1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chavis Jocko. (the Dog Jeep ran from)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NORTH, Jun 1, 2006.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

[Cross posted]

This dog was a legend in the South. No dog was more feared. He had a unqie style that made him so devastating. He only would hit the left rear stifle. He would not bite a dog any place else. But once he got there he would kill you. He would simply not let go. He was that devastating. Instead of putting himself in the “69” position where another dog could grab his stifle he stayed in the same direction as the other dog. He would shake and just crush the nerver and muscle of his opponent. Once in it was a rap. Jocko was a unique bred dog. He came from a bloodline few knew much about. His sire was a devastating dog called Jackson’s Hank. Hank was owned by the legendary dog man Vernon Jackson. The bottom side of Jocko is in question to some degree. Jocko was owned and campaigned by Flecther Chavis. He was sold to a fellow named Wayne Porter. The price was $7,500, which at the time was a huge amount. Chavis bought himself a new pickup with “Jocko” on the tag. Porter was one of the first Homosexuals to be active in the dog game. As you can imagine he got a lot of teasing. One night Crenshaw said a few things and Porter went to his truck to get his gun. The people there told Crenshaw to get out. He listened. When Porter came in Crenshaw was gone. Later on Porter killed to men with a shotgun, blowing their heads off after they made some homo remark to them. When the FBI came looking for Porter they found 75 dogs on his land in Winston Salem NC. Those dogs, including Jocko, were seized and put down. That was the end of Jocko. Porter was apprehended in Calf and is now serving life a sentence.

Badger$77 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

Wow, nice post!

3. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Great story now tell the one about Jeep running from jacko never herd that one ether.

4. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

wow. nice story. if jeep ran then where'd that story go? ( just to re-iterate big game's point.) porter ran to california......how fitting......i wonder what stereotype san francisco and the rest of california has.....?????hmmmmmm....the 49'ers might as well have a pink jersey on.....

5. Suki

Suki Guest

Good read!

Enjoyed reading it, very much.:)
    Nice to see this posted.

6. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

I've never heard that one before. Great story. Keep'em coming

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Whether a Jocko/Jeep was dodged, everyone needs to keep in mind Jeep is not remembered for being a ACE, or even a remarkable pit dog. He was a deep game dog, that produced-and thats what is his name-stay, producing. There are as many diffrent opinions as to who could of beat Jeep as there are dogmen you question, almost everyone agrees that Jeep was not only beatable, but there was more than one dog that could do it.

8. Sad story....were you get your information from.....?

9. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I agree 100% rock

10. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

just posting a good story, that was not written by me. But is infact an interesting read.

11. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I agree it was a good post and althow it sounded like it ,I was not trying to be a wise ass. I realy want to hear the one about when Jeep ran from Jacko

12. Would love to find more informations like this on here! Nice and real Bulldog talk.

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Pick up some old SDJ's on ebay, or better yet, order up the European mags for your half of the world ;)

14. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

yep most of these storys can be found in old journals, however be carefull to get the original copies sence the photo copies arent worth a shit. good luck.

15. WOW...My half of the world....thx but I only own Germany...lol...ok I will look for it.

16. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

well i can't speak for san fran cause that story's a rap....but, Stockton isn't know for what's being intended.that's 4 sure.

17. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

That was a great story, never knew that he fought like that! Every dog is diffrent just like people!!

18. K kennels

K kennels Pup

what was jeeps weight.....was it 42.....jocko was 47 or 48.....they dodged yellow john not jocko.......

19. Noname

Noname Banned

Funny how time has turned Jeep into a "deep game" dog. lol He was not ever considered "deep game" or was any of his littermates. Ask around or bring back the admin that knows the story just stop repeating the lies.

20. blkdog

blkdog Pup

noname, im no big jeep fan, but he was a legitamate champion ,who won over the great ch homer rom in 3:45..now i dont know about you, but id say lacking gameness wasnt his problem..i think his littermates ch charlie and ch missy were more talented, they say...but ive never heard jeep lacked gameness.....thats what he was known for...