1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

can I do this? Legally....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pitbull_24, Oct 1, 2010.

1. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

I take my dogs for a walk everyday, and there is a house that leaves all of their dogs off of a leash. A german shepherd, black lab, some little scruffy thing.. Anyway, every time I go for a walk, they come off the property and into the road, and I am not comfortable with it especially because of the aggressive barking towards my dogs as well as me. Iv warned them before, put their dogs on a leash, keep them on the property. They dont listen. Is it legal to protect myself from those dogs like... shoot at them? Its just a bb gun, but with a full co2, they wont be feeling too good. My question is... Can I get in big trouble for doing that? AC isn't doing anything about it, in fact a cop drove by as I was being harassed!!!

I just dont want my dogs being blamed for it (they are only 6 months old and would get their asses kicked anyway) and I dont want to pay vet bills for my dogs being ripped apart.

2. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

I would check with your local laws, but in most places you have the right to protect yourself.

3. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Oh and the owners were standing right there today!!! They just stood and watched the dogs, didnt call them or anything. I told my fiance, if they come out in the road, keep drivin, its not illegal to hit a dog. "I swear officer it came out of nowhere I didnt have time to stop" but the dog got out of the way :rolleyes:

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

I feel you, there are plenty of idiots that do this. I take it there is no other route around them? Or walk early or later in the day, ocasionally I do walk in the evening, but 90% of the time it is 6 am when people are sleeping for this reason. Most people too lazy to leash a dog are to lazy to get up early LOL.......Get a little key chain of pepper spray and hit those dogs in the face next time....Just don't get your dogs or yourself.

5. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

If I walk one way, Iv got a couple "gangstas" that enjoy harassing me in their car, drive by, slow down and stop.... I would much rather deal with dogs than people that could snatch me up Im not but 5'2" maybe 110lbs lol They leave their dogs out all day and night, it doesnt matter whether I walk at 6am or 10pm, those dogs are there. Ill try that though, just gotta remember not to take it with me when I move back to MA lol for some reason you need a permit to carry it.

6. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I would shoot them with the bb gun and feel good about it!!...u have all the rights to protect urself!!..I would be honored to shoot at them with the bb gun if I see there owners just watching for the hell of it!!!!....wish it was me...lol

7. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Sounds like you have two reasons to get the pepper spray LOL....one good hit to the face they won't come close again....Ganstas or dogs.:D

8. yrrej

yrrej Pup

here where i'm at, fences aren't required to keep dogs in, but they cannot legally go out of their yards. in this day of cell phone cameras, etc., i think it would be easy to present evidence to the local animal regulation people. Sounds like people are at risk, as well as dogs. here, at least, if the dog is off its property, you can legally defend yourself. over one hundred thousand people in this state have concealed weapon permits, e.g. they are packing.

9. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Go buy yourself one of those tazers that shoot out hooks its considered a non lethal weapon and you dont need a lisence to carry it on your person. And the next time them dogs run up ROAST one of them fuckers until the owner comes and gets him.:mad:

10. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

buy urself a bag of sum gud weed offer it to the homies when they come down the road,make frends wit them, n them have them shoot the damn dogs:D:D:D

11. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I wouldnt mess with that, if the other guy see you trying to shot his dogs he might use a real one on you.

12. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I like this one.:rofl:
    If you want to be nice get some pepper spray and spray them all, including the owner.

13. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

if it was me I would like that cause I stay with mines!!....but if u don't have the heart like that or don't want to get in trouble than ur better off getting a taser or pepper spray!!

14. Gxkon

Gxkon Big Dog

just dont walk yer dog untill u can pick em all off with yer car

15. oldslowblue

oldslowblue Big Dog

most of the replies so far are going to get you locked up, or retaliated upon. you should call the law prior or post animal control. If they continue to ignore the illegal activity going on, write a letter to your local government or mayor. let them know, you have a $6000.00 house dog that enjoys walks and if one strand of fur gets hurt on it, your suing the town 4 neglegence. dogs are to be fenced or tethered or limited to the owners property. go down town and get copies of each complaint , they will surely help in your case;)

16. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Can you deal with the consequences? Would you be able to go as low as them?

17. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Very good advise.

18. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

i think it dont matter witche country bud its always the best to first check the laws about it in your place.. find contackt whit indeed animal controll or something and chek everything out first!!

maybe you can allso take another way??

i hate it this kind of things and i always walk another way..
    in my country whe dont even may have a shocker or you can be in big justitial problems. allso whe have a law that tells no dogs off leashes. only in places thats made for unleashe dogs.

i know its always a verry long way to keep things official and take care of it official buds its always the right way :)

19. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

People with dogs off leash drive me nuts!!! I have to deal with this every fucking day.. I hand walk 3-4 hours a day and live 20 west of Boston in the burbs. If it is not one of my many ass hole neighbors that just let their dogs out to shit and piss with no leash no fence it is a loose dog in the woods far off the beaten path with its owner. In the north east people just love dogs to fucking death and are all the furmommy type. A ton of the dogs from the south get shipped up this way to adopt out. It is like animal shelter central!!

I go so far outa my way to walk my dogs way off in the woods i drive 15min-1 hr at least 5-6 days a week and it still never fails that i run into at least one ass hole with their dog running loose. I have chosen to take a softer approach and learnt how to keep others dogs at bay while restraining my dogs. It usually means kicking, picking up, throwing them in some manner that is not to brutal but very clear to the owners i want nothing to do with their dog and i am not happy about it and will handle their dog if they dont. It amazes me when people see my two dogs ready to go and clearly wanting to eat their dog and they dont even budge or really do much about it and i have to pick there fucking dog up and toss it a good 5-10 ft to get it away from me. Almost makes you think they dont care for their animal or get another dog could end its life quick if it is the wright animal.

One of these days something real bad is gonna happen as there is nothing i can do about these people as i go as far off the beaten path as i can and still run into these ass holes. Sometimes i wish i could smack em around a bit and knock some sense into em or better yet let go of my leash and let em see what a mess they are asking for. It would end worse for me and my dogs than them as i know one of my dogs would leave the other close to dead if not dead and that would mean my dog goes bye bye in these parts. In the end i think the best thing to do is just work around these people keep your cool and do what seems reasonable to deal with the situation as we are the ones that own bulldogs and few are gonna be on our side in the end.

20. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Gas powered Air soft pistol with silencer...Not that expensive but good to have and not considered a weapon as long as you leave the orange ring on the front.