1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

breeding advices

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by gunman2376, May 27, 2013.

1. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

hi

will do some breedings in the future, all kc dogs (heavy bsl here and do not want to hide dogs nor fake papers)

will breed boar workers, mainly catch dogs and baydogs matings

you must imagine that to find kc working dogs i might have to take no matter what pedigree i can, some more related and maybe some out

any advices about breeding so i gather traits (courage, mouth etc) and lock them?

thanks in advanced

2. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I think like u say its hard with bsl in your country so need to be kc standard so all I think you can do is breed worker x worker and start your own line

Pick dogs with the taits you want and breed to them and only breed thd pups that makes the grade

3. bounty

bounty Big Dog

the best advice i can give is just do it. Breed as many litters as you can and get a feel for it.

On pedigrees i would say try to do out crosses if you can. You may be able to ask around and see what crosses work best. No need to re-invent the wheel. If you know someone that has a line of dogs that line breeds well maybe try that. If you come across a dog or bitch that has all the traits you want in large amounts then breed to that animal more often.

Its mostly trial and error but there are many things that you will learn as you go that will improve your chances of producing something good or even something great.

cheers and good luck

4. marloes

marloes Pup

in kc there are enough staffs that are working dogs. you just have to find them. make no consessions to your own standards, breed only if you believe in the combination. hope you will find what you are looking for, and like bounty says trail and error. dont give up if its not turning out how you want them to just try a different line then. good luck!

5. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

thank you all for your advices

the problem is that just found some dogs, if any one know more than a few please enlighten me because im in the dark on this one

Marloes, im sending pm
    my own standard is simple, performing and no quitting, no concessions on that, just do not know enough hunting dogs to chose from

i hear you Bounty,
    what im afraid is scatter, too much different bloods, will it pose a problem? how to deal with it?

to ad more drama in this country there conformation that must be done before breeding, if the dogs are too big or some other stuff, will not pas conformation and cannot breed them without producing bsl targeted dogs...

6. pockets

pockets Big Dog

foundations and build from that u cant build a good house without good foundations.this is were selecting your bitches comes in when u have ur bitches then go from there and start building your house looking at what traits the dogs have mouth wind courage ect and test each dog for each trait and also do research in what the parents have been like in the dogs you are choosing have they proven themselves what traits did they hold.and breed and test hard and don't keep a dog that isn't at the standard you want your yard to be at.trial and error test test test

7. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

thank you for your input