1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

breeding small bitches

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by apbtk9, Apr 18, 2010.

1. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

i was wondering what is the biggest size you would allow a dog to breed to a small 25-30lb bitch? id imagine any big dog would give a small bitch problems when it comes to carrying and having puppies?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

doubtfull, although i may be wrong. it just seems like any bulldog worth breeding to isnt going to be SO BIG that it would give the bitch problems.
    who knows, lets see what the others think.

3. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

As long as she can take the males weight and stick you'll get no problems.

4. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

if she is too small for the male then just do an AI, quick painless and you got the breeding done.

5. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

I don't believe the question is about the actually breeding, but more of a small bitch handling large puppies as far as pregnancy and delivery goes.

6. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

and get a good litter of pups ;)

7. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

yeah i wasnt so concerned about the actual action as i was the pregnancy and delivery. i just cant imagine a 25lb bitch carrying a 50lb dogs pups without issues.:eek:

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

newborns are little.... the bitch might look funny as hell during pregnancy but she should be fine

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

they all start out small. mayday was bred to small bitches & it ain't uncommon for a 40M to be stuck to a 30f.

10. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

I saw it done recently, for some reason there were only 5 pups, good thing for the gyp

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I bred a 65 pound male to my 35,36 pound female,no problems,8 pups,one was born dead the rest done fine.They seem to all be small to medium at the biggest now.

12. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah most of the time pups get their size from their moms

13. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

thanks guys :cool: