1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Re: "bluff?"

If a dog does not fit the set breed standards, and is purposely bred to not fit the standards.....its not a member of that breed any longer! No one is saying Razors Edge is not a bloodline, of course it is! However, you stated yourself the foundation stock of the line was Amstaffs, therefore the dogs being bred are not APBT but American Staffordshire Terrier. 100 years ago, yes they were the same breed. But through selective breeding and each "group" going in seperate directions, two new diffrent breeds have came about. The Amstaff and APBT may be cousins, but certainly not one and the same dog.

I agree that a "pitbull" is a general term and describes many diffrent dogs from many diffrent backgrounds. However the same can not be said when you get more detailed and refer to them as the more correct APBT or Amstaff, SBT or what have you. These big blue bluffs may be "pitbulls" in the general sense, but do not fit the standard and are purposely bred out of the standard of all above mentioned breeds. When you breed for a charectoristic outside the breed standard, you are in effect, creating a new breed!

I can respect that you have more "correct" dogs on your yard and am trying to keep your dogs as healthy as possible. May I ask what the oldest age one of your big blue dogs lived to before serious complications? I can tell you the oldest blue dog I've ever seen was 5 years old. Is this a coincidence when I've seen countless 13-14-15 year old game match dogs still acting like a 2 year old pup?

Breeding for working stock from working stock is inherently healthier. This is a point nearly any knowledgeable person will not disagree with. I myself dont breed dogs, as I feel its irresponsible to with all the "pitbulls" dieing in shelters a year. This is of course, unless your dogs better your breed as a whole. There are enough people breeding perfect specimin dogs out there, that I do not have to. The point I'm trying to make is....if you are breeding to better your standards-fine. But these standards your breeding for are from non APBT stock for dogs that arent going to fit APBT standards, why call them APBT's. You love what you've got, I respect that. But I hope you understand they arent APBT's and should not be called such. You folks have created a new breed by breeding from diffrent stock for diffrent standards, its now time to call them by a diffrent name. The same way the Amstaff distanced itself from the APBT because it did not agree with matching dogs.They wanted dogs that looked somewhat like APBT's but werent dog-aggressive, game, etc. so they bred for diffrent standards and thus created a new breed which they called the American Staffordshire Terrier.

I hope you can see the perspective I and others view this from. Its not as you feel a matter of us "looking down" upon them, its from a technical breed standpoint. If changes to the breed standard didnt create a new breed, then everyone with a dog would have to claim they have "domesticated wolf" as the breed of their dog, or whatever else you believe was the origin of the modern dog stock.

2. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Did you read that ?1st Column- Game dogs from my yard...2nd Column- Show dogs from my yard...3rd Column- Game dogs and other lines from other yards<!--end heading_1-->
    <!--begin text_1-->

This is to demonstrate that not all Razor's Edge dogs are obese and not all Game Bred dogs are ideal weight.

and let me also include...other lines with obese mastiff looking dogs

3. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

I got an Out cross RE female More RE than anything though. BUT I must say she's Game line/ Game BASED (Van Pelt's) Lines which I think has made her a good specimen for my program.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

Damn, can you please try to highlight when your editing a qoate...LOL
    I would have seen it had it been in red or somthing else...LOL

The Golden isn't what it once was either. The golden isn't my breed of choice, the APBT is. I do not understand why folks will try and make Excuses for their poor breeding practices and choices..... I have yet to hear a dog make an Excuse, however it is up to humans to determan who is bred and when their bred by selective breeding and culling practices.

To deviate from the standard is not to breed a better dog......

To incorperate two different breeds to create one, will take you the better part of 10+ yrs and you better pull up them boots to get it done and be willing to cull most everything you breed as you have not yet begun to set a healthy standard of dog to go by example. 20 yrs into creating a new breed you have achived your standard "maybe", then you have to worry about how the public is gonna maintain or "improve" your standard.....so, have you created a better dog by this practice, that seems to be in question? .....un biased example, labourdoodle, goldendoodle, bug....theres many more where that came from.

At one time there was no difference in standard "types" of the APBT (gamedog) No deviation from the breed. That deviation and popularity is ...what has damaged this breed the most.

