1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bryants Red Devils

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Belcher256, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Has anyone had any experience with them? I've contacted them and they have been pretty stand up. Also their dogs look gorgeous and have been bred for high drive. Looking for an OFRN and they seem to be pretty reasonable.

2. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

they have some nice dogs, theres also a OFRN breeder here in central florida

3. That's where I got my pup from. He's out of Bryants Ginger Sired by AJs Ehud. They do alot of Boar Hunting with thier dogs. Good people to deal with.

4. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Yeah they were nothing but helpful with my questions and didnt get defensive. Tony whats the name of the place in central florida? @tnycarrillo yeah theres another Ginger x Ehud breeding where the pups should be available close to when I return from Iraq. Also a Semi-Sweet x Kain litter. Do you have any pictures of your pup?

5. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Thanks for making this thread! I was wondering about them, their dogs are very nice looking :)

6. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Those sure are some STUNNING dogs! :)

7. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

belcher ill PM you

8. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Id like to hear Bobbys opinion, hes got some fine hog dogs as well.

9. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Why are those dogs being labeled as OFRN? The majority of the blood is something else and contains very few OFRN dogs in the peds.

10. bdub

bdub Top Dog

the pic of kain looks like a bully to me

11. norcalreds.com

norcalreds.com Big Dog

The Bryant's are very nice people indeed but the dogs are not OFRNs. They do have some Old Family way back but are by far OFRN. Not to knock what their able to do in a hog hunt. I'm sure they are great for that purpose and are definitely great as pets. If that's what you are looking for then by all means you should give them a call!

12. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

yeah i thought the same, but its chain wait, if you look at the other pictures of him he looks great.
    [​IMG]
    They've got some decent looking dogs, but through research and the plans I have for my future pup Im going in another direction.

13. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i figured out why he looked bully to me,,they bred in dogs from camelot kennels

14. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

camelot kennels didnt bred for any look their dogs were ALWAYS kept and bred because of ability. Camelot PITS bred bully style dogs, there is a difference in the two. They have one camelot pits bred dog in their yard, and she produces more standard progeny. Kain is of camelot kennels and scattered game blood.

Kain is about 65 lbs and thats hands on experience, very coby dog thats for sure but lacks nothing in loyalty, temperment and willingness to please.

The Bryants are personal friends of mine and are stand up people. If you are looking for a dog with looks and ability you wouldnt behoove yourself to get a dog from them.
    I have a litter off of Kain now and my experiences with the Bryants has been nothing less than top notch.

15. to me they seem like puppy peddlers, everytime a dog comes in heat they are breeding sometimes it is back to back heats. if they are in it for the dogs they wouldnt breed as much, it is about money to them, they dont have many dogs and have done several breedings and once in a blue moon they will keep a pup that they bred.

i know people that have their dogs also and said they are HA, and tried to return the dogs and they said they didnt want them back to do what they wanted with the dogs.

he told a friend of mine that it is all about the money to him. they dont know what a gamebred dog is if it crapped in their yard. they claim they are adba standard but their smallest dog is 65 lbs, male or female. if you know the true apbt and talk to them you will find out they dont know. i guess for bullies they might be alright but not as apbt, but they do have decent dogs for hog catching, i will give them that, but to me hog catching dont show gameness, it shows high prey drive.

imo you can get better dogs for cheaper. either way your not guaranteed anything good, but at least your not wasting as much money

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

isnt OFRN a couple different lines instead of its own?

17. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

A few, a lot though regard Lightner's dogs to be the start which led to Hemphill and Wallace. Just google OFRN and you'll find the story. Its like every rednose breeder has a OFRN section now with the exact same articles.

18. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Conclusion:
    I will not be doing business with them at all, camelot kennels is a joke as well. A decent OFRN does not need to be crossed with camelots dogs to gain more weight for hog hunting, Bobby Roosters dogs prove that. Im going to get another Eli to replace my main boy Silas (RIP, see avatar).

19. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

camelot kennels hasnt been around for years and years so OBVIOUSLY you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to them.You would have absolutely NO WAY of getting any information on camelot kennels unless you know or knew someone that knows the man behind that name. Art S. own/ed gamedogs and red dogs and he tested his red dog stock to the same degree that he tested his game dogs. Camelot Pits is a joke for sure.
    The bryants have good catch weight stock but gamedogs they are not.....OBVIOUSLY by looking at them.

BEsides last time I checked there was no weight limit or specifics in the ADBA standard..feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

20. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Never said they had been around for years. I dont believe anyone even mentioned gameness either, high prey drive was, which seems to have resulted in some HA as well. Camelot Pitbulls studs weight in at 80+lbs. one being weighed in at 120lbs. A 50lb pit can sucessfully be used as a catch dog as well. So why risk speed by doubling the dogs weight? UKC has a weight standard while ADBA uses a height weight ration, however using the other standards of the ADBA many camelot dogs would not even pass conformity. ADBA is like this site in which it says theyre are trying to "preserve the breed." How many pictures have you seen of 90lb+ pits from over 50 years ago?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.