1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

chain

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, May 7, 2010.

1. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

be the tortoise slow and steady wins the race lol.

2. venom

venom Top Dog

quickest way to wreck a dog is to not allow it to be a pup.

3. magdalena

magdalena Big Dog

That's a good reminder ShakaZ as some high drive puppies won't stop even when they are tired with the flirt pole or the spring pole, I have Puck on his or chasing his maybe 3 times a day 3-5 minutes each time. Honestly walking is probably the best exercise and even that in moderation with a pup. Letting them run around in a yard on their own terms and stopping when they get tired is play and fun too, though I've had to tackle a few pups who could stay out there zooming for hours.

4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Yup... Got to remember pups don't know any better so you have to know for them. Then as they get older you can do more. Get to be a year to fourteen months you can START em on pulling weight... I wouldn't do a hard keep until eighteen months and older, though some people wait until the two year mark to do their first hard keep.

5. venom

venom Top Dog

got my pup on one of these

[​IMG]

6. magdalena

magdalena Big Dog

Perfect, I just need that and a puppy and I can say goodbye to any grass in my yard. No more mowing ever!

7. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I think you have us all beat with that one.