Quit making Excuses and poor anaolgy's as to why poor breeding practices should be ok.

It's hard enough to try and maintain a standard that was already in place 100+ years ago.... let alone try and create another "type" of a breed that is established,and that's with any breed.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This thread really sprang up! That's what I get for not checking a day.

The one on the right is my girl, Loki. She's got POS blood in her, but it doesn't bother me one bit. :)

6. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

14rock- yes dear...the beginning of these posts were the question "is razor's edge a bloodline?" there were several posts that said no....I don't think that too many of us here are UKC, AKC, ADBA, CKC, etc. judges. When they get ready to call it something else and Razor's Edge dogs don't win anymore shows or get registered as APBT's then i will call it whatever they do. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH BLUE...WHO CARES WHAT COLOR IT IS IF IT LOOKS GOOD AND IS HEALTHY...THE FOUNDATION RE DOG IS NOT BLUE...AND THAT IS NOT ALL RE IS ABOUT...SOME PEOPLE MAY BE...A BLUE SCRAGGLY MUTT IS STILL BLUE...MOST OF THE ORIGINAL RE DOGS ARE STILL ALIVE....INFACT THE DOG THAT MOST EVERYONE BASES THEIR DOGS FROM WAS JUST NAMED STUD OF THE DECADE LAST JULY. UNHEALTHY DOGS DIE, NOT THOSE THAT JUST LOOK UNHEALTHY.

EVERYONE IS DISPUTING ABOUT RE DOGS NOT BEING USED FOR SOME OF THEIR TRADITIONAL USES. THERE IS A POST BY A MEMBER NAMED SUKI...IT SIMPLY BOILS DOWN THAT IF YOU LOVE PIT BULLS YOU LOVE THEM WHETHER THEY ARE GAME OR "PET" BULL

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I do not fight my dogs, and do not appreciate being called a dog-fighter when it is illegal. If you continue to blame people as dog-fighters, you will be banned. The site has no tolerance for this behavior.Consider yourself warned.

8. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Sweetheart I Don't Need A Warning...that Was A Question Not An Accusation...so Where Did It State You Were A Dog-fighter?

9. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

WHERE DID I MAKE AN ACCUSATION??????

10. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Txb- I think what you are getting at is that it's the color blue that game breeders don't like. You are wrong. It's not the color BLUE it's the size, form, function and a ton of other things about the bloodlines which you are bringing up. I think some of those dogs on your site are curs, the pictures are stretched, and some don't even look like bluffs they look like bandogges. The reason they are bluffs is because Blue is the most common "rare" color. It makes no sense to call a standard poodle a toy poodle they are two VERY seperate breeds bred for two totally different purposes : ). Why does it matter what you call them it's just a name? They will be the same darn dogs if you call them Pinky Doodles, Fat Rats or American Blue Bluff Terriers....Edit: But they are not Pit Bulls. They don't look like Pit Bulls, they don't really walk or sound like Pit Bulls. So why call them what they are not?

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Asking if I was a dog-fighter is enough of an accusation in todays times.

And unless you like 240 lb. bald men, I aint a sweetheart or dear ;)

12. simms

simms CH Dog

You asked the question and that in it's self is as bad.....considerd baiting of illegal topic for this baord.

Still a good board tho...LOL

Regards.

13. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

14 Rock- Size Or Inability To Grow Hair Does Not Change Your Heart. A Statement Is A Statement And A Question Is A Question...unless You Are A Lawyer...lol

Defend-posts Keep Coming Up About Blues Being Aggressive And About Re And Other Breeder Hyping Them For Color And So On... Those Pictures Are In Original Form...i Don't Even Have The Capability Or Need To Stretch Or Alter Any Photos...a Name Does Matter That's Why They Have Them...

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL....anyways. The debates are so frequently about blues not because they are blue per say but because big, overdone, and blue goes together like pb&j for most people. I've seen a few correct blue dogs, and I've seen plenty of huge overdone non-blue dogs, but for the sake of simplicity, its easiest to say big blue amstaffs (bluffs) because 95 % of the dogs we have a problem with happen to be blue. I'm not trying to take this to a personal level Txbkennel, I can tell you have alot better head on your shoulders than 95% of the razors edge "type" dog fans we get in here. Most arent mature enough to debate this like men, and I can tell you I appreciate your maturity level and your opinions will get taken to heart by alot more people because you can keep your cool and debate.

15. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. Ummm, if you knew how to read, you would understand that I KNOW that "pit bulls" are always blamed & thus why I cannot understand why people CONTINUE to breed & deviate from the standard all the while THEIR dogs are killing people yet MY dogs have to take the full f*cking blame!

LOL.....again. The term "pit bull" isn't a breed at all-barely or not-but rather is common/generic name given to dogs belonging to several different breeds: American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier (yes this breed is included), American Bulldog, & now the Olde English Bulldogges & other similar bulldog variations (now why are these included? b/c most of today's "new" "pit bulls" resemble these bullies over their originial predecessors thanks to outcrossing for size & you know it.....money). Funny, but I figured you'd know this as well since you are constantly belittling others for their 'knowledge".

I own American Pit Bull Terriers. You & others own Am Staffs, bandogges, & mutts that you'd prefer to call APBTs in order to get the "name" recognition. It's the most pathetic thing really.............

But why are you trying to change the APBT but call the resulting dog by the same name? I have yet to see one person give us a good reason!

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Yes & your opinions (& those from peopel like you) & your following overpopulating, poorly bred puppies breeding practices have resulted in the most serious of arguments! The nationwide one concernig the banning of our breed!

So...do you think these blue pit bulls are to standard & we should accept them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

What are you talking about? My post was in reference to Txbkennels post.
    Txbkennels was saying that APBTs are not a breed because they came from other breeds. I was saying otherwise.
    So, you are saying the same thing I was saying.
    Please, reread the post. You completely misunderstood it.

18. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

MIAKODA - I thought that posts like that would not be tolerated...? I guess others slip by the rules...Looks like I'm being accused of being a poor breeder and an overpopulator. As a Christian, I would appreciate if you did not use profanity in posts toward me. WHAT DO YOU MEAN PEOPLE LIKE ME...LIKE I HAVE STATED I HAVE GAME DOGS, SHOW STYLE DOGS, AND SO CALLED BULLIES, AMSTAFF, ETC...SO WHAT IS A PERSON LIKE ME...YOUR POST IS NO GOOD...WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT'S RE AND SUCH LINES ATTACKING PEOPLE...? SO MANY POSTS HAVE GONE ON AND ON ABOUT THESE DOGS NOT BEING GAME, HAVING ANY DRIVE, AND NOT HAVING WIND OR FIGHT IN THEM...

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS...IF SOMEONE WANTS TO SELL DOGS LET THEM...PUPPY MILLS ARE BAD, NOT JUST ANY DOG BREEDER. NOBODY STOPS YOU FROM DOING YOUR JOB EVEN IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT...YES, BREEDERS SHOULD HOWEVER BE CAREFUL OF WHO THEY SELL TO. DO YOU WORK FOR FREE? IS RAISING DOGS WORK? IF SOMEONE WANTS SOMETHING YOU HAVE, DO YOU JUST GIVE IT AWAY? IF SOMEONE IS PRODUCING A LINE THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND THAT LINE IS PRETTY CONSISTENT, THEN THE PUPS DO HAVE VALUE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE DON'T BUY IT.

LIKE I SAID WHEN UKC, ADBA, CKC, ETC. STOP REGISTERING RE AS APBT'S AND RE STOPS WINNING SHOWS, I WILL CALL THEM WHATEVER THEY CHANGE IT TO...

19. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

What?
    I am a human. I am not a dog. I do not belong to a breed of humans that have a set standard.
    If I said that I was Japanese but I was 7 foot tall, had blonde hair, and blue eyes I would not be good representation of a Japanese person would I?
    The truth is, I would have to be mixed in some way.

20. simms

simms CH Dog

I figured it out..... I went back and edited after the fact of posting...LOL

Please try not edit in a qaote with out highlighting the color ...I'm in a typing frenzy most times...LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.