1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Certificate of Gameness

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by D Game Butcher, Aug 31, 2010.

1. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Ive seen COG on pedigrees of dogs I was just wondering how does one accomplish this? What all do you have to do for them to recognize that your dog has proven its self to be game, and if they do this for Patterdales then why not pit bulls.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

bc its illegal to prove an apbts gameness;)

3. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Yeah, I was just wondering how they get away with it with patterdales they actally print it out on the registered pedigree. Seems as if it would be like the adba printing out ROM or 2xW.

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

they can get away with it because legitimate hunting with dogs is not illegal (in most states/countries anyhow)

and some of my old abda pedigrees list CH and GR CH, and not of the conformation variety

5. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

They could say the same thing about pitbulls being proven game through "hunting", What im actually trying to find out is what are the requirements of the registry to put COG in front of a dogs name on the pedigree. Does it take video evidence, or can anybody say that there dog is game and have it put on paper? Just trying to find out the validity of this COG.. Thanks

6. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

they also have that for jagd terriers. They Call it LZ9 qualification. Dont think too many people worry about certificate of gameness. I havent seen any thread on this topic.

7. culabula

culabula Big Dog

on what .grizzly bears?

8. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

In Germany we have a little sign after the dog name in the pedigrees of hunting dogs.
    It's called "Härtestrich". In English you can say "hard-slash".
    The dog must work rough and tough on wild boar to get it.
    The look of the sign is this: /

CG, Härtestrich or what ever, are tests where the dogs have to work hard on strong and dangerous opponents. The rules are a little different from hunting-club to hunting-club.

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

one thing i never understood.

the whole ch, gr ch or __xw. ok so yes its illegal to test dogs or match em.

but the conformation show folks use these as well on theyre peds without worry.

so why dont doggers do the same thing and just say that its conformation or hunting or whatever.

it would make things easier when lookin over a pedigree.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

they try lwg but them humaniacs aint buyin it. jus keep ur biz to urself imo

11. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Are you serious? Damn, I thought I just made that term up when I was messing with a Bully owner. :D

12. laapbt

laapbt Pup

Anybody can put anything in front of their dogs name. Doesn't make it true. A lot of peddlers in the world these days.

13. Spot on mate. A dog's as good as his last dig.

14. rathernotsay

rathernotsay Big Dog