1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ch plumber's alligator por

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by mrstranger, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

JW what is everyone's opinion on this line today?

Thanks in advance.

2. I like, crosses well with what I have but are hard to find bred the way I like them.....

3. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Would not whant to have any other foundation!!. then the alligator blood

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

pups act like Great Whites from day one, the one i got now anyway, crazy barkers tho!

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Great line of dogs!

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

very strong family

7. zeboray

zeboray Pup

I agree very strong family.i,m upset about the fact we talking about it because the peddlers are always looking for the next great thing to peddle.

8. what traits are alligator bred dogs known for?

9. dillybar

dillybar Pup

I love this family of dogs so much that I have stuck with them for almost 30 years. During that time I have tried many other lines and have always kept a secondary line that I breed both pure and cross with the Alligator blood. Currently and for the past 15 years I have used Carver dogs and I truly like them. But at the end of the day I must say that the Alligator dogs are true to my heart. I have always used the Alligator dogs as yardsticks to compare the other lines I have tried. I like them crossed and line bred with the Carver either heavy on the Alligator or heavy on the Carver.

For some reason I have had no luck with many other lines as they just seem to fall short in my experience. I know that different lines work for different people but for me it is and always will be Alligator.

The Alligator that I have used with success comes directly form this individual as the foundation dog:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=379

I have known at least 10 of his sons, many of is daughters and saw 1st hand how they produced. I have owned many of his grandsons and daughters who were phenomenal individuals in every way one would expect them to be.

The line has never been peddled and most likely never will be as the true caretakers of the blood are very careful as to who gets the good stuff that is up close in the family. Having said all of this they are just another family of bulldogs and they are only as good as the people who own them and breed them. Thankfully for the Alligator line there have been some top notch Dogmen involved in their development. Most peddlers don't have the money, time or balls to breed and feed the line bred and inbred litters necessary to keep the good quality traits of this line intact. Most will just buy or raise an good quality individual from the line and make a cross and have some success. They never think about what got them to that point. In other words you can cross with great success easily using this line but it takes a inbred or line bred individual to make the cross. Otherwise in just one or two generations you are no longer working with Alligator but something else. Not to say this is a bad thing, but surely it is different.

I hear people talk about this line and that one getting ruined due to over breeding but that can easily be avoided buy going back to the breeder who created the line. He knows what works and what doesn't work. Too many times people make a mistake by trying to buy a dog or a pup from someone who has bred to well bred dogs together because it was cheaper of more accessible. My advise to them is to do your homework first and buy from the man that has the long time track record for producing good dogs and not a fly by night or off an add from pedsonline. If you go to a reputable honest breeder and end up not happy, the breeder will do what it takes within reason to make it right as long as you are not a dumb ass who screws off dogs out of pure neglect, haphazardness, or stupidity.

As far as what the line is know for, it is a solid family based on very high quality individuals that are intelligent, hearty and a sheer pleasure to own.

10. AK47

AK47 Pup

very true Dillybar. apprecite you honesty on the subject. Im not a fan but has a very high respect for that bloodline.

11. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

good advise.

12. Mako

Mako Pup

Dillybar that was an excellent post, and I have to say you have excellent taste in dogs, as alligator & carver dogs are my favorite lines as well. Ive had the pleasure to spend time with quite a few different dogs from different bloodlines and there's just something about the alligator dogs i have a soft spot for. I've been in the market for a pup for a while now and have been holding off waiting for the right alligator dog, from either Mr. Hammonds or Watts to come around. I was hoping to get a pup from Watts's Rumblesnort x Loretta breeding but looks like no pups available to the public :(
    Have you got a chance to read Mr. Hammonds book? Lots of great info, pictures & stories.

13. It really does my heart good to read a post like dillybar posted about his alligator blood. SOmeone that is a true fancier of the great breed and keeps there business to themselves. My hats off to you. To bad that your experiences are the exception these days..

14. Mako

Mako Pup

Rough & tough bulldogs, hard mouh, good heavy bone structure, sometimes larger, catchweight size.
    Order a yard video from catchdog enterprises to see a nice variety of alligator & Rufus dogs. The breeder is a great guy & very knowledgeable.

15. rickk

rickk Pup

great line of dog i have sum it and its pure pitbull then had it for at least 9 years and have thrown great pups when put with my honeybunch dog
    :)

16. big dan

big dan Big Dog

Was any of the Hammonds dogs large and brindle.And I mean large.There is a story behind this.

17. gators

gators Pup

me too i've got 1 from mr Hammonds, very smart dog. and i think mr Hmmonds is very honest, knowlegedeable, and a very good man

18. che

che Top Dog

i love the size of that dogs.... and they are very strong dogs...

19. Had a Rufus/Alligator bitch from Hammonds beauty dog, one breeding then some neighbour poisioned her cause she barked too much cookie with s,ething in it , good dog that Alligator stuff is really good.And yes Gary is a very honest good dogman and you can never go wrong with any of his dogs, always been honest and upfront with me, one of the great old time breeders.

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

neighbours suck!