1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Re: "bluff?"

okay, go here...look at the white/black dog, reverse blue brindle, and chocolate bluie in the second column...

2. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

3. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

okay, so there are no comments bad or good on these obese, discraceful, walrus-looking, "PIG BULLS"? I kind of want to know if everyone here thinks that I conform to the bad side of RE or if I'm doing it right...

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

The black and white and blue brindle are the only two showing up, and they are not my style of bulldog ;)

5. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Stop, look and listen. It's not what the dogs look like. It's what they are bred for. Look, even you said that your dogs were bred from AmStaff a-k-a the show version (or cousin) of the APBT. So why are you arguing with game dog owners/fanciers? You aren't even comparing the same breed to one another. You are comparing, again, "apples to oranges".

APBT = Bred solely for performance
    AST = Bred strictly for show
    Bluffs = Bred for everything else from, just pets to specific colors

Your dog looks good (the brindle dog). Do I think it is a good representation of this breed? No, you said it yourself these are AmStaffs. You're not saying your dogs are conditioned are you? Even the brindle dog is fat. He may have some muscle but mostly fat. He looks bulky. I hope you're not implying that the chocolate dog is thin? That dog is pretty fat. I prefer muscles that are built for real work and will work hard even if under serious stress. I prefer a conditioned dog to be thin and heavy muscled with tight muscles. I am not putting your dog dog, by the way. Just stating my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  6. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

took me forever to read this ... IMO THIS is a correct blue dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not those 80+ pound monsters or that 41lbs 4 month old. That 4 month old weighs almost as much as the full grown adult pictured above

7. simms

simms CH Dog

Do you show ukc?

I wouldn't know if you conform to RE ....LOL They look like big ol staffs to me.

" pig bulls" that's funny....LOL

8. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

THE REASON FOR MY ARGUEMENT IS BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY WHO ACCEPT RE AS A LINE, BUT BELIEVE THE ENTIRE LINE TO BE A POOR REPRESENTATION OF THE APBT. I DIDN'T MAKE THE RULES...THEY ARE NOT AMSTAFFS...FROM AMSTAFFS..YES, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE...AS POSTS BEFORE HAVE POINTED OUT...

MY DOGS WEIGHT DON'T CURRENTLY WEIGHT PULL, NOT EVEN MY GAME DOGS, HOWEVER THE BRINDLE ONE WAS BOUGHT FROM ONE WHO DID, BUT I DID NOT CONTINUE IT FOR SPORT, ONLY FOR EXERCISE...IF YOU SAW THE BRINDLE IN PERSON, YOU WOULD NOT SAY THAT HE IS BULKY, FAT, ETC. MY DOGS ARE CONDITIONED. SOME OF MY DOGS WERE INITIALLY ADBA AND I HAD THEM INDIVIDUALLY JUDGED IN PERSON BY A SEASONED JUDGE OF UKC...THIS MAN KNOWS HIS STUFF...

ALL THAT I WANT OUT OF THIS IS TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A BREEDER WHO HAS GOOD REPRESENTATION OF THE RE LINE AND THE APBT. NOT OF THOSE WHO ARE MAKING RE LOOK LIKE TRASH...

LAST YEAR AT THE RE SHOW IN NEW ORLEANS THERE WAS A DOG NAMED MAX...AS I REPLAYED MY VIDEO TAPE FROM THE SHOW I HEARD WHAT SOUNDED LIKE YOU MIGHT IMAGINE AN EXHAUSTED RHINOCEROS TO SOUND LIKE....NEXT APPEARED AN RE DOG THAT YOU SIMPLY COULD NOT HAVE PUT ANOTHER POUND ON...THAT IS THE DISCRACE AND CORRUPTION OF RE...IT'S NOT THE RE LINE ITSELF DOING THE DAMAGE...IT'S IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDERS

9. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

THOUGH THAT BLUE DOG IS NOT MY PARTICULAR STYLE, IT IS NICE AND IT IS ALSO CORRECT...BUT CORRECT DOGS PRODUCE MONSTERS TOO...THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT POSSIBILITY...

THAT 41LBS. AT 4 MONTHS IS GAME BRED...BIG, BUT GAME BRED...SHE LOOKS QUITE FAT ON THAT PICTURE...I HAVE SINCE SOLD HER, BUT I DID PAY HER A VISIT A FEW WEEKS AGO AND SHE IS QUITE TONED NOW...THAT WAS JUST BABY FAT I GUESS...

10. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

What in the world are they then? If they are FROM AmStaffs?! They are bluffs. Make a movement and change their names for the betterment of the breed you claim to know and love. Your dogs are not even CLOSE to conditioned. I would say the same if this was a son of Chinaman in that shape. Your dogs aren't even 50% of what they could be. Conditioning means to bring the dogs weight down as much as possible without loosing wanted qualities, strength for example. You may be breeding RE dogs that look good and are better representatives to that "line", but you are breeding poor excuses for APBT's and making my breed look like trash. There is no excuse or reasoning behind breeding these dogs! You are breeding cur to cur. This is a working bred with a working standard. Not a pretty show dog with a "cookie cut" look.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
    Jenn likes this.
  11. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

WHO DIED AND MAKE YOU PRESIDENT OF THE APBT'S LOL...YOUR BREED? I BREED GAME DOGS TOO...I HAPPEN TO ALSO LIKE RE...AMEN...THEY ARE BRED DOWN FROM AMSTAFFS THAT'S WHAT...WHAT ARE THEY LABELED? PIT BULLS...WHERE IS THE PERSON WHEN I NEED THEM THAT EVERYBODY BACKED UP THAT ARGUED ME DOWN THAT JUST BECAUSE IT CAME FROM SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE THAT. IF I BROUGHT MY DOGS DOWN ANYMORE THEY WOULD BE BONES...THEY EAT RAW MEAT...NOT FATTENING DOG FOOD...I FAST THEM A DAY OUT OF THE WEEK...I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK THEY HAVE GOOD APPETITES...

DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST SHOW DOGS...? THE SHOWS ARE LIKE PAGEANTS...THE TALENT COMPETION IS NOT THE DROP OF WATER THAT FILLS THE BUCKET...IT IS ONLY ONE...YOUR DOG CAN HAVE ALL THE DRIVE AND WORK CAPABILITY IN THE WORLD, BUT IF IT DOESN'T LOOK THE PART IT WON'T PASS JUDGEMENT...UKC ETC. MADE THOSE RULES NOT ME...AS I HAVE SAID, I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY LARGE...NOT JUST MEDIUM BUILD APBT'S WIN SHOWS...

12. simms

simms CH Dog

You breed gamedogs? I thought you said you had a couple and sold them due to they "attacked your RE dogs"?

If you honestly have or had gamedogs you wouldn't be trying to argue your point so heavily. I'm not calling you a liar....I just don't think you know what it is your talking about when it comes to the gamedog (APBT)

I show ADBA, however I do not deviate from the standard of the APBT. I think this is where you are confused you show UKC and you go by UKC standards.... Not the same standard, nor is it the same breed. The name is all there is in common.

13. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

You breed "game dogs"? Well, how is their gameness proven? If you do not prove your dogs, please don't use the term "game dogs" if you know not how to use the term properly. I want to see pedigrees of these "game dogs". I don't care what you like, but it does not conform to MY breeds' standard, nor is it BRED to the standard. So it is NOT the same dog. I don't care who argued with what, we're speaking facts. I'm glad you feed them raw. Your dogs still could lose a lot more weight. Calling your dogs "conditioned" would be a disgrace to any true conditioner of old! I have something against APBT's bred for show, because they are no longer APBT, but AM Staff. It does not matter how a dog looks (unless of course it is genetically proven that a certain fault(s) will lead to unhealthy issues in offspring), but if it performs the part it WILL and SHOULD always "pass judgement". If by "judgement" you mean a UKC Judge look over the conformation, this further proves my point that you are breeding SHOW DOGS (AKA, AMSTAFFS!). Again, this is a working breed bred to working standards. Am Staff's are bred for SHOW, so if it's show conformation you want to breed for, please correct your dogs name!

14. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

I DID SELL MY GAME DOGS, YET I STILL HAVE RIGHTS TO THEM...SOME ARE EVEN WITH FAMILY MEMBERS...2 ARE HERE AS HOUSE DOGS, BUT MY HOUSE AND KENNEL ARE IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES...I DO NOT KEEP THEM ON MY YARD..AS I SAID BEFORE A LOT OF MY SHOW STYLE DOGS WERE ADBA FIRST...SOME DONE REGISTERED BY SINGLE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE WHERE YOU MEET WITH AN ACTUAL JUDGE TO DECIDE IF THE DOG IS A GOOD SPECIMEN AND ALL THAT...UKC TENDS TO BE VERY STRICT...SO I AM NOT CONFUSED...I AM ARGUING MY POINT BECAUSE I LOVE BOTH REGARDLESS OF THEIR DIFFERENCES... THERE ARE BAD REPRESENTATIONS OF GAME DOGS, BUT EVERYONE TRIES TO HIDE THAT AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR THEM...RE IS NOT ALL BAD AND GAME IS NOT ALL GOOD AND EVERY DOG DOES NOT HAVE TO BE USED FOR ITS TRADITIONAL USE TO BE CALLED WHAT IT IS...RE IS NOT A BAD REPRESENTATION OF AN APBT, IT IS LESS PERFECT THAN SOME OTHERS AND THERE ARE SOME VERY BAD REPRESENTATIONS...HOW MANY DOGS, NOT ONLY GAME FIT EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT OF THE STANDARD...IF THERE WERE SO MANY, THERE WOULD BE NO #1 DOG IN THE WORLD AND SO ON...JUST BECAUSE A LINE DEVIATES DOES NOT MAKE IT TOTALLY BAD...I'M CALLING GAME DOGS SUCH LINES AS REDBOY, SNOOTY, MAVERICK, MACHINEGUN KELLY...ETC...

