1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Canine Athletes Conditioning Feed Plan

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CanineAthletes, Apr 15, 2018.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Purpeower's Ch Skull (4XW). Around here he was 'THE Skull' but in the grand scheme of things not the Beaudreaux Skull that is most every one's first reaction.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=453877

We have a buddy that loves the dogs just not into the dogs. We place puppies with him and he keeps them until they decide they want to be bulldogs. When they come back they know how to work, they are well kept and in perfect health. Skull was given to him. He had no interest in anything but food and sleep, but could not be motivated by food. Super lazy. I had him next and it was the same. I traded him to the guy that owned the sire. He in turn traded him to another. That person was in and out of jail and the few dogs he had were just about starved to death. Horrible conditions.

His last owner saw the dog just about starved to death and looking terrible. He is maybe 6'7" maybe 6'8", 350+, a real mountain of a man. He gave the owner two choices while standing beside the pitiful dog. Either A, I take the dog home and keep you from starving him to death and every one is happy. Or B, I beat the ever living shit out of you, take the dog home and everyone is happy. The guy chose A.

For whatever reason, maybe even simple appreciation and/or thankfulness Skull woke up and laid wood to any and every thing in his path. One of the hardest working dogs I have ever seen from the rescue going forward.

I have a daughter of his now who is throwing some nice dogs.

And he was an ugly ass patch white brindle dog. A coat color only a mother could love.

S

oldguy, bks, DISCOIII and 1 other person like this.
  2. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I never understood why dogs do that? Years of lazy looking at nothing, then suddenly work all out for anything you give them.. I watched TV shows where police/customs/hunters etc adopted a process of selecting pups with the most prey drive, ones that are crazy for a ball or lure, maybe they also use other selection techniques, I don't know? It's heart breaking when you get one you like, but the lazy bastard won't work.. Years ago I had a 50lb male, best I'd seen in ages, he'd work anything, only problem was he got real nasty the more excited he got.. After 5 minutes flirt pole, he'd try to close the circle and go for my arm instead of the lure, one day I put him back on the chain because he was tripping out, I turned my back to walk away and he was straight into me, and I mean tried to eat me.. I was on my own in the yard and if he wasn't restricted by the chain It could have gone bad, but it never, al least not for me!

I appreciate you sharing your experience of Redboy dogs Slim, although you might regret that when I hound you for info every time you log in :) They definitely got me interested.. Other than Kitten's Peaches who produced Joe Montana as stated previously, a man I know imported this dog to the UK, then decided Redboy wasn't his thing and sold him for £300
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=92225
    I tried to buy that dog plus another male he imported that was out of Beetlejuice, but 'as usual' the ship sailed by the time I got there.. Danny was a quiet, easy going type dog and produced one of the best females of her day, been interested in Redboy since really!

YellowJohnJocko likes this.
  3. YellowJohnJocko

YellowJohnJocko Big Dog

Very nice dog Oldguy!!!

oldguy likes this.
  4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I have to figure out to do the pictures here. Or maybe at least step up from the flip phone,.....

I have a dog in the back yard that looks just like the brindle dog in the picture. Maybe less white in the chest but the same brown brindle. Same head, same body structure. Maybe slight more bone but a picture can be deceiving at times. But pretty much the same.

I really like the way that dog looks.

S

oldguy likes this.
  5. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Check Danny's pedigree, it states his conditioned weight was 39lb.. He was only young when I saw him and was around 42-44lb then, so he could only have got bigger! I understand everyone has their own view of things, but people over here obsessed by presenting stripped out, dehydrated, skeletal treadmill competitors, convinced they were conditioned athletes, no wonder Danny lost! I owned this daughter, nothing fancy, but would run against a mill until she died! Her 1/2 sister (Itchy) was outstanding!
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=305937
    A few photos below.

Attached Files:

6. Fl0w

Fl0w Pup

How do y'all determine the "true weight" of a dog? As said above I know everyone has their own view of the question but I'd be really interested to have some of your opinions.

CarolinaScratchKing likes this.
  7. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Who was itchy’s mother oldguy ?

8. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

9. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Thought it might have been sandancers scully out of scallywag

10. Did you ever see them?.........

11. Have you had many bad tempers ones like that Oldguy?.............

12. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Could have bought "Scallywag" back in the day , he was a strong good looking black dog , just a little too much asked
    a friend did end up with his sister , a hard mouthed bitch ,

Soze the killer, palooka and oldguy like this.
  13. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

That's interesting! The Itchy bitch was hard mouthed too, brutal in fact! I'd never even heard of Sandancer's Scully until I saw Itchy.. Seems like the Danny breeding was a good one.

Soze the killer likes this.
  14. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Scallywag was some dog ... i had a daughter off him and his sister ilene ... i tried to breed her back to him twice but neither took

Soze the killer likes this.
  15. I learnt of them sort of dogs.some of the ones I seen,could of made the grade.....but sadly,they never.as they all got put with unsuitable owners.every one I seen got killed by the law!......I have a slight touch of Scully,in like the 6th or so.lol.....ever heard of Kaos?..mine are more to do with her.....

16. Also.even though this is from years ago........the ones I seen were all buckskin(with black nose)or chocolate/red( with red nose).....did you see any like this?....the ones I seen were of dutch....I also noticed they had very thin tails.some were very intense,some were rather mellow.........

17. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

18. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Did the danny x scully litter turn out better than the danny x rosita one oldguy ?