1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

boomerball, jolly ball, or best ball

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Oct 13, 2010.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

anybody ever used either of these 3 supposedly indestructible ball toys for dogs?

if so, what were the pros and cons?

any idea of where to find them?

i've heard from many that they are the perfect toys but that dogs can get hurt from them...not sure how that would happen but any experiences shared are appreciated

2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

id like to know too! id like to get one

3. popper

popper CH Dog

ultimatek9 always has a jolly ball in her picks.... she said her dogs love em but are not indestructable. hopefulllky she post up ... i am also intrested.... i keep buying these damn footballs that they are obsessed with

4. Boomer ball all the way baby!! :) Bronson works it like mad!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and Ginger liked to work it too hahahahahahahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. act284

act284 Big Dog

very nice...

where are you getting your boomerball from? and which size/type?

I found a website, but it doesn't show you the shipping charges...I'd hate to be surprised with a $50 shipping for something thats $15 or so haha

6. fblb

fblb Top Dog

We have had a few jolly balls...we used the ones for equine, but alas the got wrecked. I don't have any first hand experience with the other two. I have heard good things about the boomer ball, but I also heard good things about the jolly ball so I suppose it really depends on the dogs that are using the product.

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Hows it on thee teeth?:confused: thats the one i want, i've read of other folks using bowling balls, sounds like something an oltimer would tell his competition:D

8. It's hard plastic and doesn't hurt the teeth. Every once in a while I cringe when he runs into it like an idiot LOL. They make pretty deep grooves in it with their teeth and I just sand it down and it's like new again. :) I have had people say they use bowling balls too and I'd never use it in a million fucking years!!! :(

Man I've had it so long I can't remember for sure, but if memory serves me correctly they have their own site I think I ordered it from.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
  9. Nutty

Nutty Pup

We have such a ball. billy boy loves him.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viPlpHCXYbM[/ame]

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

nice gunna have to google that shit!

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

13. Nutty

Nutty Pup

I bought my on ebay.

14. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

well its late so figured i'd impulse buy and try this jolly pet out which i guess is an equivalent to the boomer. only cost a little under $17 including shipping for the 10"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Pet-10-Push-n-Play-Blue/dp/B0002ARYM0/ref=pd_sim_k_4"]Amazon.com: Jolly Pet 10 Dining[/ame]

15. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Jolly balls are pretty easily destroyed. Ours was handleless in a matter of minutes. I can't let Scarling have it as she'll just rip pieces off and eat it, but Coco is mezmerized by it, literally. What a weird dog... she just STARES at it hoping it will decide to move. lol

[​IMG]

Deeohgee's WHOLE WORLD revolves around her boomer ball. I wouldn't say they are indestrucable, but they do last a long time. I made the mistake of encouraging Tank to get it, and freak mouth crushed it with one bite and left holes in it which the other dogs used to slowly eat it down to a half a cirlce. I don't encourage him to use it anymore. lol The second one has lasted a good two years almost....

[​IMG]

Scarling knaws on it now and again...

[​IMG]

Deeohgee has gouged her face up pretty good on it, but that just makes it more fun for her. lol Her teeth are showing some wear no doubt from the goobery muddy dirt on it, working like sandpaper as much as from the plastic, but whatever. She has a ball and that's what counts. ;)

16. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

They are good exercise for your dogs and keeps them happy but can be addictive:D but if you let them play with them to often, and they nore on them they do wear their teeth down :(

17. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

Zoe you need to get a bigger ball so tank can not get his mouth over it;)

18. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

Is the 20' "jungle" ball on the website? if not, which is it?

19. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I know! They have a HUGE one at my pet store I'm dying to get. Trying to get recovered from the last huge vet bill trauma before I start buying any more toys! lol

20. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Are these ones hard plastic? The only jolly balls I've seen are the more rubbery ones with the handles. Hmmmm....