1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bobby Hall

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by realonebulldog, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yeah, the Rottweiler had the most psi if im not mistaken. sorry, off topic

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Very much my thoughts on it as well. Now if they tested a large number of dogs, and tested those dogs repeatly under different circumstances... well, maybe they might get a little closer to an accurate view on the topic.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I think the idea of head size = bite strength is just an old wives tale. I had a both a male & female who had big, well shaped heads & both were monster biters, BUT the only accurate bite force test (done by Nat'l Geographic) rated the German Shepherd as having the hardest bite, out biting both the Rott (2nd) & the APBT (3rd). And I just saw a show last night that said jaw length, not head size contributes the most to bite power, which would make sense since the GSD has a longer muzzle than both the Rott & APBT.

But why list head size? Because belief in an old wives' tale? Because big heads look cool? Who knows? But I never knew BH (or any game dog breeder for that matter) used it as a selling point. I thought that was an invention by the bluff breeders! lol.

What I wonder is how big these dogs were? My 83 lb (c.w.) male Cody had a 23.5 in. head & I see one of his FEMALES had a 21 in head! Also, I noticed that all the dogs were built well & had nice straight legs. I wonder what he did down the line to end up with those defomed legs you see on some of his dogs now?

4. simms

simms CH Dog

those peds aint nothin to scoff at. There are some bonefide bulldogs in there, that earned thier keep.

Honesty and ethics, Alot of the same could be said for Maurice, however good dogs are where you find em! Lets not forget If one must find themselves selling to the public and makeing a living at doing so....they have created a niche.

If your going to bash ol Bobby Hall ,atleast you can do is invite him to the conversation and yes he is quite the character.

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Is this the National Geographic test.It still just looks like one dog of each breed,I doubt if they looked to terribly hard to find a real hard mouthed dog.I imagine each breed of dog was just a pretty random pick. www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhptJPfp1aw

6. Nova

Nova Banned

Random my ass. HAHAHAHAHA I know all 3 of those dogs very well and I can tell you that Rocky is a HARD BITING FOOL on suit or sleeve. Aidan is litter mate to my male both have serious mouth and the GSD belongs to a Capital Hill Police officer and he will put you on your bottom quick.

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That was it! Thank you! My mistake.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That was pretty cool. Quite a big difference in the first to second bite. I guess they were just getting warmed up! lol I'd love to have my boys bite tested.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  9. Robber

Robber Big Dog

For the most part it is - whenever I see an ad proclaiming head or neck size, weight, or color, I instantly discount the "breeder" as not being worth his salt. You never saw ads fom WSK, PP, FB, STB, or others making such worthless claims. The one person I know who has dealt with him doesn't think much of him, but I've never got the story as to why.

10. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Again I say,if you want an accurate test it's going to take more than 1 dog of 3 breeds.I might have more confidence in the test if they took a 100 dogs and got an average per dog.

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You're right gh32. A testing of several dogs would yield more accurate results. HOWEVER ... that being said, I will go w/ the NG test & be happy for it b/c this is legitimate "proof" we can use to show to JQP our dogs are not as dangerous as the biased media makes them out to be. A newspaper man or AR whacko can make up anything, but you can't fight the results of an unbaised test using a psi machine ... right? :p

12. beanieman

beanieman Banned

Yeah it was a test done by discovery i'm gonna look for the link and the american pit had about 275 and the rottweiler had about 385.
    If i remember.

But it makes no differents to me, i had a bitch she was around 14 kilogram so +- 32 lbs, when 2 rot, broke out i was taking care of one she the other one :p.
    They where like 45 kg or +- 100 lbs, but the damage that my dog did to his face, the rott backt off while my dog continued.
    So for me it's all inside the head of the dog that count's and good training ofcourse:rolleyes:

13. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

The Ramsey stuff is still very strong. you just have to know some one to get it. Arty/Cherry is the way to go.

14. preme

preme CH Dog

wat dog he produce is winning in hog cacthing