1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"bluff?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Re: "bluff?"

Its not the weight thing at all. Its being bred out of standard. I have no problems at all if the dog is in someone elses eyes too tall or rangey with a long muzzle and bat ears.....because this isnt a cosmetic breed. If the dog was bred for gameness and had the complimenting attributes, I dont care if the dog is 300 lbs. and purple with green cow spots!

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

we're not talking about humans here.. we;re talking about dogs. Dogs and humans arent the same and shouldnt be compared. Human life is placed above dogs and has nothing to do with dogs. One doesnt breed kids and peddle them to make a living..and if they did, they'd be looked down upon..

So you are ok with puppy peddlers and people populating the world with dogs that arent needed??? Thats half the problem right there... How many more dogs need to die today because someone had to buy a new pair of pradas?? You are not helping your case any..

And yes, there are plenty of "game dog" breeders who are in it for the money ..there are plenty of game bred dogs who are "bad repersentations" of the breed.... (and actually, a true working dog isnt bred to fit a cookie cutter image, its bred to work whether it be 25 pounds or 74 pounds...)

3. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

BUT IT ALSO HAS TO LOOK A CERTAIN WAY TO BE CONSIDERED THE STANDARD FOR A PIT BULL...SO AREN'T PITBULLS CALLED PITBULLS BECAUSE HOW THEY LOOK AND NOT JUST HOW THEY PERFORM/ACT....CAN YOU HAVE A PUG WITH DRIVE, AGGRESSION, HEAT, AND SO ON AND CALL IT AN APBT? IT HAS TO LOOK LIKE ONE ALSO...SO LOOKS DO MATTER...I WILL SAY, AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT HAVE DEBILITATING EFFECTS ON THE DOG....IF A PIT FITS THE PHYSICAL DISCRIPTION BUT LACKED THE DRIVE ETC. ETC. YOU WOULD NOT SIMPLY SAY WELL IT ISN'T A PIT. MY 70+LB. DOGS ARE MUSCLE NOT FAT! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE...IF YOU DON'T HAVE A 70+LB. AND HAVEN'T SEEN ANY IN ACTION HOW WOULD YOU KNOW HOW IT PERFORMS? ASSUMPTION?

LIKE I SAY WHEN ALL OF THE REGISTRATION AGENCIES AND JUDGING PANELS CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE, SO WILL I...

4. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

And yes, there are plenty of "game dog" breeders who are in it for the money ..there are plenty of game bred dogs who are "bad repersentations" of the breed.... (and actually, a true working dog isnt bred to fit a cookie cutter image, its bred to work whether it be 25 pounds or 74 pounds...)

14ROCK -SO TRUE... THIS IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET AT...

ROCK-WHERE DID I SAY PUPPY PEDDLERS/MILLS WERE OK?

TOM- NO. DIDN'T SAY IT WAS...WASN'T IMPLYING IT EITHER...

5. simms

simms CH Dog

THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE INTO GAME DOGS...YOU NEED TO BACK YOURSELVES UP AND SPEAK YOUR CLAIM BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY FOOLS OUT THERE ON BOARDS THAT ARE GIVING PIT OWNERS LIKE YOU AND ME A BAD NAME.

Easy now....

Your still making Excuses for your dogs. I know that there are some dumbasses bumping thier gums... but if your gonna step over that line, atleast they are breeding to standard of the APBT and or understand the concept of a breed bred to standard. What you are comparing to is apple and oranges.

The APBT is the gamedog....No deviation. Now you can dispute this all you like but your peds dont lie....so do I beleive you to be a owner and fancier of the breed...No, I beleive that you fancy the Idea of it.

You anolgy of ppl and animals is wearing me out......you are a christian and you should reframe from such statements, I shouldn't of had to say this to you.

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

No it doesnt have to look a certain way if it comes from breed standard stock and is bred for the breed standards! Looks dont mean diddly squat to most true APBT enthusiasts. We all have PREFERENCES, but that doesnt mean thats what they breed for, or buy! I myself like all black dogs with black eyes and toe-nails, around 25-30 lbs. But I'm not going to go out and buy a black/blackeyed 25 lb. dog unless it fits the standard and shows me how its better than any other dog I have access to at the time!

Looks are the downfall of every breed. Sometimes I wish our breed looked like a mangy pug, or a chinese crested/rat mix.

7. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES FOR MY DOGS, I AM DEFENDING THOSE WHO ARE IN THE RE BLOODLINE THAT ARE NOT A DISCRACE TO THE APBT...JUST BECAUSE ONE DOES NOT USE AN APBT AS A GAME DOG DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT IN THE DOG...

YOU CAN SCRATCH THE PEOPLE/DOG THING...IF SOMEONE ANSWERS TO IT THEY MUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OTHEREWISE THEY WOULD STAY SILENT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I'M GOING TO ANSWER MY OWN POSTS.

8. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

My fault, I answered to it. I did it to prove a point though.

9. simms

simms CH Dog

Your dogs simply lack the tools of that of a APBT {gamedog} They are bred away from that of....Your toting a name.

10. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

this discussion is exactly where it was 4 pages ago,, stop beating a dead horse,,

11. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

papers can say anything,,,paper hangin happens everyday just for profit

12. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

HAVE YOU SEEN MY DOGS OR THEIR PERFORMANCE...?

13. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Some Posts Are Stating What Re Lines Are All About...i'm An Re Breeder+...i Think I Know...makes Sense Huh...? I Love Game Dogs And I Think They Are A Great Representation Of Apbt's And Terriers Themselves...re Did Come From Staffs And I Don't Know Why They Got Labeled As Apbt's, But The Organizations Did As They Pleased And We Can't Change That...so As Long As It Is In Writing, What Does Disputing It Do, When You Are Not A "big Wig" Running The Show...deal With It...i Bet That If It Were The Other Way Around You Would Still Dispute It, No?

Why Close The Thread When Others May Want To Speak? Those Who Don't Want To Participate In The Convo...don't Have To...

Things Left Alone Leave Mysteries...this Is Innocent Discussion...

14. simms

simms CH Dog

No, why don't you post some pics.

Your dogs are not bred to perform or work like mine do....tis apples to oranges. They honestly can not physicly handle the riggerus exstensive work load, they lack the tools for this b/c they have been bred away from it.

15. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

[​IMG]
    around 60lbs. in the summer for obvious health reasons and 75lbs. in the winter for show...he has stamina, drive, and a will to please out of this world.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Pic didnt work. Take the original file saved from your computer and upload it to your gallery on the site, then you can provide a link for us to view it that will always be up.

17. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

there is a difference in 70+lbs. of fat and 70+lbs. of muscle...[​IMG]

18. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

k. i'll do that thanx rock

19. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

20. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog