1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Building a slatmill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by bukskin.banks, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Yes, keep us updated !

2. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

got my pvc belt in today and man im excited! i will post pics tonight, but for those wondering. Don't waste your time with firehose and none of that bullshit. Order yourself some pvc belting or thermo plastic if you can afford it haha. This pvc will cure my every problem. Easier to handle, will cure slat roll, everything. And i live in alaska so it wasnt cheap to ship. before shipping its less than 100$! Really can't wait to get the mill running. Also if anyone wants to build one, the frame is a breeze, the belt however haha

3. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

http://www.interstateplastics.com/Amber-2422-Acrylic-Cast-Paper-Sheet-ACRA2CP.php?vid=

The special edition dog trotter. This is the stuff im pretty sure they use for the slats. I'm going with it def for only $145. The only thing i'd have to figure is how to 45 the edges unless they'd do it. And on the dog trotter it looks like they run two divets in the top of the slat for some kind of traction. Def. going to be looking into this for my next belt.

The first one is colored this one is the one on the dog trotter i wana say. its clear

http://www.interstateplastics.com/Clear-Polycarb-Sheet-POLCE-ST.php

4. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

260 bucks if you go 1/2 inch thick though i just realized but still, last forever.

5. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

you got 4 grand i can borrow lol??

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Yea black that was funny as shit! Lol

7. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i must have missed the humor in that ...

8. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Nah, that was funny. Especially for the ones that that's possible for or do not want to bother building one. This topic is very helpfull for others so keep updating.

9. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

slat1.jpg slat2.jpg

Started putting together the new belt. Just gota finish it up. Trying to figure out how to connect the belt together. Anyone got any ideas? thanks

10. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Banks what you can do to connect it is cut 2 strips of belt that are long enough to connect 3 slats and just overlap at the edge or you can do it in the middle of the belt . How does the Frame Look ?

11. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

I will snap some pics of the frame and everything put together this weekend. Busy with work. Hopefully it'll be running sunday!!! I'll give you all a list of what not to do haha. Found a lot of shit i'd do different after this first mill. Pro's and con's and what not.

12. I've been trackin your post since i first saw a slat mill at a show in New Jersey ........... You r doin a nasty job man. Thanks for startin this post and keepin us updated on your progress. Looks awsome man. Cant wait to see more pics. I have already started my parts list and plan on buildin one myself. Keep up the good work bro.

13. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

I'm going to probably finish everything tonight. Then i'll try to think of all the small stuff i can post to help everyone out. I really like the wood frame. Not easy to work with though, but at the same time it is. Just whne you put it together the main thing is make sure the width and height for the track is perrrfect in the front and rear. Dont' stop measuring pretty much. And it's heavy so the fuckin thing prob will barely move with the dog on it. Cant wait to post a vid of it workin!!

14. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

IMG-20111213-00032.jpg IMG-20111213-00031.jpg

okayyy so, i need to adjust my wheel rail alignment cause its a little off. The carriage bolts arent tightened either. Hopefully when i tighthen them, and maybe take a slat or two out it'll run better. It spins free but doesnt even spin 1 revolution by itself. Note to self, never make a belt with 1.5 inch slats. More likely to have slat roll annd more bolts. Carriage bolts are fucking heavvyyy. 2 - 3 inch slats is the way to go. And bigger end main wheels with those wider slats. Lighter belt, no slatroll, faster to build. LOL

15. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Looking good buddy ! The slats look small indeed, and the bolts are many. But the mill looks very decent. The one spin is a bit dissapointing, but the mill is leveled also from what i can see on the picture am i right ?

16. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

you could you have picked more heavy materials ? :D

good lesson, keep it up!!

17. kingfish2

kingfish2 Pup

can you post the links to where you would buy the skate wheels, go cart hubs and pvc belting.

18. Nash

Nash Big Dog

19. HF-Mills

HF-Mills Pup

Check my Mill,u can see what kind of wheels u can use..

Now he makes 10 freeturns..
    But i have another idee and will see what that will do on short term.

when u change 1 thing,its possible that its better or not.
    everything comes about mm en weight.

good luck

20. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

Thats why i was wonderin how much someones belt weighs that gets a decent amount of spins. See what im shootin for.