1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Boxing News.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CockneyRebel123, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Should be a decent scrap this weekend, Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez. I fancy Lopez to stop him, even now he's moved up he's super strong for the weight.

2. Very good fight, it was highly competitive for 4-5 rounds but then Lopez started picking him off, Taylor slowed down noticeably, I think the body shots took the wind out of his sails.

houstonapbt likes this.
  3. He did well to see the final bell in the end, he was almost out of there.

4. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

IMO Taylor shouldn't have been in there in first place, since Jack Catterall beat him decisively in the last fight.. Catterall was outstanding against Taylor and the pay day & bragging rights at Madison [ ] Garden v's Teofimo Lopez rightly belonged to him.. Taylor got schooled anyway and Teddy Atlas called it right.

5. Yep, he didn't do himself any favours or win any fans by ducking the rematch.

I predicted that Lopez would stop him, he was very close to doing so at the end. I think after that beating he will be a knockout waiting to happen at 147lb.

oldguy likes this.
  6. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

7. What next for Lopez, I've seen his and Haney's father have been having words, Haney has said he's going up to 140, I think Lopez flattens him.

houstonapbt and oldguy like this.
  8. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I think you think right.

CockneyRebel123 likes this.
  9. Don't get me wrong Haney is a good boxer but he's not a big puncher and he doesn't appear to have the best punch resistance.

10. Dosser Big John Fury has insisted that Usyk apologize to their Tyson or else they will never fight him, set of clowns, he has been ripped to bits for ducking the fight and rightly so.

11. What's the best punch you've ever seen in boxing history, for me, got to be the Suzie Q Rocky Marciano landed on Jersey Joe Walcott.

oldguy likes this.
  12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Best punch in history is when RJJ throws multiple left jabs.

chili, CockneyRebel123 and oldguy like this.
  13. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

A rock in a sock, bang on the cuckoo clock.

CockneyRebel123 likes this.
  14. The Hawk, one of the greatest punchers in boxing history, his victims looked like they'd been hit by a lightning bolt.

oldguy likes this.
  15. Pollo

Pollo Big Dog

Not boxing, but Dan Henderson dropping that ( H-bomb) on Michael Bisbing was awesome to see

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Crawford breat the shit outta Spence and made it look easy.

Dusty Road likes this.
  17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought Spence looked flat from the opening bell. His 'walk-em down' style normally includes movement so some of those early punches miss. From there he does some damage.

I am not sure Crawford missed a shot, nether early on or until it was stopped.

Spence best hope Crawford can't carry 154 or the 7 pounds slows him down. If he is almost as accurate with more power Spence winds up punch drunk.

S