1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Black Gold Products

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHINADOG, Mar 30, 2007.

1. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

Hello:)
    Did anybody here feed Black gold products and what results did you have
    Also if anyone used it towards a show and with what results
    Thank you
    M

2. NC

NC CH Dog

I know everyone gets different results and each dog responds differently to each feed. I switched from Diamond to Black Gold at my brother in laws prompting.. I mean 50 lbs for 14.00 is great. He swears by it and feeds his hunting hounds (mainly blue ticks and a BMC) But my dogs didn't do as well on it as the Diamond.. they ate ALOT more of it and there was ALOT more crap to shovel up. So I switched back to Diamond naturals lamb and Rice.. until I found Kirkland's Lamb, Rice and Vegetable at Costco. And my dogs do great on it.. it sounds like an off brand but the ingredient label is the same as Diamond naturals and its about $19.00 for 40 lbs.. one of the things that turned me off from BG was the fact that the first ingredient was Beef pulp and not a whole meat.. where as Kirkland's first ingredient is Lamb and there isn't any corn in it either.

But I know alot of people that run with Black Gold and love it.. so I'm not one to bash anyone's feed. Its a sight better than pedigree or ol' roy. So go with what works for you! [​IMG]

3. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

Thank you for your story NC
    Does anyone else here have any experience with this food?good or bad..

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

We switched to Black Gold Perfomance Blend after Diamond feed killed 2 of our dogs. Our dogs do great on it. High energy, shiny fur, less stool & you don't have to feed a ton of it.