1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cattle tags

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Jun 26, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

we just put them on all are walkers (deer dogs) they are working great for the flies supposed to help with fleas and ticks also. pick them up at any feed and supply store. has anyone else used them and how were the results.

2. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Tell me a little more.......we use permectricine which is also for cattle & horses and works great. R these little tags that stick to the dogs skin? If so, how do you keep it from getting scratched off.

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

A fella I know was using them, attaching them to the dogs collar with a wire tie, he said they were not working real effective for him, but i know others that said they worked well...

Wish I had more info to pass along...
    BB

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

the ones bbk are talking about are the ones we use. they hook onto the dogs collars you should be able to find them at any feed an supply store. i dont know the exact indgredients in them. they are working well for our hunting dogs so far

5. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I will have to check them out.......Is there a Brand Name? How long do they last? What is the cost?

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

they last us about 4-5 months usally the whole summer sometimes we will put new one on every 2-3 months depending on how bad the flies are. the store we get them at cost us between 2-3 bucks. if you seen cows its the tags they pin in their ears