

19. Texican

Texican Big Dog

they sell a tape that heats up with an iron that is designed to "glue" 2 pieces of carpet together...can get at any hardware store

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

BringBackup you sure do know how to keep folks in suspence eh lol. Wheres the pics man!!!!