THERE ARE WEIGHTPULL COMPETITIONS AND OTHER EVENTS AT THE RE BAR-B-Q'S , FUNCTION, SHOWS, ETC...AND ALL OTHER LINES ARE WELCOME TO COME...WHEN AN RE DOG WINS...ALL OF A SUDDEN THE SHOW MUST HAVE BEEN RIGGED AND SO ON...

SOMEONE POSTED EARLIER...IT CAN BE 300LBS. WITH GREEN COW PATCHES BUT IF IT PERFORM...ETC...

15. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

I DO NOT BREED PURELY FOR SHOW...HOWEVER I DO LIKE GOOD LOOKING DOGS...MY DOGS DON'T NEED TO LOSE ANY WEIGHT UNTIL THE SUMMER...IF THE VET SAYS THEY ARE HEALTHY, I WOULD SOONER TRUST HIS OPINION THAN YOURS...YOU DID NOT WRITE THE STANDARD...LOOKS DO MATTER...IF THEY DIDN'T, YOU COULD CALL A WORKING CHIHUAHUA A PIT BULL...DOESN'T MATTER HOW IT LOOKS...BLAH BLAH...IF AN APBT PERFORMS LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS AND IS IN TIP-TOP PHYSICAL CONDITION, BUT HAS A BODY LIKE A WIENER DOG, WHO WILL SAY LOOKS DON'T MATTER?

I COULD UNDERSTAND IF PEOPLE SAID RE SHOULD MAYBE BE CLASSIFIED AS GIANT APBT'S LIKE THE SCHNAUZER HAS THE MINIATURE, STANDARD, AND GIANT...BUT NOOO...IT HAS TO HAVE IT'S OWN BREED...IT'S TOO BIG..IT'S A DISCRACE....WELL GO HAVE A CHAT WITH ADBA...ETC...AND SEE IF THEY TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY...

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Txb let me get this straight because the longer you talk the less you seem to understand. You acknowledge your line (RE) was bred from Amstaffs. You know damn well it isnt bred for APBT standards. Yet you insist on calling it an APBT?

What?

No.

I cant up and decide tomarrow morning "Hey, I like Great Danes and the reaction I get from people when I tell them I have a great dane, so I'm going to start calling my English Bulldog a Great Dane because 100 years ago they had the same ancestors."

Is this acceptable? There standards were completely diffrent and thus resulted in two totally diffrent recognizable breeds. (and this is being nice and assuming for the sake of arguement RE fit a standard!). I can take 4 head and body shots of her and get her papers squared away tomarrow. Then she would be in print a "papered Great Dane" . Does it mean she is. Hell no, but I trust your catching the general jist of this here. ;)

17. simms

simms CH Dog

In good conscious, I would not reffer to you as a reputitable breeder. I will reffer to you as one who grossly misinterperts and does not repersent the standard of the APBT. So basicly you are breeding and selling known currs....your breeding practices will be the demise of this breed.

So folks this is the type that is buying and selling and breeding these dog's of today......so much for screening that prospective puppy buyer....sad.

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Well technically, if it works like a pitbull it has more right to be called a APBT than your dog which doesnt work like a APBT -OR- fit the APBT standards of looks or genealogy.

19. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

RE IS NOTED AS AN APBT...STAFFS GOT THEIR OWN NAME THE RE LINE DID NOT...I MYSELF CAN NOT CHANGE THAT...AS LONG AS THEY ARE WRITTEN AND RECOGNIZED AS AN APBT, I REFUSE TO HAVE THEM TRASHED BY GAME ENTHUSIASTS WITH NO RESPECT EXCEPTION TO THE RULE...PEOPLE CONTINUALLY CALL RE'S STAFFS, BUT NO ONE GOES AROUND CALLING GAME LINES SKINNY RIP OFF'S OF A BULLDOG(I'M SURE SOME WITHOUT SENSE MAY)...LOL

DON'T USE PROFANE LANGUAGE WHEN ADDRESSING ME, PLEASE...HAVE SOME RESPECT...

20. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

SOME OF YOU SAY IF IT CAN NOT PERFORM IT'S NOT A GOOD REPRESENTATION...OTHERS SAY IF IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ONE IT'S NOT A GOOD REPRESENTATION...

I AM GUESSING THAT EVERYONE MAKING THESE CLAIMS HAS SEEN EVERY GAME DOG AND EVERY NON-GAME LINE AND CAN TELL ME EXACTLY HOW IT CAN PERFORM? WHO HERE KNOWS FOR A FACT THAT EVERY RE DOG IS A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN WORKING DOG...? WHO HERE KNOWS THAT EVERY GAME LINED DOG STANDS UP TO EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SAID...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.