1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

build up the Back legs of the dog

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by No Mercy, Sep 1, 2005.

1. No Mercy

No Mercy Pup

hi

i want some advices to build up my dog's back legs they are not strong .... are there any excersices for this thing or what...

2. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Running up hills will strengthen them.Especially if it's sand.Other than that springpoles build & condition the whole body.If you want to strengten just the back legs using a springpole try lifting it up after a few day or weeks{depends on how your dog takes to it}never start off where they cant have theyre front legs on the ground though.Weight pulling will build up back legs also.Most anything you can do with your dog that involes pulling will build'em but make sure it's safe first.

3. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Hook him to yer bike and let him pull you around, by a cheap weight sled, spingpole. Take him to the gym and put him on the squat rack.

4. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

yeah tahts true i let my dog pull weights up to my hill then i take it off let him run up and down the hill then i take him swimming make him pull weights back and then walk him.

5. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

which right now he looks way better than before

6. No Mercy

No Mercy Pup

thanks alot my friends

7. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Flirt Work

8. CRD

CRD Big Dog

Making my bulldog work the steps a few times daily and swimming gives him a powerful muscle behind the legs.

9. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

yeah.....stairs work too

10. TopDog

TopDog Pup

i walk my dogs or have them chase a ball for a couple hours

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Pulling chains ,tires, weights what ever with a weight pull harness.

12. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i tak ehim bike riding now and it is actually good

13. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I tried to take my girl bike ridding but every time I get some speed she pulls the bike in the ground.{ouch!!}I learned my lesson.

14. No Mercy

No Mercy Pup

i tried some of these exercises and it was very good