1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

breed for gameness?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MasFlow, Oct 6, 2004.

1. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

i dont get it, i mean i know what it is but aint it showing a bad rap for people who dont know alot about pitbulls? okay its kinda hard to say what i mean but if u have idea what i mean please give me the 411? it seems like you all on here only breed pitbulls for gameness

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Gameness is the one trait that seperates this breed from any other breed, as to not breed for gameness, would be to remove a trait from our great breed and would be wrong, IMO...
    BB

3. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

oh

but is it wrong to breed pitbulls that are not very game?

4. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

IMO once ya breed away the gameness, you might as well stop telling people its a pit. Gameness is the hallmark trait of this breed, if it's not a gamebred bulldog it's just a shell of the breed. It's what's inside that makes the dog.

5. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

Its like breeding a golden retreiver that hates water and doesn't retreive

6. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

gamebred pitbull - an apbt that loves to work without stopping in whatever it does whether it be weight pulling or hog hunting or whatever , because its has a tremindus ammount of heart and his body is actually built for it takes time to breed gamebred pitbulls if you're doin it yourself. a nongamebred pitbull - A Regular Apbt without non of the traits above. don't get me wrong any apbt can work but what makes the difference is the ammount of heart in the dog and how much he want to work. Apbt's were bred for gaming taking the gamness out of a pitbull would be like making kool-aid with no sugar......OMK

7. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

You have to understand that not everyone wants a pure game dog. Some people want a dog you can take to the dog park or around town or whatever. Granted if you do want a bully breed you can do that with, then get an Am Staff or try to find a laid back pit. As for breedings....leave that up to the professionals. hahaha.

Everyone needs to remember that this is a GAME DOG forum. You might not agree with everything that is said on here (I certainly don't), but you can't get upset, because you came here. You had to find this site, read the posts, and then join the forum. So if you don't agree with something, then don't post anything about it.

8. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

i agree 100% , and the reason i only sale to exprerienced dogmen , not everyone needs or want a gamebred pitbull and i agree , but this is something i love doin. i live apbt's without a doubt and i wouldn't be what i am today if not for my dogs and my love for the breed. having a gamebred pitbulll to me is like having a a 1st place prize and i have 13 of them. I would kill someone to protect them.....OMK

9. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

oh oh okay i get it, so there nothing wrong with having a dead game pitbull, well i dont know if mine is dead game, hes 9 months and still a pup although as for bring game hes just a lil firey and I'm not gonna worry bout it for like another 2 or 3 years, like yall said, hes still a pup

10. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

yup yup now this is how it should always be :-" :-) good convo is always refreshing

11. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

This is Game-Dog.com. I'm not being funny, but there are other boards that discuss PETbulls.

12. Your dog is not dead game if it's still alive. Dead game refers to a dog that died without giving up.

13. CRG

CRG Top Dog

yes, it is game-dog but it is for anything to do positive with the breed ie pets,show,pulling etc.;)

14. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I know but, the first post was saying that gameness is giving APBT's a bad rap. I'm not trying to step on any toes, but I wouldn't have a pitbull without some type of game blood in it. I'm sure most members here feel the same way. A game dog can and does make a good pet. It's not gameness that gives a bad rap, it's people not understanding these dogs.

15. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Yes, IMO its wrong to breed a bulldog that has not proved its worth and that it is game. If you have a ? mark about whether your dog is game or not, it shouldn't be bred...
    BB

16. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Having a dead game dog is just that, a dead dog that died while still trying. Lots of folks quickly label a dog "Dead Game" when its not always so...
    Your dog is 9mos old, enjoy him and treat him right, and he'll do you right when he gets older.
    BB

17. A good game pit is the best .A pit dont have to be fight crazy to be game .The bad pits are carless breeding like breeding for color ,looks not heart agood game dog is rarely a man bitter let alone kids

18. pingers

pingers Pup

If the APBT didn't have game wouldn't we breed them with Chihuhua's. LOL If you try to take the game out of the pitbull you would be killing or bad buzzing the pitty's humor. The only way would be to let the the pups grow up with there disciplined owner's and not make silly comments to chat about pitbulls. And you should worry now because the pup is learning it's first steps to life, do some research on positive dog ruling and research on how to prevent bad things from happening, by the time your pup is 1 1/2 there is no turning back. I only spelt it out for you, as you said, i dont get it, i mean i know what it is but ain't it showing a bad rap for people who dont know alot about pittbulls? That was your first sentence and it isn't making knowledge(sense) you cracked me up for a little time there. Make your questions heard would be somewhere to start!

****EDITED SPELLING SO THAT THE TRANSLATOR WORKS IF NEEDED, PER ADMIN REQUESTS. *****

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  19. general

general Big Dog

good reply to this post by the members, great to hear that ye think like myself!!!! gameness has to be in a dog !! it cant be put in to one!!

20. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I am NEW here and wanted to ask the question.. If I have petbulls than am I not welcome on this board? Not trying by any means to anger anyone, but I was under the impression this was a place to obtain knowledge and to chat/converse with other lovers of the breed.
    :) This is my very first post and both of my dogs are full of drive and pit bulls thru & thru - but they are big ol babies and treated as members of my family, as I believe ALL breeds should be treated that way.